Oblivion character customization

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:22 pm

Hey guys, I have noticed that in oblivion you are able to make some races certain colors that you cannot find on npcs. For example you can make a high elf that is completely white, but in none of the elder scrolls games is there a completely white high elf. Are there any lore friendly answer? If not, is there an answer at all?
Scared humanity

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:55 am

I don't think a lore explanation in needed. The way I see it, what we see in these games is not the literal worlds themselves, but an artist's representation of those worlds. When an artist paints a picture or a novelist writes a novel they do not include everything. They choose important details and leave the rest to our imaginations. We do not hear the names of every single inhabitant of Saint Petersburg in Tolstoy's War and Peace, for example. In Oblivion we do not see every single inhabitant of the Imperial City.

I think the same is true of races. On earth, our races come in a vast array of shades and variations. I think we can assume that the same holds true for Nirn as well. The skin tones found among High Elves in Tamriel are probably limitless and include those with white skin. But the artists chose not to represent all High Elves in the composition. As with all other artistic representations, some details are shown to the viewer, and some details are left to the imagination.

evelina c

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:22 pm

That is a very poetic way of looking at it.... I like it! :)

Thanks for the help!

trisha punch

Return to IV - Oblivion