Favorite Brotherhood of Steel faction

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:18 am

Didn't want to make a whole new thread just for this, but I have thought of a question:

How do the Brotherhood recruit new members? I mean, in Fallout 1, you only get "accepted" by them because they need you to do stuff for them. I get the impression in both Fallout 1 and 2, that they only grudgingly agree to have anything to do with you because you're useful to them. And even then, you're only ever more of an "honorary member" than an actual recruit. And it can be assumed that you're probably the most outstanding person in the Wastes - if they won't recruit you; I can't imagine they'd let anyone else in, either.

So that's what I'm wondering, then. They have to keep their numbers up somehow - so how does that work, exactly? (This is something where I've probably just not paid enough attention when I was playing through them, and didn't pick up on it...)

Do we even know, necessarily?
Gisela Amaya

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:44 am

Most people are just born into the Brotherhood, at least on the West Coast. It's a bit different in the Midwestern and Capital Wasteland factions.
SWagg KId

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Most people are just born into the Brotherhood, at least on the West Coast. It's a bit different in the Midwestern and Capital Wasteland factions.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was thinking, though I wasn't sure - seems like I might have come across some mention of something like that, but it's been awhile...
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I voted for all because I could

You have adopted my philosophy on polls like these.
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:16 am

After a while the West Coast BoS would probably have to begin to search for new people outside their walls anyway. By Fallout 2 we're told the BoS is a mere shadow of what it once was following the defeat of the Master. I'm sure plenty of them have been killed and a good portion being sent to other areas has also depleted their numbers.

Not to mention that after several 100 years of isolation with no fresh blood there would be much...inbreeding. Same thing with the Enclave. :blink:
Ash

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:39 am

I've played an unhealthy amount of the first two games and you can call me what you like, but technically I have enough hours in em to be an expert. That said I would say that I liked Tactics alot. And the Midwestern BOS are my favourite faction.
Thats right. Wardogs, Hairy Deathclaws, Reavers, Ghouls, A Robot and all manner of other odd-ball recruits. They became the real BOS for me, the West Coast faction were too similar to the Enclave in many ways. The Midwestern boys were the actual good-guy BOS.
There is no such thing as "Texas BOS". Fallout: BOS never happened. NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!
lacy lake

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 am

The Midwestern boys were the actual good-guy BOS.

Yeah, right, especially the Inquisition and labor camps...
Alisha Clarke

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:06 am

The Inquisition was propaganda. General Barnaky was no longer 'with' the BOS at that point. DO you really believe that he willingly became that twisted monstrousity, or even had something to do with his defeat by Gammorin's Army? That is HERESY...That would be like saying that the Master engineered his own death at the hands of the Lone Wanderer in order to seed the descent of the BOS decades later. Meanwhile Super Mutant armies were making their own Vats to dip people in and new armies like Gammorin's were destined to be commonplace.
As to those so called 'labor camps'. Everyone needs to pull their own weight...the BOS can't fight everybody all the time all by themselves.
Just try and 'talk 'em outta' this one...
just try...
:biglaugh:
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Definitely the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel. They aren't altruistic or selfless; they won't rescue a town or village without benefit on their end. However, when they do show up on the scene they make sure to get the job done correctly.
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:19 am

Cant vote since i only know two of the bos there, but I ceirtainly aren't willing to vote on Lyons at all ... Lyons is damn lame-ass if you dare ask me, letting do all his work out in the hand of one god - messiah - madhi - rambo - chuck norris like named the Lone Wanderer of Vault 101 who single handed defeated the destruction of a Enclave Airport ....

Let's hope that the BoS doesn't turn into Lyons disney land citadel ....

I must admit trough the East Coast Bos does seem to have more than inbreed amongst there members.
BrEezy Baby

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion