Papyrus Script Error. Don't know what's wrong !

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 am

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...Compiling "TIF__0200C3EA"...D:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\[/size][/color]TIF__0200C3EA.psc(14,0): missing EOF at 'Scriptname'No output generated for TIF__0200C3EA, compilation failed.Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.Failed on TIF__0200C3EA

I really don't know whats wrong. I tried to change the extends .... but its always this error , no matter what i change!
So here is my source
Scriptname TIF__0200C3EA extends TopicInfoBook Property DeedofOwnership  Auto Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actorgame.getplayer().additem(DeedofOwnership, 1)EndFunction

This works without errors but it also doesn't give me a book that i want , so what I did was posting this in the Papyrus fragment at the end. So the end-papyrus fragment. But there i had a compile error I tried it with only "game.getplayer().additem(DeedofOwnership, 1)" but that didn't work either. Any help ?
Heather M

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:21 am

I'm no expert, but usually after Auto that is the end of that line. Isn't function_fragment supposed to be above that?

Also I have no idea why you are defining akSpeakerRef as Actor? You don't need that code to add an item to the player.

Seems to me you need to define your item property up top, and make sure to auto fill it in the properties or nothing will work.

The way I would do it, is remove your fragment, then start over. Create a new fragment and let the game create the proper text for it. Then find an item giving script, copy it minus the heading part that is specific to each fragment, add your item property and item in place of the other one's and make sure you auto fill the property or you won't ever get the item, despite the script compiling ok.
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Well, the problem is I am not an expert , too. But I don't know where to look for a tutorial of how to add a item. I find something in some tutorials and try to gather the information. But I don't really know what to do at all.
If I want to get an item after I have spoken with an NPC how would that work ? I can't find a tutorial for that.
BTW: Auto is the end of my line , too.... It just didn't copy right or something
Rachel Tyson

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:45 am

Okay, it works now. I did it with Quest Stages instead
Lewis Morel

Return to V - Skyrim