Fallout in China?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 am

Most likely the Expeditionary Force took Beijing then settled down and founded an Empire of some sort because there was nowhere else to go. By 2277 thier descendants would be racially and culturally more Chinese than American due to intermarriage with the local population....a traveller from the US would find it hard to tell them apart from the native Chinese Empires around them.

The Shi managed to stay isolated enough in SF to maintain asian traits in appearance in Fallout 2. Of course, considering the canon ending for SF seems to be vines, it probably doesn't matter.
JUan Martinez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 am

Glow in the dark China,only $19.99.
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 am

The PRC is nothing more than a glowing hole, with maybe a small British presence still in existence in Hong Kong.

If England didn't give back HK, China would certainly have nuked it out of spite when the GW went down. That or the Americans would have nuked it preemptively to prevent the chinese remnant from taking it back.

At any rate, China would be in a similar state to the US, only with more survivors and more ghouls, what with the dramatically larger population than the US and a larger land area than the lower 48.
Chris Duncan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am

An idea just ocurred to me.

What if Fallout 4 or 5 invovled a chinese-born American descendent who fights the Enclave in China.

The timeline states that the Enclave scatterred across the globe in anticipation of the nuclear war, and not just in America. I could see an Enclave cell being planted in American-occupied Shanghai. You know, to guarentee the destruction of the "commi rats" as they would so quaintly put. I mean the Enclave is still delusional about fighting an enemy that is long dead, and restoring a country that has since been destroyed and evolved to survive in the new world.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 am

Would be like the US really, it also had bombs dropped. And Chinese Ghouls FTW
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 am

My guess, similar to the US, a giant radioactive wasteland, and mutated panda bears, because Panda make everything better.

There will be Chinese survivor/wastelanders making out a living, raiders, slavers and whole lot more ghouls.

Probably a few surviving American army remnant pockets here and there trying to protect what little they have with pre-war tech.

I imagine there would definitely be some sort of communist remnant like the enclave with pre-war tech, spreading propaganda about the great revolution and capitalist pigs that most survivors don't take seriously.

There probably wouldn't be deathclaws though.
{Richies Mommy}

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Since Encalve scattered across the world, and most likely the US forces in China managed to take hold of a city or something, then the Enclave could have had a supply of VATs there. Them maybe, SM and Deathclaws exist in China. But, US forces still probably hold a city or sections of certain cities, and are probably remnant ghouls like the Chinese ones you see in Mama Dolces in FO3.
lillian luna

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Perhaps the US presence in the post-war PRC would be more like the US presence in West Germany, with small enclaves of US Forces, surrounded by the wasteland Chinese.

The more I think about it, the more I can see a FO 4 in China work.
Dina Boudreau

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm

I wonder if the American troops in China survived the bombs, or is it canon that they were all removed? It doesn't seem to say they were.

Probably Ghouls hiding somewhere in China, like the remenants in Mama Dolce's.
patricia kris

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 am

Probably not all though.
dav

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:21 pm

There Not as bad as the USA as the USA did not luanch all its nukes so mabie its the government has taken back control
Ashley Hill

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:38 pm

There Not as bad as the USA as the USA did not luanch all its nukes so mabie its the government has taken back control

The US struck the PRC just as bad as they took it. If anything, the PRC took it worse than the United States, fighting both a protracted war on their own soil, plus being hit with a nuclear strike during "The Great War". There is little to no chance, of any members of the Chinese Politburo, or any senior members of the communist party still being alive.
El Khatiri

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

I'd imagine that China is in a similar state to the U.S. in the Fallout universe. So radioactive wasteland, mutated animals, ghouls, you get the picture, now whether there were vaults there, no one knows. It would be interesting to see what the state of China, and other parts of the world is, though.

I doubt we will, though, Bethesda probably doesn't want to risk setting a game in China, American players might not want to buy it then.
jesse villaneda

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion