Nine divines

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am

What i want to ask is this:While in oblivion you can talk to the daedra lords and make them give you quests, you cant do this with the nine divines.Do they communicate with common mortals or they just prefer not to interfere?(perhaps they do not exist?).Do they have any connection with the daedra?
Matt Bee

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Not in the same way, I don't think, partially because they're "dead." They're not as strong as the Daedra in a basic sense; the Aedra gave most of their beings into the Aurbis, that is, the universe, while the Daedra didn't. Thus, the Daedra have a more direct impact on Nirn because they're stronger.

To try to answer your question as simple as possible, no, not in a direct sense at least. They can create perhaps avatars of themselves in extreme circumstances, but that's the most I know they can do.
Hannah Barnard

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:27 am

The Divines did use avatars to communicate with the Nerevarine. Mara (Ama Min), Zenithar (John Hawker) and Talos (Wulf) were present in TESIII.
Izzy Coleman

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:50 am

The Aedra are much more passive than the Daedra, who seem to be toying with mortals most of the time.
Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:02 am

I'm sure Akatosh isnt as "dead" as the other aedra as he still can create a strong enough avatar to compete with a daedra's avatar, i've also heard that akatosh has a connection to lorkhan the trickster.
Terry

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:00 am

I'm sure Akatosh isnt as "dead" as the other aedra as he still can create a strong enough avatar to compete with a daedra's avatar, i've also heard that akatosh has a connection to lorkhan the trickster.

That wasn't Dagon's avatar if you ask me, more like the real deal.
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:24 am

That was an "extreme circumstance" I was talking about. And you're right about a connection between Lorkhan and Akatosh.

Think about this: if two things need each other to exist, but at the same time are indeed different things, then this connection would make them MUCH more connected, right?
Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 am

That wasn't Dagon's avatar if you ask me, more like the real deal.

Technically was. Daedra are much stronger in the sense that they retained all of their et'Adan power which the Aedra didn't do.
asako

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 am

Technically was. Daedra are much stronger in the sense that they retained all of their et'Adan power which the Aedra didn't do.

I wonder, does this also apply when they are not in their own Realm? Would Dagon be weaker when he is in the mortal Realm than when he is back in his Realm in Oblivion?
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 am

I wonder, does this also apply when they are not in their own Realm? Would Dagon be weaker when he is in the mortal Realm than when he is back in his Realm in Oblivion?

I'd imagine so; it's "home field advantage," so he'd be running things. All the times he's been defeated have been outside of there, so I'd imagine, since he's bound by the "laws" of the Aurbis, such as having to "make" a neonymic (if you don't know what that is, do a search at TIL), he'd be weaker.
Enie van Bied

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 am

Akatosh, the Time God, could kick anyone's tail, save perhaps his same-twin on the other end of the auribilical cord, the Space God. All in the Aurbis come from this auribilical soul known as [UNTRANSLATABLE], or Akatosh and Lorkhan as we know [IT], endless echoes of mindbending madness given dimension, the same save for scale.

The impossipoint of Convention is the only place where [IT] remembers, and the memory that is the Blue Star of Mnemoli brings the serpent hunger that drives the Alinor dragon into its fiery and toothy stare. We must LOVE the fight and enter into avoidance through our sideways walk back through the stars or acquiesce to a Sithite erasure.

Give ye heed to Julianos, and He shall protect you and hold the Tower true. Until then, I remain...

___The Word Merchant of Julianos
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:57 pm

By Azura By Azura By Azura ... Who is John Hawker?
jennie xhx

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:53 am

He was an avatar of Zenithar. You meet him during an Imperial Cult quest.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Jon_Hawker
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ring_in_Darkness
How strange. And these tokens of Zenithar -- they bear remarkable enchantments, strikingly appropriate to the god they honor. I wonder... might you have been tested by an avatar of the god Zenithar himself? Strange. Very strange. But you have done well, and it is clear to me that you were meant to keep the ring for yourself, to keep it safe, and to use it in the service of the Nine. Congratulations. Speak to me again when you are ready to undertake another of the Oracle's Quests.

Robyn Lena

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:26 am

Akatosh, the Time God, could kick anyone's tail, save perhaps his same-twin on the other end of the auribilical cord, the Space God. All in the Aurbis come from this auribilical soul known as [UNTRANSLATABLE], or Akatosh and Lorkhan as we know [IT], endless echoes of mindbending madness given dimension, the same save for scale.

And this "madness" is leaving in the "departure" of SHEOG. Like I said, some bad 'ish is about to go down.... :shakehead:
Lilit Ager

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

What i want to ask is this:While in oblivion you can talk to the daedra lords and make them give you quests, you cant do this with the nine divines.Do they communicate with common mortals or they just prefer not to interfere?(perhaps they do not exist?).Do they have any connection with the daedra?

The aedra are abstract and very very bad. if you had your life essence ripped out and used as raw materials to design a universe populated with beings you hated, how would you feel? Pretty bad, I'd guess. That's how the Eight Divines feel. The Ninth dosen't exist. he used to, but he was a human who died and was deified for political purposes no matter what the Imperial propoganda storybooks say.
Chloe Lou

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 am

The Ninth dosen't exist. he used to, but he was a human who died and was deified for political purposes no matter what the Imperial propoganda storybooks say.

Are you serious?
Jessie

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Without the divinity of the Nineth, the Divine Crusader could not have pursued Umaril beyond death.
Johnny

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:47 am

The aedra are abstract and very very bad. if you had your life essence ripped out and used as raw materials to design a universe populated with beings you hated, how would you feel? Pretty bad, I'd guess. That's how the Eight Divines feel.

Lets assess a few points for a moment shall we. To begin with, we will notice that all the Aedra that stayed on Nirn did so of their free will, they could have all left when Magnus did and Nirn would have never come to be; rather, they stayed, and not only did they stay but they sacrificed themselves so that the world might survive, willingly. They hate mortals? Why would they hate mortals? They are their own children, not only that, but its the mortals who brought them back to existence after they died...
The Ninth dosen't exist. he used to, but he was a human who died and was deified for political purposes no matter what the Imperial propoganda storybooks say.

Perhaps you'd care to tell me why he was lallygagging around Red Mountain then when he's supposed to be dead... or why he can have a blessing in Oblivion... or how he managed to be part of the Enantiomorph and you still give him no significance...
Stephy Beck

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 am

The aedra are abstract and very very bad. if you had your life essence ripped out and used as raw materials to design a universe populated with beings you hated, how would you feel? Pretty bad, I'd guess. That's how the Eight Divines feel. The Ninth dosen't exist. he used to, but he was a human who died and was deified for political purposes no matter what the Imperial propoganda storybooks say.

Yeeeaaah... that's very wrong. It's cool you're thinking, but...it's in a wrong way. This is one thing that can be proven to be wrong.
cheryl wright

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 am

The Divines did use avatars to communicate with the Nerevarine. Mara (Ama Min), Zenithar (John Hawker) and Talos (Wulf) were present in TESIII.

Wulf was Talos?!?
I always wondered who he was. But, how could you tell? :confused:
Katharine Newton

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Wulf was Talos?!?
I always wondered who he was. But, how could you tell? :confused:

His ID tag in the CS gave it away.
Heather Kush

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 am

That was an "extreme circumstance" I was talking about. And you're right about a connection between Lorkhan and Akatosh.

Think about this: if two things need each other to exist, but at the same time are indeed different things, then this connection would make them MUCH more connected, right?

Exactly. Just in the same way as white implies black, matter implies void, Akatosh implies Lorkhan (and vice versa.) They're different poles of the same magnet.
Kim Kay

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:40 am

Exactly. Just in the same way as white implies black, matter implies void, Akatosh implies Lorkhan (and vice versa.) They're different poles of the same magnet.

Indeed. They need the other to exist. Almost as if they're one and the same...
Louise Andrew

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:59 am

His ID tag in the CS gave it away.

Ah. I never messed with any existing NPC in the CS, in case i messed something up. :P
Scarlet Devil

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:01 am

Ah. I never messed with any existing NPC in the CS, in case i messed something up. :P

The Oracle of the Imperial back in Ebonheart, Lalatia Varian, will also tell you:
    "A weird tale. And you say you have been marked by good fortune -- by 'the luck of the emperor' -- since you received the coin from the old veteran? Tell me -- did the face of the old veteran resemble the face on the coin? Did anyone else ever see this old man? I hesitate to suggest it. But I think you have been visited by an aspect of Tiber Septim. Surely this is a sign of a great doom laid upon you by the gods."

R.I.p MOmmy

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion