Playing game

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:28 pm

No, you have to have internet to be able to play the game period. No internet, no play. It is a bunch of bull [censored].

Hmm, this is why I prefer console...it's not as complicated. :ahhh:
Tarka

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:51 am

Hmm, this is why I prefer console...it's not as complicated. :ahhh:

I would have ask for the Xbox version if I would have known this.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:04 pm

No, you have to have internet to be able to play the game period. No internet, no play. It is a bunch of bull [censored].

If you want to connect to Steam Cloud, sure. You can always just disconnect your internet after updating. It'll give you a warning that you can't connect to Steam Cloud but you can still play the game itself. No real harm from what I've seen.

Edit: To be honest, Short-Term consequences lead to Long-Term benefits in this case. With the PC version, it may take you a while to download but after that, you're free to play the game, edit the G.E.C.K, install mods, etc.. Things that the consoles aren't able to do due to legal reasons. Try to be optimistic about this.
abi

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:33 am

If you want to connect to Steam Cloud, sure. You can always just disconnect your internet after updating. It'll give you a warning that you can't connect to Steam Cloud but you can still play the game itself. No real harm from what I've seen.

Edit: To be honest, Short-Term consequences lead to Long-Term benefits in this case. With the PC version, it may take you a while to download but after that, you're free to play the game, edit the G.E.C.K, install mods, etc.. Things that the consoles aren't able to do due to legal reasons. Try to be optimistic about this.

Well I'd love the PC version since I use steam anyways, but I just don't have the money to shell out for a new PC....er video card or processor... :sadvaultboy:
Tasha Clifford

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Well I'd love the PC version since I use steam anyways, but I just don't have the money to shell out for a new PC....er video card or processor... :sadvaultboy:

It can't be helped. You could always just buy it on Steam, since it is on sale right now, and install it whenever you have the video card / processor that you need to play it. I wouldn't say you would miss out on much in terms of mods, just the progressive stages of some of them. You'll probably have a better experience with mods in the future than I'm having in the present simply because of the difference in stage development.
Ella Loapaga

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Still waiting to play, still have over 5 hours of downloading. This is a crock of [censored].
Philip Rua

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:25 am

I just want to say that I bought a retail copy of new vegas and the default option was to install from the disk. If I remember correctly in order to download the game you had to cancel the disk installtion, then go to your steam games list and click install on new vegas. So either you did more things than you think you did or you are just not being completely honest, either way it is not steam's fault you didn't choose disk installation.
Trista Jim

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I just want to say that I bought a retail copy of new vegas and the default option was to install from the disk. If I remember correctly in order to download the game you had to cancel the disk installtion, then go to your steam games list and click install on new vegas. So either you did more things than you think you did or you are just not being completely honest, either way it is not steam's fault you didn't choose disk installation.

You may be right, but I am sure I followed the onscreen instructions to install the game from the disk. At this point, I will just let it download from Steam and go home and try to install it on my desktop and see if I did something wrong.
JESSE

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 pm

It would have been done late last night or early this morning if I would have disabled the lap top from going asleep.
Bambi

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Ok, with the crappy server they have, maybe my last post was wrong. I am still downloading. 4 hours ago it said I had 1 hr 58 min left. 4 hours later, I still have 1 hr 38 min left. What a [censored] crappy game.And that is just for the [censored] update.
Honey Suckle

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Then what the [censored] is on the [censored] DVD in the box?

prolly the downloader program to get the game ...
Rik Douglas

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas