About Bretons and their Origin

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:45 am

But what were the relative time periods of the Nord/Dunmer and Nord/Aldmer conflicts? Which came first?

Depending on which sources you believe, I'd order them as follows. (Quotes from UESPWiki.)

Aldmer. "Herma-Mora was an ancient Atmoran demon who, at one time, nearly seduced the Nords [Aldmoran proto-Nords, I'd say] into becoming Aldmer." But he's not the only one. "Auri-El led the original Aldmer against the armies of Lorkhan in mythic times, vanquishing that tyrant and establishing the first kingdoms of the Altmer, Altmora and Old Ehlnofey." Also, Orkey was "A loan-god of the Nords, who seem to have taken up his worship during Aldmeri rule of Atmora." And, "Atmoran myths depict [Shor] as a bloodthirsty warrior king who leads the Nords to victory over their Aldmeri oppressors time and again."

Falmer (Skyrim's lost race of elves, also the "ice elves" in King Edward) tried to wipe out the Aldmorans at Saarthal, and were hunted down and destroyed in purges started by the Five Hundred Companions, and continued until Fall of the Snow Prince.

Dunmer. Once Nords were established in Skyrim as the First Empire of Men, they expanded into High Rock, Hammerfell, Morrowind, and helped the Alessia's enslaved Nedic stock overthrow the Ayleids. (My perspective, from Spearthane: And the wussy Nedes didn't have the balls to hunt down and kill all Ayleids and destroy all their creations, like the Nords did in Skyrim. Why do you think Athellor had such a hard time finding any trace of them? The Nords just went through with what the Falmer started. Not that the Falmer didn't have reasons to start it...)
Marie

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:24 am

Depending on which sources you believe, I'd order them as follows. (Quotes from UESPWiki.)

Aldmer. "Herma-Mora was an ancient Atmoran demon who, at one time, nearly seduced the Nords [Aldmoran proto-Nords, I'd say] into becoming Aldmer." But he's not the only one. "Auri-El led the original Aldmer against the armies of Lorkhan in mythic times, vanquishing that tyrant and establishing the first kingdoms of the Altmer, Altmora and Old Ehlnofey." Also, Orkey was "A loan-god of the Nords, who seem to have taken up his worship during Aldmeri rule of Atmora." And, "Atmoran myths depict [Shor] as a bloodthirsty warrior king who leads the Nords to victory over their Aldmeri oppressors time and again."

Falmer (Skyrim's lost race of elves, also the "ice elves" in King Edward) tried to wipe out the Aldmorans at Saarthal, and were hunted down and destroyed in purges started by the Five Hundred Companions, and continued until Fall of the Snow Prince.

Dunmer. Once Nords were established in Skyrim as the First Empire of Men, they expanded into High Rock, Hammerfell, Morrowind, and helped the Alessia's enslaved Nedic stock overthrow the Ayleids. (My perspective, from Spearthane: And the wussy Nedes didn't have the balls to hunt down and kill all Ayleids and destroy all their creations, like the Nords did in Skyrim. Why do you think Athellor had such a hard time finding any trace of them? The Nords just went through with what the Falmer started. Not that the Falmer didn't have reasons to start it...)

Is Alessia a Nord or Imperial and was she the ruler of the first empire?
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:08 am

Is Alessia a Nord or Imperial and was she the ruler of the first empire?

Alessia was a proto-Imperial. She was a human slave of the Ayleids and she is probably from the Nibonay area, making her in fact Nedic.

She was the first emporess in a way. She led the slave revolt and ruled over the Nibonay basin. I wouldn't really say that the Cyrodillic empire was really formed until later when the Alessian reforms were taking place after Maruhk. The Nordic Empire was greater at this point.
Jonathan Montero

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 am

Alessia was born in Leed, and the nearby ruin in modern Cyrodiil is placed south of Rumare, which is culturally Nibenean, and would be geographically as well.
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 am

Alessia was born in Leed, and the nearby ruin in modern Cyrodiil is placed south of Rumare, which is culturally Nibenean, and would be geographically as well.

Good to know and that was the first empire right? If so what era was that. Were the ayleids the first, Alessia the second and Tiber Septim the third?
Brian Newman

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:19 am

Good to know and that was the first empire right? If so what era was that. Were the ayleids the first, Alessia the second and Tiber Septim the third?

The Ayleids were never really an empire. They were a bunch of seperate kingdoms. Alessia overthrew them. Than Alessia started what could be probably called the First Empire, although I still don't think it could really be called an empire until after Maruhk. Reman and the Akaviri Potentate was the Second Empire. Tiber Septim and the Septim line is the third empire.

As to the ages, I'm not as sure. For a complete timeline, go here. http://www.imperial-library.info/history/

The Alessians were in the first age. The Reman Empire was also in the first age, but the second age started with the ascension of the Potentate. The second empire didn't end until after last Potentate's death, so I would say that the Second Empire was in both.

The Septim Empire was of course, the third age.
SWagg KId

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:11 am

The Ayleids were never really an empire. They were a bunch of seperate kingdoms. Alessia overthrew them. Than Alessia started what could be probably called the First Empire, although I still don't think it could really be called an empire until after Maruhk. Reman and the Akaviri Potentate was the Second Empire. Tiber Septim and the Septim line is the third empire.

As to the ages, I'm not as sure. For a complete timeline, go here. http://www.imperial-library.info/history/

The Alessians were in the first age. The Reman Empire was also in the first age, but the second age started with the ascension of the Potentate. The second empire didn't end until after last Potentate's death, so I would say that the Second Empire was in both.

The Septim Empire was of course, the third age.

What doesnt this site have?
Taylor Tifany

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 am

What doesn't this site have?

Cookies. We only have fishy sticks.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:09 am

Cookies. We only have fishy sticks.

I beg to differ we have plenty of bonemeal cookies. They dont taste too good though. The sweet rolls happen to be out of this world!
Joanne Crump

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:13 am

The sweet rolls happen to be out of this world!

Literally! :lol:
Kat Stewart

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:52 am

Literally! :lol:

lol!
Nick Tyler

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 am

Bretons are so lame......joking besides khajiit they are one of my favorite races, a very fascinating race they are this has intrigued me.
Albert Wesker

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:50 am

Bretons are so lame......joking besides khajiit they are one of my favorite races, a very fascinating race they are this has intrigued me.

I woulld say if you were going to put lame on a race you really couldnt. I mean I personally find bosmer culture to be strange but all culture and race in tamriel is diverse and fascinating. I would say that the Dunmer and Bretons have the most from what i have heard. Though I believe all the other races probably have interesting ways of life themselves.
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 am

I remember reading someone's post and it said the Bretons were born of some sort of mass [censored] of the Nords... as they were captured by elves... :read:

... in High Rock...
jodie

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:13 am

I remember reading someone's post and it said the Bretons were born of some sort of mass [censored] of the Nords... as they were captured by elves... :read:

... in High Rock...

wow but wasnt it the former elves of skyrim that became bretons after breeding with nords.
LuBiE LoU

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 am

... in High Rock...

More proof that Out-of-Atmora theologians are creepers with dirty minds. :intergalactic:
Jenna Fields

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:30 am

More proof that Out-of-Atmora theologians are creepers with dirty minds. :intergalactic:

?????????? :shrug:
Juliet

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

wow but wasnt it the former elves of skyrim that became bretons after breeding with nords.

Yeah...no.

The former Mer of Skyrim had their asses kicked so hard they all got squashed and turned into goblins...or they all just died. There are two theories, though both do not deal with Bretons.
kristy dunn

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah...no.

The former Mer of Skyrim had their asses kicked so hard they all got squashed and turned into goblins...or they all just died. There are two theories, though both do not deal with Bretons.

ok so scratch my theory then. Does that make bretons the spawn of infidelity?
Cameron Garrod

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 pm

ok so scratch my theory then. Does that make bretons the spawn of infidelity?

They are the spawn of a period of unequaled peace and goodwill.
lydia nekongo

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:47 am

They are the spawn of a period of unequaled peace and goodwill.

And then the Nords came...

And now High Rock is in a state of perpetual civil war. Nice going you stupid baby seal clubbers.
Calum Campbell

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 am

And then the Nords came...

And now High Rock is in a state of perpetual civil war. Nice going you stupid baby seal clubbers.

Why must the vikings create Civil disorder in every universe? Why!
Trista Jim

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 am

Hmm... I just had a thought. The Altmer use goblins in battle, yes? Now, I suppose they could be cursed relatives, but they could also simply be servants, closely integrated within their society. The Falmer could have had the same relationship with the Riecklings, so closely associated in the mind of a Nord that they were both "of the Falmer." The Nords could well have driven the Snow Elves extinct, while the Riecklings survived. To this day, some Nords still call Riecklings "Falmer."
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 am

Hmm... I just had a thought. The Altmer use goblins in battle, yes? Now, I suppose they could be cursed relatives, but they could also simply be servants, closely integrated within their society. The Falmer could have had the same relationship with the Riecklings, so closely associated in the mind of a Nord that they were both "of the Falmer." The Nords could well have driven the Snow Elves extinct, while the Riecklings survived. To this day, some Nords still call Riecklings "Falmer."

I really like this explanation.
Big Homie

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion