Old Morrowind Spells

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:58 am

i could go for mark/recall, jump, levitation, and divine intervention. Those would be the only spells i really used that werent included in oblivion.
lacy lake

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Levitation and the various teleportation spells. In Oblivion I missed being able to cast a recall spell when I'd gotten in over my head and was being chased by an angry mob. And who doesn't want to be able to fly?
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:34 am

Mark/recall, intervention and levitation. I missed the last one in particular when I started playing Oblivion.
Davorah Katz

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Everything from Morrowind except for Poison. I prefer that to be related to Alchemy.

I ticked poison, and have now unticked it - I once opened a chest and got poisoned, and had to use an intervention scroll to buy a potion just in time...

Every spell has its place. I loved the way that I had hundreds of leftover scrolls that I found uses for at random points! And lock should definitely return, now it'll actually work!
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:15 am

I missed levitation a lot in Oblivion too, but I remember they adressed the reason why it wasn't in the game. Since the major cities in Oblivion were walled, the interior of the city was programmed as a separate, unique cell (not sure if that is the correct term) from the external areas. As a result, people attempting to levitate over the walls to enter the city would create a major problem, since when you are standing outside the walls there is nothing actually there on the inside except some pieces of scenery for visual effect. I remember there was at least one city where you could perform a series of jumps to various roofs to exit from the inside. When you did this you ended up floating below the ground and looking at the landscape "from the inside out". Kinda fun and goofy but you obviously couldn't play any of the game content that way.

So I guess levitation being available in Skyrim would only be feasible if the cities are not walled. That being said, I definitely vote for it to be included if it can be, along with Mark/Recall. Used those a lot for a quick trip to the talking mudcrab merchant.
Danel

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:40 am

All of them! (even though I don't know what some of them are :P, sound?) The more the better, I really want levitation and mark & recall.

Just looked up sound, wouldn't it be rather useless since there is not succesful chance factor anymore? Maybe know you can cast it towards a wall or something and NPC's will go to investigate, while you sneak behind or stab them in the back.
ShOrty

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Mark/Recall and levitation.

For some reason, in a mountainous region, i'd think that levitation/slowfall, etc. might be a good thing ;)
Taylah Illies

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:49 am

Mark/Recall

Levitation and Slowfall (I always group these cuz they can both get you out of a jam if you fall of a cliff)

Detect Key, seriously, how else am I supposed to know there's a key under a bowl in the cupboard in the basemant to open a chest in the attic?
Unstoppable Judge

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Levitation, Because i wish to be Superman
Pumpkin

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

the more spells the better!!
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

'Poison damage' never made much sense to me. Fire is friggin fire, could be interpreted like 'raising temperature', frost can be interpreted like 'lowering the temperature', shock is the coolest IMO (think Star Wars and Darth Sidious). Then you have 'Damage Health', which sounds like 'killing with pure magic', cool enough and avoids pesky elemental resistances. But what would poison damage be? Creation of universally toxic substances out of nothing to hurl them at your foes? Sounds more like Conjuration and evil Restoration than Destruction.
And I know its fantasy magic, which means anything is possible, but at least the other elemental effects sound a bit like manipulating physics with magic rather than making throwable stuff appear.

What about the summoned wolves and bears from Bloodmoon? And probably a few more 'natural' summon effects more, like Spriggans or wisps, to suit a shaman type of character.
Sophie Miller

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:18 am

I voted all of them but I especially want to see levitation make an official return along with lock. I found these spells to be extremely useful and rewarding to me and my playstyle in Morrowind and missed them in Oblivion.
Emily Rose

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:09 am

Voted for all of them. I hate when developers limit variety from one game to the next.
sarah

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 am

I say bring them all back, but I want to at least see mark, recall and levitation return.
Rachell Katherine

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:04 am

Mark/Recall would be cool, but with Fast Travel it won't be needed as much.
Levitation, Jump and Slowfall would be fun but they would have to change the zoning system they had in the world of Oblivion, which might be a strain on the hardware. I don't know much about how it works maybe I'm wrong.

Overall, I want the variety Morrowind had and not the simplicity Oblivion offered. Maybe some cool new spells that have different uses?
Lori Joe

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 am

All of them.

Hear hear! Especially mark/recall, poison (I want to make another Nurgle character :chaos: ), intervention spells, jump, levitate, slowfall (we're going to be on mountains!).
Nick Tyler

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:22 pm

I voted for all, never really play as a mage but I love games with depth. To make intervention a limited spell they could introduce cool-down times, I hate to bring a very MMO feature to TES but if you could only cast it every real live hour or something. Or make it like a Greater Power and can only use it once per day.
Yama Pi

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:14 pm

...why?
SaVino GοΜ

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 am

I voted for all, never really play as a mage but I love games with depth. To make intervention a limited spell they could introduce cool-down times, I hate to bring a very MMO feature to TES but if you could only cast it every real live hour or something. Or make it like a Greater Power and can only use it once per day.

Which spells from Morrowind would you want to see in Skyrim?

the spell is already in TES, they just did't include it in Oblivion, like all of these lovely spells.
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Intervention, Mark/Recall, Levitate and Lock.
Horse gal smithe

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:36 pm

I voted for everything! Seriously, more spells add diversity and more fun!
Solène We

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Blind coupled with AI could be a comedic experience. Trying to sneak past some bandits in a cave, so you blind one and go to a hiding spot. Then they start attacking wildly all over the place trying to find whoever blinded them. One of their friends comes along and gets attacked by accident, then they go into a big chaotic brawl. It's a very good distraction for any thief.

Or, you're in an open area. You blind someone without anyone else seeing. They panic, go crazy, and eventually it wears off. Then they walk around to a nearby person and say "YOU! YOU DID THAT TO ME, DIDN'T YOU!?" and then people begin to get quite confused.

A poison spell would be very nice as well. Maybe even a subtle one where people cannot tell when it has been used on them.

And as for Levitate/Slowfall, I believe those were removed only due to limitations with Oblivion. Each city was in its own worldspace, and flying over the walls would be very poor for gameplay. Same goes for slowfalling off of a mountain to do the same thing. Hopefully all cities in Skyrim will be open.
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:49 pm

the spell is already in TES, they just did't include it in Oblivion, like all of these lovely spells.

I know that Intervention is in other TES but not Oblivion, I was just making a suggestion for those that think intervention can make the game a little to easy (not that the auto travel in oblivion made intervention pointless enough)
sam

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:16 am

Bring 'em all back, I say! You can't have too many spells, in my opinion.

I felt Oblivion was lacking in spells, there should have been more. Hopefully Skyrim addresses this.
-__^

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:47 am

Oh God, Mark/Recall and Intervention pleeeeeease! And Levitation! I miss them so much when I play Oblivion. (Then when I play Morrowind, I miss automatic Magicka refills and not collapsing when I run.) Poison is also fun, if only for green toxic puffs of smoke.
ONLY ME!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim