If you had a vault in your hands...

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 am

100 FOX reporters, one camera.

That's awesome.

Simple. Two overseers, five hundred citizens. Both Overseers were trained by Vault-Tec, but don't know the other is an official.

This is probably my favorite. Brilliant. I'd love to see how that plays out.

Er, that's pretty much Vault 106 from FO3.

Noted.
Imy Davies

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:59 am

A vault actually mean to help people survive. Such a shocking concept isn't it.

But probably I'd make one to train an elite military force of Karmatically positive, military fit people(men/women, no sixism)) then turn them loose on the wasteland as the protectors of humanity.
Marta Wolko

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am

Vault 889: a colony of nudists and 50 police armed with tazers
Elea Rossi

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Choose my own experiment eh? I would create a vault where a number of the population would be selected to undergo mental conditioning to the point that what an particular person tells them, is immediately formed as reality in the mind of the aformentioned (He is told there are four lights, instead of five, and being told there is only four, he see's only four.). How would the experiment progress? Dunno, it would mostly be to see how far the human mind is willing to go to protect itself from whatever is occuring. (Persons brain hooked up to a specialized device, able to tell is he is simply lying during the conditioning, or that in his mind the person talking to him is a Six food tall talking asperagus with googly eyes who only speak backwards and has a bad case of acne.). Of course the Conditioning would be different for each of the select person in the testing process. One would say, be conditioned to regect that anyone wearing a black pant suit exists, to the point thier mind blocks out all sight, sound, smell, and physical contact from said person. Of course, the people administering the mental conditioning would themselves have mental conditioning, some believing thier conditioning a person, when in reality thier in a closet talking to themselves, unable to grasp that it is all a reaction illisited by simuli to prevent the brain from acknolleging what it precieves and being a detriment to it. The Conditioning process itself, well, If you watched that one episode of Star Trek, TNG with the light question, you can probably guess. The world needs Villians, might as well be a creative one hiding behind the viel of doing it for the future of humanity/
alicia hillier

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Well, it'd be a rather odd vault:
The official experiment will be 1000/1000 men/women with NO entertainment and a HUGE stockpile of weapons and ammo with no lock] and the vault should be sealed fo ever.
Unfortunately, the stockpile will be locked], and wouldn't you know it, there would be a decent amount of entertainment. Oh, and a lot of survival gear. And 10 G.E.C.K.S. And the vault will malfunction into opening right after it's safe to go out. Oh well...

They will rule the wasteland.

:blink:
Justin Bywater

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 am

Vault 14. Has 1000 women, very attractive 18 year olds in short shorts and tank tops.
And 1000 men with chastity belt's, and unremovable boxing gloves so the men couldnt touch the women.
chastity belts and boxing gloves come off in 20 years...
Mrs Pooh

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Vault 222

500 Women 510 Men, all 20-26

All Clothing in the vault disenigrates in 2 years prior to the vault closeing
WYatt REed

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Vault 437

Population: 100 males (1 is overseer), 100 females, 10 dogs...

Size: Size of Vault 101

Purpose: The vault pharmacist is given "the wrong drugs", what is supposedly insulin, aspirin, etc. is actually psycho, buffout, etc.

Vault 73

Population: 100 males, 100 females, 10 deathclaws, 10 feral ghoul reavers, 10 yao-guai, 10 super mutant overlords.

Size: Huge...

Purpose: FO3 has a 50's feel, the only food is in the lower levels of the vault which is filled with 10 deatchlaws, 10 feral ghoul reavers, 10 yao-guai, and 10 supermutant overlords. The only protection they are given is pre-war spring outfits. Once worn, it cannot be given to another person, and everyone comes in naked, however, males are given dresses, and females are given pants and shirts. Neither know of the other until the clothes are worn, once all outfits have been equipped, the door seperating the two opens. Each of the outfits has pheromone-affecting serum injected, women lose estrogen and get testosterone, and visa-versa for men.

Experiment: See if you can change the gender of a person via chemicals.
tannis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 am

my vault:

Vault num: 117

residents:500 males 500 females 1 monkey(the overseer) all cigerette addicts

What happens?: everyone is given 100 cartons of ciggys that are empty exept 1 wich the monkey overseer has wich has 1 in.

equipment: 1001 .44 magnums 1001 assualt rifles 1001 combat knives all with 1 clip of ammo and 1 minigun with an almost endless supply of ammo now that is a free for all we can all enjoy :flamethrower: :nothanks: :gun:
Hairul Hafis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 am

I'd fill a vault with Vault-Tec officials/Government goons and expose them all to the nefarious experiments they themselves thought up.

My vault would contain randomly placed traps, equipment designed to fail for a certain amount of time, sudden blackouts, and the power going on and off at weird times. Oh, and the traps would include stuff like saw blades appearing from the ground, rats being released, rooms sealing shut and flooded with tear gas, spikes shooting from the ground, boxing gloves firing off at times (like in the cartoons), tranquilizer darts, flamethrowers, etc.

It'll be designed around how long people can last and live with the though the constant threat of danger, no matter how large or small. Also the traps, blackouts, etc would happen 0-10 times a day, completely random between those numbers.

I think Stanislaus Braun improved on your concept by making it possible to torture people sadistically without killing them.
Leonie Connor

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Well... before I read the posts in this topic... I really WAS going to say that if I had a vault in my hands... my hands would be enormous. Sadly, someone had to go and beat me to it.

Still... if I were placed in the establishment of a vault experiment, I have a couple of ideas.

Idea 1:

Occupants: 1000 males/ 1000 females/ (all are single advlt individuals with limited prior familiarity)/ various wildlife species/ various micro-organisms and viral agents.
Equipment: The vault has no purification 'systems' per se... rather, it has been outfitted with an experimental bio-sphere like habitat. There are no jumpsuit extruders or food dispensers... all must have been brought in or be created from materials at hand. All other sections of the vault are standard... apartments, computers, etc... save for a lack of furniture. Computer terminals are wall-mounted.

The Overseer is an A.I. programmed to monitor the balance of the habitat... but possesses no physical methods to enforce the laws or rules of the Vault.

Experiment: To determine whether or not a randomly selected group of individuals, when forced to manually handle the tasks of feeding, clothing, and furnishing their habitats, are capable of maintaining natural equilibrium in a sealed environment whilst also establishing an order amongst themselves. Opens after the standard time frame. The experiment is considered a failure when either air levels begin approaching a toxic potency, water readings are too polluted for human consumption, or the extinction of more than twelve of the non-microbial lifeforms occurs. In this event, the vault opens prematurely.

Idea 2:

Occupants: 560 men and women of varying ages and ethnicity.
Equipment: Aside from the main Vault Entrance, no room in the vault is fitted with a door. The security room is stocked with only non-lethal weapons. (batons, police clubs, tranquilizer hypodermic guns).

The overseer in charge is picked for his particularly invasive nature, and the security staff for their unwavering loyalty to protocol.

Experiment: To determine whether an invasive Overseer placed in charge of a population stripped of their privacy will incite a population to riot, or if the population is capable of adapting to an environment in which there is an absence of personal privacy. The vault is scheduled to open after 40 years.
louise tagg

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Mwahahaha... Oh, the possibilities.

Scenario #1
200 heavy smokers, 100 people who recently quit smoking, an unlocked armory filled with flamethrowers, molotov cocktails and various fire-oriented weapons... and 1 pack of cigarettes. Unbeknownst to our unfortunate vault dwellers, the room in which the sole pack of cigarettes lies is lined with oil, baby powder (extremely flammable) and gasoline. To what lengths will they go for one last puff?

Scenario #2
20 hydrophobes, 10 germaphobes, a tiny kitchen that has room only for 1 person at a time, and a large pool seperating the kitchen from the living area. Also, there are no toilets, showers, toilet paper or soap. The pool must be used for everything.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 am

Vault 144

Population: 1000 (500 Men/500 Woman)
Capacity: 1000

Vault consists of newly wed couples, aged 20-30. Overseer is randomly chosen, and manages basic Vault responsibilities. No forms of sixual protection are available. Should a couple give birth to a child, both parents are terminated and the child is assigned to a random couple.

The point of the experiment is to determine how far couples are willing to go to have six, and how a couple will fare with an unexpected child. The experiment is also designed to slowly deteriorate the population. Example:

Two newlyweds, the wife gives birth.

Population: 1000

Parents terminated.

Population: 999

The Vault is designed to never open. However, there are sufficient supplies to support the population until it deteriorates.

All Vault Occupants are aware of the penalty for pregnancy. Oh, and nobody is sterile and no one has STDs or anything. No abortion or anything, Pregnancy equals birth. I doubt the Vault would survive for more than a generation, couples would either choose to not have six, or do the nasty and die. The children will also have parents who may not necessarily want them.
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 am

Hm. Interms of an actual experiment, I'd like to see a Vault full of gorgeous women and hideous men. See if they're willing to put aside appearance for the greater good of humanity...Or if the men decide to forcefully continue the Human race.
Ymani Hood

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

A giant zoo with awsome animals.
Kat Ives

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 pm

My vault would be 500 nerds, and one gaming PC with all the worlds games.
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Vault 94
-------------

Population: 500 (250/250)
Size: Roughly the size of a small city.
Features: Fully working vehicles, giant eco-dome with virtual sun that is on for 12 hours a day, with sprinklers that make rain. Plants, and several animals.

Goal: To flourish in a simulated outdoors, with all food and water forced to be grown with the eco-system.

Origin: The results were meant to be used as the Enclave would take the information as a way to survive growing food in an isolated environment. Hence, the spaceship.
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 am

If I worked for vault tech id fill a vault with 1000 women (as that one went, all attractive)

I being the only male, the only way for the vault to unseal its self is for 200 more people to be born within the vault. So I would basically assure myself some good times :P

haha heck ya. Mine would be, one gun,completely disassembled, and everyone is a serial killer. But they dont know how to rebuild the gun
Lily Evans

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion