patch 1.3.1 bug

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Since the "sneaky" patch 1.3.1 i have no dragons in my game except static ones (you know the ones you can find circling specific dragon places)... and those i dont get a dragon soul from after i kill them (although this could be a bug because i use soultrap weapons?).

Anyone else have this bug?

My game is vanilla and 10 hours of game play since 1.3.1 and just two dragons (static), before 1.3.1 i got randomly attacked by a dragon at least once every two hours.

Feels like only yesterday i got this game up and running after a month on hard crashes and CTD's... and now 1.3.1 and THIS!!!???
dell

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:17 am

The dragons still show up just like before. However, random encounters are just that, random. I have had sessions where I am inundated with random enemy spawns, and others where I see little to no random enemies, even dragons.

Fast Travel seems to trigger the appearances of dragons more often, so try that.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Fast traveling to dawnstar usually gets one for me every 2-3 times i travel to that town.
gandalf

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:00 am

I had this issue initially with my level 32 mage when patch 1.3 came out. I was getting random dragons regularly and then they stopped. Only way I'd get dragons would be to travel to the Thu'um/Dragon walls. At level 40 I decided to finally talk to Delphine and get the 'Attic' room. After the Kynesgrove Dragon... I'm getting Dragons again...

Don't know what did it... could have been because I hadn't really used my Thu'um in open areas from level 32 until 40, only in dungeons. So maybe there's a connection there as well, using your Thu'um in the open... don't know.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:47 am

For claritry...The following patches exist:

1.1.21.0 (2 versions of this one)
1.2.12.0 (this breaks dragons and resistances)
1.3.7.0 (this fixes dragons and resistance)
1.3.10.0 (this provides LAA functionality)

1.3.10.0 is the latest patch and is above 1.3.7.0.

There is no 1.3.1 patch.
gandalf

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

The dragons still show up just like before. However, random encounters are just that, random. I have had sessions where I am inundated with random enemy spawns, and others where I see little to no random enemies, even dragons.

Fast Travel seems to trigger the appearances of dragons more often, so try that.

Yes i have fast traveled alot since i knep it triggered dragons spawning.

Fast traveling to dawnstar usually gets one for me every 2-3 times i travel to that town.

Trind it multipel times.

I had this issue initially with my level 32 mage when patch 1.3 came out. I was getting random dragons regularly and then they stopped. Only way I'd get dragons would be to travel to the Thu'um/Dragon walls. At level 40 I decided to finally talk to Delphine and get the 'Attic' room. After the Kynesgrove Dragon... I'm getting Dragons again...

Don't know what did it... could have been because I hadn't really used my Thu'um in open areas from level 32 until 40, only in dungeons. So maybe there's a connection there as well, using your Thu'um in the open... don't know.

This is interesting since that is exactly where i am on the main story quest line. Will try it as soon as i am able?

For claritry...The following patches exist:

1.1.21.0 (2 versions of this one)
1.2.12.0 (this breaks dragons and resistances)
1.3.7.0 (this fixes dragons and resistance)
1.3.10.0 (this provides LAA functionality)

1.3.10.0 is the latest patch and is above 1.3.7.0.

There is no 1.3.1 patch.

Thank you for clarifying. Now YOU understand what i meant.
Je suis

Return to V - Skyrim