Stuff in the teaser page

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

Website now is live with the trailer and full detail version of the mural to check out: http://www.elderscrolls.com/. This thread has been created because the trailer discussion thread has turned into a thread entirely based on the chanting within trailer and nothing else, and it seems there are people who wish to discuss the mural instead, I for one...
I honestly don't know why everyone is trying to 'translate' the background chanting, it sounds foreign, and after pages and pages of guessing, it seems clear we are going to need some more information to translate abstract voices in an epic piece of video game music...

That said, I've been enjoying reading comments about the mural, which if you guys haven't checked out is now up in high quality to check out on the elderscrolls.com website, along with the trailer.
Anyways, I was checking it out and I definetely think this is the best piece of information we have to go on. Thu'um (voice of power held by the ancient Nords) is definitely represented quite liberally, and the Numidium (or Dagoth Ur's construct) as well as the oblivion gate are quite clear. This leads me to believe that the mural represents mostly history at this point (though it could have once been almost all prophecy depending on how old it is), except for the last part where the Dovahkiin is represented.

Numidium and Oblivion symbol - Daggerfall and Morrowind had important roles for the Numidium and Akulakhan, so I imagine this piece represents those two games (or time in history) and the Oblivion symbol would therefore represent the opening of Oblivion in the last game. These events are clearly important in the prophecies within the elder scrolls as the voice even states 'after Oblivion opened.' These events while seemingly clearer than the rest of the mural are pushed to side of the Dovahkiin (they seem small and less important though they are clearer), so this leads me to believe they are important mostly for signifying what is to come, that the prophecy of dovahkiin will commence soon after. They are also connections to the gods, so I believe they could also reinforce my next ideas about the eternal battle between Lorkham and Akatosh...

Three Central Figures: There are three central figures in the mural and they intrigue me the most. So far I like the idea of that these characters could represent the ninth divine, who is Tiber Septim, but also said to be a representation of Lorkham who had been out of official religion until that point. Talos is also said to represent Wulfgarth, Tiber Septim, and Zurin Arctus or the Underking (so three figures as one, who were all connected to Lorkham, who is humanities hero usually). If you look carefully at the three figures you can see that they could easily be representations of Wulfgarth (the Nordic hero) on the left with his use of Thu'um, Tiber Septim in the center as the central figure (and he does look kinda like a godly Tiber Septim), and finally the Underking (or possibly Wulfgarth reborn who taught Tiber Septim Thu'um and who started the cult of Talos and got the ninth divine accepted, and thus Lorkham). All these characters seem to be fighting off the largest dragon of all, and as well all know, the central dragon is Akatosh. This would only seem to promote the idea that the three characters beneath him, fighting him, are Tiber Septim, Wulfgarth, and the Underking as they all also represent Talos who can also be said to represent Lorkham in the Nine divines. Since Lorkham has been in basically every creation myth as the main antagonist against Akatosh, everything fits quite nicely if you see the whole picture....or I think it does haha.

O and the date 11.11.11, which is a release could also allude to the number 11 which I know people have discussed already, and which further backs up Lorkham as the three figures and Akatosh as the dragon battling, as two of the same, or whatever the idea is behind it, endiomorphism or something.
Lauren Dale

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 pm

It's a relief sculpture, and we already talked that to death in the past few threads. :)

I figured the one with long hair was a woman, however. Maybe not, but that was my opinion on it.

I figured the man was a male using Thu'um, the other was a Female using Thu'um, and the bearded man at the bottom was a Greybeard telling of the prophecy.

However, those two wouldn't be the Dragonborn, so I'm assuming they're people who tried to defeat it (or brought it into existence)

They could be the two leaders of the civil war, that was my personal opinion on it. I thought the woman was the witch who overtook High Hrothgar, and the man could be someone else who led some sort of an opposing faction.
Ebony Lawson

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Don't you think you're kinda overanolyzing a teaser. I'm sure Bethesda will be releasing interviews, screenshots, and later gameplay videos of the game in the coming weeks. No need to go too in depth into the story yet.
gemma king

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:22 am

Don't you think you're kinda overanolyzing a teaser. I'm sure Bethesda will be releasing interviews, screenshots, and later gameplay videos of the game in the coming weeks. No need to go too in depth into the story yet.

But speculating can be fun!
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Of course we're over anolyzing it. It was announced like only 2 days ago, and we've all checked the forums like 500 times. Ridiculous? yeah. But don't ruin the fun of being a true fan!
ashleigh bryden

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim