Continue After Endgame

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:43 am

That isn't the problem really. There's nothing "badass" to fight in FNV as Fallout 3 had behemoths and stuff. It also had Enclave in pretty badass armor and stuff while here you don't have to fight BoS/NCR Veterans.

What about legendary deathclaw, alpha male deathclaw, deathclaw mother and many other deathclaws to back them up? All with damage threshold. Enclave armour in FO3 was not that good seeing as how I can kill them with a pistol. Behemoths are nothing but big bullet sponges.
Celestine Stardust

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 am

That isn't the problem really. There's nothing "badass" to fight in FNV as Fallout 3 had behemoths and stuff. It also had Enclave in pretty badass armor and stuff while here you don't have to fight BoS/NCR Veterans.

Disagree:
The three unique Deathclaws (Matriarch, Alpha Male, Legendary)
Legendary Nightstalker
Radscorpion Queen
Lanius
The Veteran Rangers/Centurions, depending on your side
Vault 34 Overseer

I could go on.
Eire Charlotta

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:28 pm

The reason Obsidian doesn't create a Broken Steel type DLC(anybody else get it that broken steel's initials are BS?), is because of one of a couple reasons.

1. They aren't confident enough. Reading the two people's explanations, it seems that they are torn between making the ending not svck and have the post-gameplay not reflect the ending much or having the ending svck and have the post-gameplay work. So it's one of two things. So either they aren't confident enough to create such a DLC or don't think they can without one of those two things happening.

2. They are making it but simply want the suspense and hype when they announce it. This, I personally doubt but it makes some business sense that they are. You say, "DEFINITIVE ENDING" and then a couple months later, maybe a year later, you say, "DLC ANNOUNCED. BUY IT!" Then I think everybody here would buy it in a heartbeat. I know I would easily cough up $20 to continue my story of the courier.

3. They can't. This is utter crap. I know it is but it just might be an option by a large margin. By this time, most everybody should know it's possible to make a post-main quest type thing. Just look at the mods that keep the story going. Now just throw in custom meshes, voice acting, change up each major location slightly, and add quests. It may take a while but it's possible. But maybe they're running out of money? That's doubtful but plausible.

So yeah, it's one of those three reasons. There's no reason such a good development company CAN'T make it. They just won't.
Sweets Sweets

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 am

So yeah, it's one of those three reasons. There's no reason such a good development company CAN'T make it. They just won't.

Having game play after the main quest ends will remove the endings were we learn what happens to everyone. If the Legion take over, everything will be under legion control and same with NCR. That would mean a lot of work remaking everything. Same if you and Yes Man take over or Mr.House. It would be like making a whole new game. Fallout should not be a sandbox. It can't be done without getting ride of the mutiple endings that are awesome.

Also Again whats so hard about loading a save before the end? Or paying attention to "the game will end if you keep going?"
Emma Copeland

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:39 am

Having game play after the main quest ends will remove the endings were we learn what happens to everyone. If the Legion take over, everything will be under legion control and same with NCR. That would mean a lot of work remaking everything. Same if you and Yes Man take over or Mr.House. It would be like making a whole new game. Fallout should not be a sandbox. It can't be done without getting ride of the mutiple endings that are awesome.

Also Again whats so hard about loading a save before the end? Or paying attention to "the game will end if you keep going?"

Yup, not to forget a crapload of new dialogues because you don,t want NPCs to still have generic information to say about each faction. Craploads of dialogue means more voice acting. And that costs a big chew in a budget. A budget a DLC couldn't afford.

Doing so would require, at most, an expansion pack. And a big one too.

I just completed the game for the second time, with a whole different playstyle. The endings are simply awesome. More so than Fallout 1, I'll admit..since you also learn what happens to your companions. :D

After having made the independant charismatic bastard and the pro-NCR old cowboy, time to make some melee-weapon happy pro Ceasar's Legion and see what happens in the Mojave. :foodndrink:
D LOpez

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:45 am

Oblivion and Fallout 3 continues after endgame because there aren so much impact in the endings
Poetic Vice

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Oblivion and Fallout 3 continues after endgame because there aren so much impact in the endings

For any Elder Scrolls game, there's no impact at all. Only NPCs telling you how grateful they are for your actions and, for Morrowind, a couple of important Main Quest characters talking more in detail about what happened and what's going to happen on the island. The Imperial City doesn't hire builders to repair damaged buildings and plant new trees, Kvatch burns in eternal flames while its survivors are camping below, saying how Kvatch will be rebuilt from its ruins. :P

Fallout 3, if I recall there are two ending choices that can reflect on the post-main quest.
lucile

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:19 am

Oh dear god, even more people complaining about bethesda. boo hoo hoo, too bad they revived the series eh?
An Lor

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:24 am

For any Elder Scrolls game, there's no impact at all. Only NPCs telling you how grateful they are for your actions and, for Morrowind, a couple of important Main Quest characters talking more in detail about what happened and what's going to happen on the island. The Imperial City doesn't hire builders to repair damaged buildings and plant new trees, Kvatch burns in eternal flames while its survivors are camping below, saying how Kvatch will be rebuilt from its ruins. :P

Fallout 3, if I recall there are two ending choices that can reflect on the post-main quest.

Kvatch was supossed to be constructed again, (by the player) but was removed in the Final release
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:15 am

Disagree:
The three unique Deathclaws (Matriarch, Alpha Male, Legendary)
Legendary Nightstalker
Radscorpion Queen
Lanius
The Veteran Rangers/Centurions, depending on your side
Vault 34 Overseer

I could go on.

Lanius is the only I would pick out of all of those. All the others are and were pretty lame lol, imo.
josh evans

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 am

Oh dear god, even more people complaining about bethesda. boo hoo hoo, too bad they revived the series eh?

Revived?, Bethesda was the high bidder in the auction, thats all,
Jose ordaz

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh dear god, another person thinking we're whining about bethesda remaking fallout, boo hoo hoo, read next time.

Anyways, If you guys want to play after ending, go play some other game.

THIS IS NEW VEGAS! *Kick*
Claire Jackson

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Even if it wont ever happen (which it most probably wont) the HUGE amount of FONV players who don't give 2 [censored] about the ending slides, compared to the possibility of post-game freeplay, should really carry more weight.
Weight in terms of future DLCs, but again, not likely to happen.
Sure it's a lot of work to ad on 4 different outcomes of the final battle in the Mojave Wasteland, but it's absolutely not insane to expect it being a reasonable expansion of the game, should they desire to make it.
Javaun Thompson

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas