Not sure if it was Sanguine messing with me?!?!

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Just completed A Night To Remember, so I could get the prize. When I got into Morvunskar, the electromages promptly killed me. I reloaded, and tried to take out the boss first. I shot him, he blasted me, I died! :glare:

Reloaded, and decided to let Lydia take the abuse while I sniped him from hiding. It was working, until another one of the mages got around behind me, and nearly one shot me! I hit the hotkey where I keep my healing potions and, nothing! Boom, I'm dead, again! :facepalm:

Reloaded, and made SURE the healing potions were hot keyed correctly. Took some damage, went for a potion. NADA, zip, nothing! Open the favorites menu, hot key the 20 or so potions AGAIN, take one, then NOTHING! :o

After getting killed for the fifth time in short order, it dawned on me that either the mages, or a glitch were taking the potions off the assigned key! It was bad enough that I was severely outmatched by the group of mages, they had to cheat as well?!?!? :flame:

Maddy Paul

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:20 am

That room svcks! Sounds like a glitch to me.

Have you tried the "open inventory" method to get at your potions? What about other hotkeys, like weapon/spell swapping? I know that for me in the heat of battle, I "fat finger" and mis-hit keys regularly :lol:

I usually use an Illusion frenzy spell to soften up them first, but if you don't have an illusionist, this may not be a valid method.

phillip crookes

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm

Once I figured out what was going on, I hid in a corner and tried using a potion. Something in there was definitely taking it off the 8 key that I use for healing potions! I could get one, then I needed to either open the inventory, or the favorites and reassign it. I did it multiple times out of curiosity.

I'm wondering if the level of the mages was tweaked as well, because I don't think between Lydia and me, we ever managed to kill more than one of the 5 or 6 mages before I got nuked!

I debated about lowering the difficulty for the fight, but finally said the heck with it, one cheat deserves another and toggled God mode. I walked in, and when the big boss hit me and I just stood there, I swear he had a surprised look on his face! Well, right up until I buried my axe in it! :flamethrower:

Richard

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:00 am

:lol: Whatever works!

That room is especially tough, no matter what level. The "Boss" is usually a very high level mage and there are 4 to 6 others that help him out. It can get real ugly, real fast...

Have a good time with Sanguine :)

Dezzeh

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:00 am

That staff is one of my favorite pieces of gear, and I actually enjoy the quest to get it. Inevitably, waking up in the temple is my first trip to Markarth, so I always wind up doing the whole Cidnha mine/Forsworn thing as part of it.

This time around, It took me long enough that I was looking forward to finishing the whole thing up, when I ran across Mr. Sparky and company! I vaguely remembered how hard that fight was from my last play through, but didn't realize it was part of this quest. Last time, I think I was leveled up quite a bit more as well. If I could have kept chugging potions, I'd have slogged my way through the fight, but sometimes being a God is fun!

This play through has had a couple interesting challenges, like the Blood Dragon I encountered at level 9 or so! Most of the game has been pretty normal, have a bunch of fights, and getting killed by the occasional boss. Then all of a sudden I have what should be a run of the mill encounter, and it's like the game throws a difficulty spike at me!

Depending on my mood, I'll either keep trying different strategies until something works, or if it gets ridiculous, I'll "improvise"! :evil:

Dan Scott

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:47 pm

hehehe That sounds interesting :D

Holli Dillon

Return to V - Skyrim