*Please help* Vurts Ascadian Isles, Vurts Corals and Moons.

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:38 am

Hello everyone!

I would love to get some help, advice with modding my Morrowind. I am using MGSO 3.0. Really happy it was with all these different mods in bulk! Great installation guide made a huge difference for me.

But then I had few, how do you say it, "want it different" kind of things. One of which is making Morrowind landscape not to feel so empty. I mean only the regions which should be more lushy!

Vurts Mods:

So to the point, I installed Vurts Ascadian Isles I, with fairy tale like glowing mushrooms. I love them. Glow is nice, mesh detail is nice, other trees density is just right to make landscape feel alive. Too bad Willow Trees from Vurts Ascadian Isles II are gone.

But... this mod had little, as almost none, installation guide. So I just threw all files where they should be.

Although I did not want this mod new ground textures and new harvest-able plants meshes! I liked the ones in MGSO 3.0. I just did not know which one of the files are these and if I can remove them. Vurts harvest-able plants meshes are a little to bulky and bright for my liking. I can see that gold glowing flower up to the horizon! Even mistook that with an Elemental Daedra... Here is the first question.

:confused: Can I, and how, to remove Vurts Ascadian Isles new ground textures and new harvest-able plants?

Also in this mod, there are falling leaves and falling spores. I don't mind them falling or not, but they fall in a ray! Looks kinda strange, too clustered.

:confused: Is that intended or did I do something wrong?

Same mod. It seems it has two variations. One with glowing tall mushrooms and one with red mushrooms. In rar file everything was in one I think. As I just put all the files in... It ended with the glowing version in the game, which I like, but I am a little worried if that isn't going to mess something.

:confused: ?How do you separate glowing version from red version? Is red even there?

I love Vurts ground cover! It has more varieties of plants from the one in MGSO 3.0. Fun to look at.

Remembered it from my first try at mod installation without MGSO 3.0. Was so hard for me back then!

This mod has sadly unfinished, but really great, coral plants option. I know they should be somewhere near Seyda Neen, but after I generated distant land they are nowhere to be found.

:confused: Is there any problem using it with MGSO 3.0 or did I do something wrong?

MGSO 3.0?

Last thing I have problem with right now are the Moons in MGSO 3.0. They do show, they are good texture... but I feel they are too high in the sky! In like... I need to look in strait line up, they are over my head. Sometimes they are even not there and I can't find them at all in my star filled sky. Should't they be more to the horizon? Maybe move more? I would like to see them lower, make a nice screen shot of the night... but as they are sooo sooo up...

:confused: Are my moons broken? How to fix them?

I am sorry for putting so many questions in one post. Should I maybe spread them more? I did search the web looking for a fix to this for a couple hours spread in two days. I even read comments in modding videos on you tube hoping someone mentions it. Searching about moons is the hardest. When I try all which pop up is Moonsugar threads! Like really? xD

I would really appreciate some help!

Tom

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:10 am

You can, but the problem will be to restore those from MGSO. Finding out which files are overwritten by Vurt's Ascadian Isles is easy, restoring those from MGSO is not, unless you have a backup of them. I don't have an MGSO install at hand, so I cannot really help you with this.

It's not indended but normal - an engine limitation, I guess. Sometimes it seems to work better, if I remember correctly.

I am not completely sure what you mean... Vurt made two Ascadian Isles mods, one with new, glowing mushrooms and one that only replaces trees. There are older versions of the first one, though, which have textures for the original mushrooms. Not sure how well they mix, though.

I don't know if you did something wrong, but I remember them being in different places, not just Seyda Neen. If other grass works for you, though, I don't know what the problem might be. Between Vivec, Temple and Ebonheart for example there should definely be some.

MGSO only changes the moon textures, not the way they move. As far as I know, no mod can to that. There is probably nothing you can do about that except waiting for times when they are in a position you like for your screenshots.

Albert Wesker

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:49 am

Oh thank you! Than was a really fast reply!

I do have a backup of everything! Vanilla backup and MGSO finished all upgrade backup. But MGSO has something to do with it? I mean, I do not mess with MGSO folder directly, just get the same files which was in mod rar from my MGSO install Data Files folder right? The ones I do not like, three flowers I think. Meshes and textures...

*EDIT* I got my flowers back! Happy! :dance:

I see, thank you! So... if, just if I delete vurt_leaf_xxx file will they disappear without errors?

Yes, he made just two. But if you look at his screenshots on nexus mods, the first mod seems to have 2 variations. It is not mentioned anywhere in text, just the pictures. Glowing mushrooms and red mushrooms.

Yes, grass worked just fine. Could not find any corals though. I will try again.

*EDIT* Checked again. No pretty corals. I found some kelp which is partially under and partially above water. But it is probably not from ground cover mod.

Good to know no mod does that. Wonder why they are like that. Moons above my head at 4 am. Does it move depending on a season? My save is already 180+ in game days.

Again thank you for a reply! :hugs:

Bonnie Clyde

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:15 am

You generated distant land with the corals plugin active?

The red ones are from older versions (up to 2.1) of the mod. You can still download them.

Ownie Zuliana

Return to III - Morrowind