A possible story for D4

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:04 am

Intro

As St. John pilot's his Pyro GL towards earth something terrible had happened, As he went through the atmosphere he saw no people walking around , nothing but pure emptiness.

He flew to his home base and landed the Pyro-GL and taxied to his hanger. He got out of the cockpit thereby filling in the Flight Form on his knee-pad, then he went to the briefing room there was nobody to be around, St. John was wondering where was everybody and why are there any soldiers as guards as Pyro techs around at the base?

After having a strange feeling at his empty home base, St.John drives home to his house, opens the front door and his entire family wasn't home, as he looks around in shock, he saw that his house has been searched as that his family has been taken hostage by the looks of the scratches on the walls as the debris spreaded all over the place.

He stalks ahead out the back door to the backyard balcony, armed with his Laser Pistol, there he spots a white letter laying on his balcony table, reading the the following:

"So St.John, I see that you have murdered my brother Samuel and now though shall be paid for, your family, heh well I have kept them in custody, for now ...
Where that location is? That is for you to find out...
Somewhere you used to go in your old days, the war ain't over yet Material Defender MiL1032, it has only begun

Doile Dravis."

Intro Part 2

After reading this shocking letter, St.John walks through his Garden wonder what to do next, he then goes back to the main base to his quarters and starts out a plan to find out some answers.
After making a plan to try and find out how this all happened he goes to his Pyro-GL and enter's it's Nav-Computer, in there he finds something odd, something that he didn't realize after he finished his last mission...

There seem to be a distortion at where the main PTMC base was destroyed, about 7 clicks from that point. So St.John refuels his Pyro GL and rearms it and goes to the destination.

Just after takeoff he also detects something strange on his radar, he goes to the place of disturbance and finds out that his family's transport seems to be deserted as heavily damaged. St.John puts his Pyro-GL into hover mode, and scans the area for unwanted guests as bogie's.

He gets an instant message from his Guide bot named Owen, telling St.John that there's a heat source coming from the crash site and that there maybe a survivor, so St.John releases Owen and Owen is gonna search the crash site which is about 70KM West from the main base, and Owen does find a survivor and messages St.John to land immediately.

Mission 01

As St.John takes his Pyro GL out of Hover mode and land about 20 meters from the crash site, he exits his cockpit and walks towards Owen and he finds that his pet dog is inside left alone from the others.

His pet dog named Jackie did look confused but lightly injured, St/John freed his dog from the wreckage by cutting open the rear door of the vehicle, he put his dog in the Pyro-GL for the safety of things and puts Jackie up in there, after that he orders Owen to get back into his Pyro-GL. Owen enters the Pyro-GL's guidebot-bay and then they set off to find more answers, just 500 meters west of the site there's an abandoned mine, they fly in and look around the place, this is where St.John's first mission shall begin.

Cut Scene

After rescuing his family He sent in help from The Executor for a shuttle to flee his family to a safe haven.
And now St.John pilots his Pyro GL back to the main base refuels & rearms and does some modifications to his aging Pyro GL and it becomes the Vengeance, a much advanced variant of the Pyro GL.

The Vengeance will also have a room for his dog Jackie so that St.John won't be alone when he goes down the mines again like before. After a few weeks of modding his Pyro-GL he set's off to the destination where the main base of the PTMC once was and look for further answers there.

Once set towards that destination he detects some odd activities on his radar, he goes to the point of disturbance and is willing to find out what is going on.
He Pilots the Vengeance to the disturbance area, a n old mine shaft which is located on the south western side on some kind of asteroid.
Over here he may find some more answers to this Doile Dravis.

Mission 02

While St. John enters the old mine he has t find a way to power up the main frame computer of this old installation, hereby he may find some more detail on how this mess all began even before the First Strike campaigns.
Before he is willing to get the power on there may be some threats in this area where St.Jon may have some old memories of.

Cut Scene

After enabling the power of the mainframe computer of the old installation, he found out that are more abandoned mines that may house more info to the whereabouts of Doile Dravis' main security base.What St.John did find is a link to the secret weapons facility of Samuel Dravis, some place where Samuel had his so called emergency reinforcements team housed.
So St. John Downloaded the coordinates and put them in his nav-computer, after that he took off with the Vengeance and headed towards that destination to find more answers there.

Mission 03

As The Vengeance exits Hyperspace, St.John pilots his craft towards Venus where one of the abandoned mines are located, just 67 KM south of his planetary entry of Venus he found the Mine he was looking for, , so he flies in makes a dark deep descent into the abyss below and something interesting is found a cell with 5 hostages just barely hanging on to life.
He blasts the door of the hostage chamber and beams them up to the The Executor from the C.E.D. and there they will be treated by the medics on board The Executor.
Deeper down in the mine St.John find an old terminal, he flies towards it, releases Owen to check it out, there seem to be an operational reactor, that must be destroyed so nothing can ever get out of this mine that should remain inside.

Cut Scene

As St/John blows up the old reactor he pushes the after burners and blasts his way out of this old mine with a massive explosion right behind him.
St. John enters the atmosphere of Venus and heads towards the second of the 3 mines on Venus which he must explore.

Mission 04

Finally after flying around for about 30 minutes he detects the second mine he was looking for, he flies in and gathers as much info he can of the location, there seem to be some old robots he even encountered in First Strike & Counter Strike, though there were traces of some unknown as new deadly robots which seemed to have been experiments lead by Samuel Dravis , which were even created before the Retribution Mission, he flies to the main computer and downloads the files of more information about other old mines as new ones on other systems, after this he blows up the reactor and exits, leaving nothing of it behind him.

Cut Scene

After flying with a speed of Mach 6 out of that second mine St.John heads towards the third mine , this mine is one of a total different sort and many dangers seem to lurk deep down below.

Mission 05

St.John looks at his dog Jackie and asks him; dangers in here right? heh what dangers... , Jackie lays down in desperate hope that St.John will make it out alive, as Jackie has a bad sense of it all. So with the Vengeance with full shields up at 250% he flies in to the entrance of this third large but strange mine, some memories seem to have faded his mind about this odd one.
As the Vengeance dives down deep he comes across many new species of robots, even types he never wished to have come across, also one large one, with menacing weapons as it's AI seemed to sometimes out smart other pilots that have been here, as St/John found many remains of Black Pyro GX's & GL's even a few Magnum AHT pilots died there as he saw their ship remains scattered around the place..

Cut Scene

As St.John throws a few Mega's at this type of Boss robot it starts to fall apart ending with a massive chain reacted explosion , St.John Pilots his Vengeance out of this mine as fast as he could and just in time he got out leaving a massive blast behind him, he enters subspace and studies the info he found in Mines 1 and 2 from Venus and he seems to have located a place where Samuel & Doil Dravis used to go to, some type of safe haven for the Dravis members, So St.John Hyper's to that location and seeks out what there is to find.

Mission 06

After exiting hyperspace to the Moon base St.John Makes his long descent into a mine he has been before or which looked very similar to the one he was during the Retribution operation, he comes across some important information that this was the mine he first partially destroyed in the First Strike operation, it was also the first mine he visited back then and now he had to find an old mainframe computer to regain some lost info to where Dravis other strongholds maybe kept after this the mine must be destroyed by blowing up a second main reactor, just to leave no more trails for some other unwanted guests.

Cut Scene

After boosting the afterburner St.John rockets his Vengeance out of this old deserted mine and pilots his craft towards a second old mine located in the area, a non visited mine which also looked rather new, so new dangers may lay ahead.

Mission 07

As the Vengeance dives into this new mining zone, St.John finds Hostage chamber which some type of old data pad which was hanging on the wall, he downloaded the info describing him that there are some new species of robots which he never heard of in this new mine, these seem to have some very destructive
acid bolt rifle's which easily burn away shields if hit often on the same spot, mission is to destroy every infected robot in sight and blow up the mine and move on to the next way point as collect the new weapon if possible, it's in somewhere in a secret area.

Cut Scene

After confronting the new species of Acid Destroyer bots St.John also managed to collect the ultra beam cannon an idea weapon for destroying heavily crowded ares with a few powerful blasts, on dis advantage is that the weapon drained 40 energy cells after each shot and was kinda unstable like the Fusion Cannon but about 10% more powerful on impact on the impact hit area was about 15% smaller.
After exiting the mine with massive explosions behind his ship he flies towards the final mine on the mission a place which also was new to him

Mission 08

The mission for this last mine on the Earth's moon was to find a new type of Missile launcher as to test it on some Acid Destroyer Bots combines with the Ultra Beam Cannon, thereby firing it on the missiles just before target impact
This mine also has 5 hostages in three different area's 3 of these hostages are Scientists of the C.E.D. these must be rescued, though the enemy threat of something big may eb in the area, something no other pilot had survived.

Cut Scene

After menacing with the new Mercury MK II Missiles & the Ultra Beam Cannon the combination of these two were very effective against the menacing Acid Destruction Bots as the big Mega bot down below after 4 shots with the Ultra Beam combining the usage of 4 Mercury MK II missiles the Mega bot started to blow St.John had 23 seconds to get out of the place the Moon's mine blast was that large there were emails sent to St.John's nav computer that the blast could be seen on earth only asking what went on, St.John had to think of something he mailed them back with a Major Meteorite impacted the Moon leaving a massive explosion..
After leaving the Moon's massive after blast of that massive Mega Bot's reactor St.John received a message from the C.E.D. Executor Capital ship that he must head for Neptune, there seems to have been some strange activity going on, so he accepts this mission and heads towards that destination, Just after HyperSpace he flies towards Neptune Atmosphere and descends to the planets ground levels below.

Mission 09

To retrieve as much technical data possible from teh 5 mainframe computers and to wipe out all hostiles in the area, new unknown robots may be around and it's vital to loose any of the 12 hostages in the mine, there seems also to be some area with a new type of shield regenerator it only needs to be activated, this is for St.John to find out, after completing all the main and secondary objectives, St/John must destroy the mines main reactor and scramble out to the next way point in the Neptune System

Cut Scene

As the Vengeance beamed the hostages to the C.E.D. Executor and blasts out of the mine with the retrieved missing data, St.John anolyzes it and is immediately directed to the next mine which is about 128 KM west of his position. He pilots towards it and descends in to this massive mine which is filled with methane lakes and hot boiling lava rivers.

Mission 10

After descending in to this massive mine he has to find some hostages who also seem to have some more information about Doile Dravis' whereabouts. his main object is to rescue these hostages and safely beam them to the Executor and examine the information about Doild Dravis whereabouts, as confront some new Drainage Bots, the seem to not only drain energy but also shield energy, these are the high risk bots in the mine, there will also be a particle cannon available in this mine with some Mega MK II Missiles. after collecting these items it is wise to destroy the main reactor and follow the proceeding information for the next mission.

Cut Scene

After reading the lost info St.John has found a location of Doile's whereabouts! He flies to the destination and enters a landed Destroyer of the PTMC, something massive will be awaiting him.

Mission 11

Once after he enters this old Destroyer he has to find documents of robots that were in testing even after the events of Retribution, he also has to confront Doile Dravis for the first time, just to damage him to a certain point, thereby describing him that Doile Dravis is messing with the wrong people and also try to get info from him of his main stronghold. Once this has been completed St.John must capture the Destroyer for further anolise's

Cut Scene

After defeating Doile Dravis to a point where he escaped and entered hyperspace to an unknown destination St/John was able to capture the Destroyer as he contacted the Executor to it's where abouts, this ship had many details Doile Dravis' army was larger than anyone though as hoped it would be, the war ain't over yet, it just got worse to a certain degree.
St.John was sent to Pluto for some new missions as in that exile planet there seem to some massive robot construction pants that needed to be destroyed.
After exiting Hyperspace St.John heads towards Pluto's surface to find more answers there.

Mission 12

Once on Pluto St.John must do a aerial search for an old station where some allies of the C.E.D. are there seem to be some places where he could gain some extra knowledge for finding the main target, Doile Dravis' robot facility as his main stronghold, if that is on Pluto that is for St.John to find out, no blowing up mines this time.

Cut Scene
After searching the green rocky landscapes of Pluto St.John found an old fuel depot, he lands his Vengeance and walks into the depot to find more answers, Once inside he discovers that there are C.E.D. employees scattered all over the placed they seemed to have been menaced by Doile's latest experiments, they seemed to have been used as bait for them or as test rabbits in some kind of sarcastic way body parts all over the place as the smell was horrid too horrid to describe. in the main Office St.John found a letter from the man that was the manager of this facility, it was hard to read so he took it back to the Vengeance for further examination.

Mission 13
After Examinating the coordinates to the 2 major mines on Pluto and 2 other places which weren't mines but old Space Stations., he flew towards the first of the 4 mines many new threats lay ahead, The mission is to collect valuable information of the new alien virus and how it came to it's place as from who, after rescuing the 4 hostages beam them up back to the C.E.D. Executor. Destroy all the remains of the mine blow up the reactor and get out.

Cut Scene
As the mine explodes St.John Pushes the Afterburners and Jackie his dog looks back at the massive explosions which trail The Vengeance's tracks as it blasts out of the Mine.
As St.John Pilots the Vengeance to one of the lost Space Stations he detects some strange life forms within those thick walls.

Mission 14
What St.John must do is find who these life forms are and what is keeping them here, also find more info on the whereabouts of Doile Dravis, once these objectives have been succeeded, call in a Marines team from the C.E.D. Executor to capture facility, once the Facility has been captured follow on to the next mission.

Cut Scene
As The Facility has been captured and after finding out that the life forms were some Scientists from the Refuel Depot being held captive as test rabbits for Doile Dravis' new Venger Droids, these droids have massive grip claws with sacherated teeth, these droids had menacing gripping power that could slice a human head of like if it were slicing through butter.. as some heads were spreaded around the place the survivors were releaved to have been rescued from this menace.
After this St.John was advised to go to the next Space Station which had a Cargo facility which may hold more of these droids which must be destroyed before they will be used.

Mission 15
One arriving to this Cargo facility, St.John must destroy all remains of the Venger Droid construction yard as the the Venger Droids them selves from here, call in a Marines team from the C.E.D. Executor to capture facility for further examination, once the Facility has been captured follow on to the next mission.

Cut Scene
As the Cargo Facility has been secured St.John gets orders to fly to one last mine in the area, over there larger challenges await him.

Mission 16
Once Have found the second mine of this planet, St.John must find a new type of super weapon and a new type of particle weapon, the names of these weapons is unknown though they may come in handy for proceeding missions. Once collected the new weapons, destroy everything that the mine has, fuse it's reactor and get out asap!

Cut Scene
As The Mine explodes within all it's glory, St.John Flies to outer space and types in the new coordinates to Saturn, over there , he will have many new missions awaiting him.
Once entering Hyper Space, he looks at his dog Jackie and wonders, man we have survived so much hell I suppose we can take this one too right Jackie? Jackie looks up and barks twice meaning a yes sir! St.John says yeah I suppose so, Once reaching the right place St.John Pulls the Vengeance out of Hyper Space and heads towards Jupiter, here more answers will remain to be answered since he found a massive disturbance in the area, he descends to the planet surface and is willing to find out, what the heck is going on.

Mission 17
Once arriving to the Planet's surface, St.John Enters this old Relay station and here he must seek new dangers, the Black Orb Cannon a new super weapon and the Bright Spark his new particle cannon he found in that last mine on Pluto will come in great handy over here. the Venger Droids seem to have been wide spreaded in this place they must all be destroyed including the main droid facility which is building much more menacing variants of all the robots as droids St.John came across with his previous missions.
Once these targets have been taken care of St.John must proceed to the next mission.

Cut Scene
The Old Relay station had the coordinates of an old star ship crash site here were some remains of Doile Dravis's new designs, St.John flew to this destination and found out that Doile Dravis himself wasn't far from here, he also came across some mercenary forces, these flew old Pyro=GX & Magnum AHT ships they weren't such a problem but in some cases were irritating, and more of these lost merc's could be awaited up ahead.

Mission 18
Once arriving at the crash site, St.John must take care of the Mercenary pests and find out who their leader is, after this call in a Marines Squad and capture this old star ship which is called the "R.M.S. Titannikaria" once the "R.M.S. Titannikaria" has been captured go in to the cave which is located 20 KM west of the area.

Cut Scene
Once flying into this cave there seem to have been about 400 hostages located in the area, most hostages were located in massive cave rooms...

Mission 19
Here St.John must call in help to get these lads to safety and let them be questioned for more info of D.Dravis' locations as plans, It seemed that these were mostly part of the passengers and the missing crew of the "R.M.S. Titannikaria". St/.John must also find out if there are any more dangers as secrets held in this ancient Cave.

Cut Scene
Once the C.E.D. Discovery arrived a small recovery ship from the C.E.D.'s Executor, it landed in the cave's main chamber where St.John's Vengeance also was guarding the passengers & crew of the "R.M.S. Titannikaria" until support arrived.
Once this all was succeeded something big was heading towards us from the Cave's abyss..

Mission 20
Defeat this Mega Ship Killer Bot with all your might, the Black Orb Cannon can be of great use here... Just be precious with your energy, once this monster has been defeated return to the C.E.D. Discovery for further missions.

Cut Scene
After giving the Mega Ship Killer Bot the final blow with the powerful Black Orb Cannon it implodes and falls apart. St.John leaves the cave and heads out to the C.E.D. Discovery, once arrived, he has found Doile's Main base which is located on Mars, only there are 3 other targets located between Earth and Mars, which he must take care of first before entering Doile Dravis Stronghold on Mars. So From here abroad the C.E.D. Discovery they hyperspace towards Earth to the C.E.D. Executor and dock abroad it from there St.John pilots his Vengeance towards Earth, to a new built mine where more answers seem to be at.

Mission 21
In this Mission St.John must find a new type of ballistic missile launcher and a new type of plasma cannon, he must use these weapons against the new Pulverizer Bots which lurk in this mine as the ones that lay up ahead. Once everything has been succeeded, St.John must destroy this mine and leave it unreachable for any other visitor that is willing to get in.

Cut Scene
After collecting the new weapons in that mine they were added to St.John's menacing asernal with pride :mrgreen: The Black Shark MKII was the new type of Ballistic Missile which could make an implosion and pulling all the enemies towards it's core then creative a massive explosion which is about 50% larger than the Black Shark MK1, the advantage of the Black Shark II is that it is a Homing Missile like the Mega Missile MK1 & MK2 are.. this makes it even more lethal.
The new Plasma Cannon collected is called the Orb Pulse Cannon it's fires rapid blue plasma like orbs towards it's target with a devastating effect, as it rips the enemy apart.
As St.John pics these new weapons with his entire layout he proceeds to the next mission on Earth as also the last one, its one of Doile Dravis' new robot facilities which lays 687 KM south of the location where he is now, near the Antarctic Mountains.

Mission 22
Here St.John must destroy everything within this facility which is a hostile target, he must also disinfect the virus so that the computers can be used to reanolyze further information about the benefits of these robots if there were not infected by the virus.

Cut Scene
Once destroying all the hostiles in the area as making the computers Virus Free the robots were made to reflect incoming asteroids which could harm the earth, thereby limiting human lives. From here St.John Hyper's out to Mars where his two last missions remain.
Once arriving at Mars, St.John Descends down to the surface where he comes across some type of mercenary base heh this kinda rang a bell didn't it ;)

Mission 23
Go to the Mercenary Base Destroy all the remaining forces, face their boss disable him and ask him out!!!

Cut Scene
After disabling the mega boss of the Mercenary clan St.John questioned him for Doile Dravis main location which is located about 480KM North west of this location.. one large deep mine just before St.John wanted to leave the pilot of this mega boss wanted to pull the trigger, Jackie jumps in front of St.john and get's hit by saving St.John..though St.John yell noooo!! And get's to Owen the Guide bot with the First Aid kit and heals up Jackie just in time, and hereby St.John lays Jackie in his sleeping bay within the Vengeance, from here he heads towards Doile Dravis Main Stronghold one which is about 4 times ths size of the one his brother Samuel Dravis had...

Mission 24
Mission for this one well is to rescue all hostages as call in the C.E.D. DIscovery recovery ship when needed for extra support.
Destroy all the manufacturing plants as destroy all the remaining robots and face Doile Dravis himself here by leaving nothing of his forces as himself around, mission result must be no hostile survivors after this get the hell out!

Cut Scene
After taking out Doile Dravis the madman who piloted Monsteroid Droid it crashed to the abyss within it a scream of arrgghhh this can not beee! than a massive boom of destruction tore the entire thing appart as it fell in to the abyss thereby killing Doile himelf which was within the Monsteroid Droid's cockpit it's self. After this the entire Stronghold began to fall appart So St'John got the hell out as headed towards the surface of Mars.

End Scene
As St.John flew towards the surface of Mars, he saw one massive ball of light an explosion so large he has never witnessed in his entire Pyro Jockey life before! The shock wave was so intense St.John saw it crawl over the planet's entire surface as he felt it also as he was entering space, the ball of light grew and grew, here by St.John had a message from his guide bot Owen" Time to Hyper Out St.John before we get svcked into it" St.John replied I think you are right' let's get this bucket with wings moving! So as he entered the coordinates for the C.E.D. Executor he Hyper'd out to that location once arriving at the Executor he docked in landing bay 14. he was welcomed by his family and the rest of the people he saved and this made St.John feel good on one side but still he had the idea he wasn't done yet since what about the remaining forces?

As a Story for D4 this is all my work and maybe ot could fit a true sequel for D3 :)
It took me 18 weeks to figure this out, so here's my part for a possible Descent IV: Invasion as the old name echo's in my mind.
Let me hear your requests about this :) Holder Of The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection:
Angela

Return to Othor Games