Pelagius Hip Bone

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 am

After the quest with Sheogorath and Pelagius, Pelagius' hip bone was suddenly in my inventory.
Since I didn't know if it can be of some sort of use to me, I stored it in a chest in my house haha
Does somebody know if it can be used for something?
CORY

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm

You're dealing with the prince of madness :P
kristy dunn

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:37 am

You're dealing with the prince of madness :tongue:
Yeaaah that could be it, maybe he slipped it in my pocket to freak me out haha the crazy basterd
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Get access to a Pelagius Wing in Blue Palace. Talk to some maid in the Blue Palace and she will give you the key to the wing. It's a daedric quest so if you're one of those goodies in gaming life, I suggest you don't go there.
Jason King

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:21 am

Get access to a Pelagius Wing in Blue Palace. Talk to some maid in the Blue Palace and she will give you the key to the wing. It's a daedric quest so if you're one of those goodies in gaming life, I suggest you don't go there.
Is that the quest inside pelagius' mind? Cause I did that already... You have to do something in his mind with the hip bone?
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:18 am

If he has the hip bone it means he's already done, "The Mind of Madness" quest and has already gotten access to the closed off wing.

I too recently realized I had the hip bone in my inventory, I just stuck it in a chest in Breezehome.
Dalley hussain

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:10 pm

It's a daedric quest so if you're one of those goodies in gaming life, I suggest you don't go there.
What's wrong with helping Sheogorath? :confused:

You note that the Pelvis was actually taken from the Howling Halls by the hero in Shivering Isles, only for his servant to give it to the Dovakiin 200 years later!
aisha jamil

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 pm

If he has the hip bone it means he's already done, "The Mind of Madness" quest and has already gotten access to the closed off wing.

I too recently realized I had the hip bone in my inventory, I just stuck it in a chest in Breezehome.

Really, it didn't stick in mine.
Trevi

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:41 pm

What's wrong with helping Sheogorath? :confused: You note that the Pelvis was actually taken from the Howling Halls by the hero in Shivering Isles, only for his servant to give it to the Dovakiin 200 years later!
Aaah so that's it than. I'll just sell it than, it's not really something i want to display in my house
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 am

I did exactly this. I have never found a use for it. Maybe if you go to the Hall of the Dead in Solitude you can find Pelagius' remains and add it to them. Might even get a reward for it. But I doubt that Bethesda put that much thought into it.
mollypop

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:27 am

I did exactly this. I have never found a use for it. Maybe if you go to the Hall of the Dead in Solitude you can find Pelagius' remains and add it to them. Might even get a reward for it. But I doubt that Bethesda put that much thought into it.
makes sense... If I ever get to Solitude again I'll try it
Avril Churchill

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:42 am

I ain't sure.. But i THINK you can meet Pelagius in Shor's hall when you go there.. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Ellie English

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Getting the hip bone was the start of the Sheogorath quest; you would have received it at the beginning, not at the end.
Eoh

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:48 pm

I got it from the crazy servant who gave me the quest.

Right now it's sitting on a shelf in the Dovahkiin museum Vlindrel Hall, with all my other souvenirs.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:11 am

You get the hip bone when you get the quest. It is not droppable until after you complete the quest, and then it is.
SUck MYdIck

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 am

You get the hip bone when you get the quest. It is not droppable until after you complete the quest, and then it is.

I've had that hip bone for like 200 hours in game. I'm playing a thief and I've been stealing and pickpocketing everything from everyone. I have no idea where I got it, but I have no recollection of having initiated a quest so I believe I pickpocketed it. I also have no quest in my journal indicating what I should do with this item. Which leads me to believe that you can get it without initiating the quest. Just like the alchemy equipment that one can steal. I can't drop it because its a quest item, but I still haven't found the quest giver!!!
Stefanny Cardona

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:12 am

I suppose it could be pickpocketed...

You wouldn't just find it though, because it's given to you by Sheogorath's servant (portrayed as a simple beggar in Solitude). It's not laying around somewhere to just be picked up.

Go into the Blue palace and see if you can get open the door to the Plagius wing. If you can, then you've done the quest, or at least started it. If not, you should be able to find someone that will give you a key... it's been a long time for me, so I'm not quite sure where she is. I was thinking in the Winking Skeever, or one of the stores near there, but I think someone else said she was in the Palace, so I could be wrong.

If you actually did pickpocket it, there may be no way to either do the quest, or get rid of the bone.

EDIT: By the way, the quest giver is a scrawny old beggar that wanders around soltiude, mostly around the side of town where the palace and Bard's college is. His name is Dervenin.
Lalla Vu

Return to V - Skyrim