Fat people

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:04 am

Nor are there any old people with old bodies.

Mr. House was 261 years old when i killed him. I′d say his body was kind of aged.
Vicki Blondie

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:02 am

Sigh, meshes, meshes, meshes, and possible bugs.

The engine has two meshes for all human and ghouls, male and female these are the base rag dolls.

When you put armour on it over writes this base doll with the armour mesh changing height, bulk, detail and texture with minimal chance of bugs and even then with only two mesh types - Male and female.

To make fat people, thin people, tall, short, diseased, buff, beautiful and toned bodies would require a total of 18 for a base human / ghoul character and 18 for every unique peice of clothing.
Even if the engine could handle it, and the time was spent to update and implement it the bugs brought up and memory required for it would possibly be overwhelming for such a small pedantic thing to warrant it.

Yes it's something everyone would like to see, but I doubt you will for a long time, and not on this engine.

Yes Gabriel but in FO 1 and two most did not wear armour, they stuck to basic meshes to represent what they were meant to look like if real, not what they actually had on them.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Yes Gabriel but in FO 1 and two most did not wear armour, they stuck to basic meshes to represent what they were meant to look like if real, not what they actually had on them.

Look at what the latest version of the FO 2 restoration project did. It had this mod in it.
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/NPC_Armor_mod
:D
Karl harris

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Look at what the latest version of the FO 2 restoration project did. It had this mod in it.

Thanks :tops: for that when I reinstall the FO's on my new pc I'll get the mod, but note that was done 2008 for a very old engine using flat graphics.
I still doubt FO3's / NV's would be able to be done as good as that for many years if ever.

Edit, walking anims, NV has done a fantastic new set that still had bugs in it, how far do you think they could have got with even more meshes to adjust to.
lydia nekongo

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:17 am

Horse armor!
I mean dog armor!
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:41 pm

No time to watch tv and eat a bag of chips. Thats why.. :sadvaultboy: Running from deathclaws is all the rage now.
Emma

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 am

no food = no fat, while in the first generations after the bombs would have existed fat people they desapear naturaly generation after generation, but while exists rich people there should exist some fat important people, but all in all i dont think that a major problem, in the other hand, old people with 20 yo bodies is really really really stupid and very anoying to watch
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 pm

I'd like to offer a diffrent hypothesis.

All the fat people eventually turn to ghouls. Why?

Well most of the food is radioactive and by indulging too much without rad-away you could possibly self-radiate to the point of ghoulification. Ofcourse that becons the questions: Where have all the fat ghouls gone? Or why are the fat ghouls not boss-mobs in kitchens and supermarkets?

i think you mean, "Ofcourse that BACONS the question" :goodjob:
Tyrel

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:25 pm

There are none.
Nor are there any old people with old bodies.

Discuss.

Ever see 'Zombieland'? same principal - cardio cardio cardio

see, it's kinda hard for a fat person to run away from giant radscorpions, feral ghoul roamers - let along Deathclaws.
Natalie Taylor

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Well, I wasn't really thinking about seeing random prospectors that are overweight.
I was more in the ballpark of big-time Strip businessmen who don't really have to brave the wastelands like the rest of the population.

Shame about the engine not being able to handle it though :\
Hopefully Skyrim's new engine will have fat people :D
Riky Carrasco

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas