A remake of Daggerfall

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:54 pm

I'll say again: No remake, but TES5 that's as good as TES2 was. With totally new plot, up to date graphics, and real RPG experience instead of a hand held ride though disney world. A game that feels as good as the Gothic series or Witcher.
Trent Theriot

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:14 pm

I would like to see them bring back TES2 but I would rather see them make TES5 even better than 2
Oceavision

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:25 pm

I would like to see them bring back TES2 but I would rather see them make TES5 even better than 2

I haven't played FO3 yet but I don't know if they're going in that direction. But in the end it is more likely for them to make a better game in TES5 than them making a remake.
Dan Endacott

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:04 am

Converting both Arena and Daggerfall to a format that's compatible with Windows, however, would be a great service to the fans. I'd love to be able to play Daggerfall without messing around with the whole DOSbox thing. It might not be profitable for them, though, and if it's not profitable, they ain't gonna do it.

I dont agree with you about the grapich but i havent played the game and dont think its charming that it have bad grapich, i just want to try the game some TES fans consider the best even trough they have "probably" played Morrowind and Oblivion. Better grapich would make it more believeable and i believe that is important in games like TES. I do hoever agree that they should make a Windows version. they should also make a version to XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:51 pm

I dont agree with you about the grapich but i havent played the game and dont think its charming that it have bad grapich, i just want to try the game some TES fans consider the best even trough they have "probably" played Morrowind and Oblivion. Better grapich would make it more believeable and i believe that is important in games like TES. I do hoever agree that they should make a Windows version. they should also make a version to XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.

If they updated it with modern graphics, it wouldn't be the same game. There's too much randomized stuff in Daggerfall - quests, landmass, cities, NPC's, dungeons, etc. - and realistic graphics would really make that too obvious. Of course, the very idea that Bethesda would ever even consider wasting time by doing a graphics update for DF is ridiculous.

One reason why they'll probably never re-release DF is because of all the advlt content. It would be a legal nightmare for them. And if they took that stuff out, it wouldn't be the same game.

BTW, you just showed me why I should never sell any of my extra copies of the game.
Harinder Ghag

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

A remake of Daggerfall: no.

But a new engine running on recent system such as what has been done for Doom I and II, where fan can create new models or textures packs and so on. That would be great.

Of course it would help if the Daggerfall source code was released. But that will not happen :shakehead:
Prue

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:01 pm

not possible

Actually, it is quite possible. Someone made a dosbox port for modded Xbox's which I found http://www.xbox-scene.com/software/software.php?page=emulators.
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm playing the Betony demo of Daggerfall, and from what I've seen, a remake should be in order.

What I want to see in a remake:

3-d characters, instead of sprite animation. No need for top-of-the-line models though, to save on performance.

3rd-person mode, though combat system remains the same (freeze camera and characters during rock-em' sock-em' robots combat).

Same random-generation system, just higher-res textures.

Same UI, though better tooltips and higher-res textures.

Contracted to another party, as to not slow down developement of TES V.

Streamlined code.
Victor Oropeza

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:27 pm

A remake of Daggerfall? Chances are Bethesda would make it as dull and uninteresting as Oblivion, so no.
casey macmillan

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:52 am

Daggerfell was a great game, but I think Bethesda should focus on TES V instead of remaking Daggerfell.

I agree.
Sian Ennis

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:17 pm

TES 5 could very well replace daggerfall.

Yes instead of remaking Daggerfall just make Tes 5 daggerfallian in its mechanics,gameplay and detail. Considering how massive and full of things FALLOUT 3 is i think it could happen. Then again what if FALLOUT 3 is...FUTURE DAGGERFALL? You notice how they both have FALL in their titles..oooooo :cryvaultboy: :ooo: :cryvaultboy:
leigh stewart

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:40 am

If they updated it with modern graphics, it wouldn't be the same game. There's too much randomized stuff in Daggerfall - quests, landmass, cities, NPC's, dungeons, etc. - and realistic graphics would really make that too obvious. Of course, the very idea that Bethesda would ever even consider wasting time by doing a graphics update for DF is ridiculous.

Randomized Quests? How does that work?
yermom

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Randomized Quests? How does that work?

Quest templates. It's like Mad-Libs, but instead of choosing random nouns and appendages, it's randomly choosing a dungeon, town, NPC, etc.
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:19 pm

It won't happen so there is no reason to get hyped over it. D:
Ann Church

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 pm

a remake of Daggerfall, it would be cool, but at the same time worry, would they change it too much, how would they deal twith the size, and what about other things that were going to ba added origionally, like climate survival for instance.
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:17 am

This idea of a remake is crazy, I'd much rather have creative energy focussed at newer games.

If someone was really obsessed and decided to clone TES2, I would play it, but only for cleaner and faster code.
TWITTER.COM

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Sadly, it's highly unlikely we'd ever remake the game. It's still a classic though.
Zualett

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Sadly, it's highly unlikely we'd ever remake the game. It's still a classic though.

There can be only one. Then come the children...
Andrew Lang

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion