Please help me with Animation bug.

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 am

Ok, so hello TESIV community. Im new here so hopefully I'm not posting this in the wrong section.

Anyways, I need some help with the "A-bomb" bug. I should tell you, IM PLAYING THIS ON XBOX 360.

I've reached about 340hours and I've noticed the animations to spells (light and dispell) get frozen onto my character. I did a lot of research and I'm hoping to get some help here.

Could somebody tell me where the 8byte string this information is found when looking at a save through a hex editor? Idk where or what type of data to look at. I also need to know just which byte exactly needs to be changed and to what value?

OR....

Could someone take my save and convert it to a PC .ess file, run an animation repair on it, and recovert back to an Xbox save. (I see a lot of people say "Not possible," but It is possible because my friend did it to this very save to get me Imperial palace armor as an in-game armor.

Thank you for reading and you are a God send if you are willing to help me out here!
Lillian Cawfield

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 am

There is really no solution to the A bomb on console, if, however you are lucky with your proposed fixes, I will be all ears. Good luck with that. :)
Have you first tried clearing the cache?
With console off, power up and hold down the A button until the "Start" option comes up.
You will be laggy for a few minutes as the game reloads back into cache, but then it will subside. I speed the reload process by quickly scrolling through all my character's menus.
Have you tried loading the game onto the hard drive of your console? The game runs dramatically smoother and quieter when doing this. Might help with lag issues, I know it did for me.

I've made about 12 and counting serious characters, whom I've played through level 40 and up. I've only experienced the A bomb on one of them. Also, if you do a lot of duping and glitching, your chances of getting the A bomb are increased. I haven't experienced the A bomb on characters I've created when Oblivion was installed on my console's hard drive. Some of my characters are into the 400 and 500 hour areas.

Hope this helps.
мistrєss

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 am

Modding XBoxes, Hex editing and altering save data is not a topic for discussion on these forums.
abi

Return to IV - Oblivion