Non-hardcoe Survival tips?

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:51 am

So, I've never really been interested in hardcoe mode, but I wanted to give the Survival skill a try. My latest character is therefore using it instead of Medicine for healing. Initially, I do Sunny's tutorial quests, as that plus the trip to Primm gives me a bunch of Geckos to kill. This allows me to build up a decent supply of Gecko Steaks, which I use initially for healing. My Home Mod has a garden that includes the ingredients for Healing Poultices (though I can only make about 4 at a time), so I start building up a supply of those; while they're not the most effective healing item, they combine solid healing with relatively light weight, and also have some limb restoration, so they're a solid general-purpose healing item. I've also been using Fiery Purgatives for Rad removal instead of Rad-away. That's...pretty much it. I've gotten a recommendation to use Rushing Water, but I never remember to use chems in combat, so it really wouldn't be much use for me, though it's not a bad suggestion in and of itself. As it is, though, I'm wondering if there is anything else that would be helpful, or if I've already got the major things. Does anyone have any advice?

Neliel Kudoh

Return to Fallout: New Vegas