Devils

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Well, who's to say that Pelinal wanted to smash the heads of ONLY Ayleids?

Pelinal Whitestrake was the enemy of all elfkind that lived in Cyrod in those days. - Songs of Pelinal: Vol. 3

EDIT: In response to the whole "wasn't exactly able to distinguish between ayleids from other mer"
Jonathan Montero

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:32 pm

As for the entire robot theory, I believe that it may have been more of the case of Chimarvamidium, where his strange body-encompassing armor made others think he was a robot. As for the laser-arm, that probably was a spell (Being a crusader and all).

Others? The only others who think he was a robot is us, working from what's implied by the texts. Not only does the term not appear in the texts, where he's taken to be either a divinity or a man wearing a suit of armour on which he declined to comment, it would be absurd, since the Nedes didn't know what a robot looked like to make the comparison in the first place.
Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Others? The only others who think he was a robot is us, working from what's implied by the texts. Not only does the term not appear in the texts, where he's taken to be either a divinity or a man wearing a suit of armour on which he declined to comment, it would be absurd, since the Nedes didn't know what a robot looked like to make the comparison in the first place.

EDIT: That's odd, I could have sworn I wrote a reply. Well here it is.

They may, however, thought him to be a man made of metal.
Stat Wrecker

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:45 pm

I don't get that ^^^^ post... :shrug:
Josee Leach

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:05 am

They may, however, thought him to be a man made of metal.

Maybe they thought he was a silver teapot!

Why would a dude even think that? Have you read the Pelinal texts? Like Luagar, I'm completely baffled.
gemma

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion