Fallout 3: Boston

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:38 am

I think the biggest problem here Generalbeaner, is that you're getting too ahead of yourself. It's one thing to post a thread with no progress and ask for team members (of which I honestly don't see the big deal), but the thing is that you want to make a city.

From what Wikipedia tells me, Boston is even bigger than Washington D.C, and if I recall correctly Bethesda started making Fallout 3 (and therefore Washington) right after they finished Oblivion. That's about 2 and a half years of a team of at least a few dozen people, working 9-5, every weekday.

Us modders? We have jobs that don't involve making cities bigger than D.C. We can only mod in our spare time, and worst yet, we don't get paid.

If I were you, i'd start off small. Make a settlement in a new worldspace built around The Institute or something. Because otherwise, you'll never finish this. I mean, look at those folks at Tamriel Rebuilt and Silgrad Tower. Sure, they make progress, but it'll be a loooong time before they're done.
(on a side-note, would the guy who's making that Tsaesci model over at the Akavir mod place, please just release it as a modder's resource already!?)
lucile

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:50 am

Why is everyone badmouthing the TC so much? We don't want him to leave. Lucien, you're being overly argumentative.

And on topic, I'd love a Boston mod, grew up about 2 hours away from there. SOX RULE.

Total conversions have a history of failure in the elder scrolls modding community (and fallout 3 modding is an extension of that community) and big ideas without any initial work also have a history of failure.

My reccomendation is to start off with something more simplistic, like an island, in order to build a reputation for world-building. IF you don't have a reputation, you won't be able to get many modders to sign up.
BEl J

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 pm

OP, if you're going to post a proposal for a mod, you have to have the bona fides, or you're not going to persuade anybody to go in on it with you. Unless you have already produced a number of smaller mods, or at least been part of a team that produced a large and extensive mod, nobody has any good reason to believe you are going to succeed, and nobody will put forth effort on your behalf with no assurance that it will result in a completed mod.

The criticism you received was entirely constructive and to the point.

I'm going to close this thread for flaming now.
Ricky Meehan

Previous

Return to Fallout 3