Oblivion Association

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:50 pm

So I was browsing youtube, and came across this mod compilation that looks pretty cool.

Oblivion Association. See videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4M5l32bDsI

Seems it has incorporated BC, MOO, Arthmoor's Alternate Beginnings, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Elsweyr City Extension, Realistic Leveling, Tales from Elsweyr Anequina and a bunch of other popular mods, with new UI, music, and texture packs. Looks great, and breathes a new life to this classic favorite of mine.

Any russian-speakers out here that can shed more light on this?

Mason Nevitt

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:43 am

1 word... illegal

R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:18 am

There are lots of such "compilations" out there. One of them is made and actively maintained by a well known Nexus modder, which I've reported to Dar0ne in may.... No one responded.

Alexander Lee

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:10 am

Can't help but wonder how many of the mods in that compilation were used with permission.

Craig Martin

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:10 am

For whatever it's worth here is how my Google Chrome translated the video's description:

"Meet Oblivion Association - the biggest modification work in the world, created for the game The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and in fact reverses the familiar world of Elder Scrolls. The game includes a unique localized modes, a no where found: giant Better Cities, amazing MOO, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Elsweyr City Extension, Realistic Leveling, Tales from Elsweyr Anequina and many others. Only in Oblivion Association, you will find a complete repleyser almost all vanilla armor and weapons, almost all game textures and a variety of models from MacKlaud'a wizard. The unique game interface and map the entire continent, with all the included modes and terrain from allexa. Hundreds of new loading screens and descriptions of all the included mods completely in Russian. New shaders environment, water, and weather effects, largely enhanced AI. Completely changed the texture, music, a lot of new quests, books, dialogues, spells, monsters, and characters who live, fight and die next to the player. New locks for players at home, the game changed and expanded absolutely all the buildings, as above-ground settlement and underground caves. Available to you huge new continents and other worlds to explore. Authors modifications made ??many changes to the game LORu consistent and common sense, but our main goal is not strict adherence to the canons of the Elder Scrolls universe, and exciting and unique gameplay, so in some cases we do not consciously left LOR'nye elements. Oblivion Association is updated almost every day and has a large gaming community, build the administration involved in the testing world-class projects, thanks to all these factors could combine almost 400 of the best versions collected from around the world. Join the adventure in the new world of The Elder Scrolls 4:! Oblivion along with the Oblivion Association."

At first I thought perhaps it was merely an individual's suggested mod list. But this translation does make it sound like a repackaging project. If not illegal it is certainly immoral, in my view.

Matt Bigelow

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:06 am

In the video, when he opened the console I saw a bunch of mods, including my mod DMS.

I don't know if he was using it for himself or if they included DMS in the package.

Should they ask me for permission I would allow it, but until they send me a PM officially asking for it, I will consider this a violation.

And I guess the same violation happened for many (if not all) the other mods.

ILy- Forver

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:47 am

Guarantee they never asked permission to use mine, and I would have said no anyway. I never allow my stuff to be incorporated into compilations like that.

Bigze Stacks

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Interesting - I assumed mistakenly that they had obtained permission from the modders before compiling.

It is a Russian mod, so I am assuming not hosted on Nexus or TESA. Not sure what recourse is available to modders on this issue.

That said, the UI and textures look fresh.

RObert loVes MOmmy

Return to IV - Oblivion