oblivion crashing

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:14 am

hello!

all of a sudden oblivion likes to crash when i travel by using the map. it does not happen all the time, but it is really annoying. this happens at the point when the loading screen should appear. when i have to restart the game, it works well all of a sudden for while.

moreover, it seems that the INI file gets deleted aswell, because the game wants to detect the video card again. also i have to change ingame features such as the difficulty.

the game is fully patched and i also got the inofficial patches installed, but the same issue happens. all graphic and sound card drivers are up to date.

the game used to work well.

my laptop data:
- intel i7
- win 7 64 bit
- 6GB ram
- nvidia gts 360M
sw1ss

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Running any mods? Changed anything on your machine lately? How many hours on your game? Still have autosaves turned on? (on travel, on rest, etc.)
Maria Leon

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am

no mods (i got the GOTY edition) except for the inoficial patches, no changes on the laptop were made,

i spent many hours on the game, i solved all guild quests so far and the half of the main game is solved also

and yes, autosave is active
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 am

everything installed fine but when the king gets killed and i go to the entrance to the sewers the game cuts off and asks me if i want to send Microsoft the message
is it the game or my computer. pleas and thank you
Shelby Huffman

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 am

everything installed fine but when the king gets killed and i go to the entrance to the sewers the game cuts off and asks me if i want to send Microsoft the message
is it the game or my computer. pleas and thank you

More than likely your computer. You should make your own thread about this though rather than hijacking someone else's
MARLON JOHNSON

Return to IV - Oblivion