Nine divines

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:26 am

His ID tag in the CS gave it away.

But it's just "wulf". Or did I miss something?

Edit: It seems I did. There is a mention in the script: "aspect of Tiber Septim named 'wulf' gives PC lucky coin"
But his ID is still "wulf" ;)
Jah Allen

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:52 am

The Aedra are naught but shadow-puppets playing out the whims of mortal myth. You may as well try to speak with the latest fashion craze as try to speak with the Aedra. You might find an avatar or two that will talk at you, but these are only narrow projections. Bottled air isn't the sky.

The great Daedra are more useful, even the most obtuse ones.

Wulf was Talos?!?
I always wondered who he was. But, how could you tell?

NPCs speak about it after you encounter him. Imperial Legion members IIRC, and possibly Imperial Cult members also.
Baby K(:

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:18 am

I find it interesting that the Dunmer, although they typically distrust the Divines, admit that the Divines are powerful.
CYCO JO-NATE

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:42 am

I find it interesting that the Dunmer, although they typically distrust the Divines, admit that the Divines are powerful.

What does trust have to do with power???
Haley Merkley

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:04 am

What does trust have to do with power???

The Dunmer aren't too fond of the Divines, and the Temple members even enjoy bashing them. But they'll all begrudgingly admit that the Divines are powerful.
Tracy Byworth

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:02 pm

The Dunmer aren't too fond of the Divines, and the Temple members even enjoy bashing them. But they'll all begrudgingly admit that the Divines are powerful.

That didn't answer the question. I can not like somebody, bash them and not trust them and still realize that they could squash me should the notion cross them (regardless of whether or not the Divines are going to go around squashing people)...
Mimi BC

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:15 pm

That didn't answer the question. I can not like somebody, bash them and not trust them and still realize that they could squash me should the notion cross them (regardless of whether or not the Divines are going to go around squashing people)...

The Dunmer distrust the Divines and say some pretty nasty things about them (I suspect that it stems from their relative inaction in comparison to the Daedra Princes and Tribunal), but they never say that they're weak. They know that the Divines won't harm them no matter what they say about them. And its easy to say negative things about those you dislike, but its harder to say positive things about them.
Mariaa EM.

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 am

I think the Dunmer distrust the Divines partly because of their Chimer roots, which, boiled down and simplified, means they distrust them because Mephala, Boethiah and Azura told them to. The rest is the Tribunal telling them the same thing, probably out of a mixture of self-interest and a genuine belief that they alone can best look after the interests of their people.
Mylizards Dot com

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion