Dawnguard Background Stories?

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm working on two character's, but i'll start with the Vampire.

Qayin, Male Breton

Battle-Mage

Qayin grew up an orphan in Cyrodiil never knowing who or what happened to his parent's. Him and his friends use to get into all sort's of trouble messing with guards, pulling pranks and being little trouble makers. But as they grew they realized how harsh and cruel the world really is, now one gave them a chance with a decent job or lend them a helping hand so they joined the thieves guild and went for a life of crime.

But Qayin never really wanted to do this, he had a fascination with books and studying magic, he wanted to become an adventurer and explore the lands of Nirn and to write books of his journey's, but all this was pushed down by his friend Herold. Then one night on a job to steal a priceless necklace from a freshly buried corpse Qayin saw a man wondering the grounds of the graveyard, but he seemed to have a dark presence to him something not right. Herold yelled at Qayin "The guards have spotted us, run for it!" at this moment the dark man laid eyes on Qayin, bring shiver's to his spine. Then while Qayin was running Herold tripped him into a small pond, saying "Better you then me, mate!" and ran off, the guards arrested Qayin.

That night while Qayin was sitting in his Cell, pondering on what he has done he got shiver's down his spine, a cold feeling that something was watching him. Out of the dark corner of the cell was the man from the Graveyard, a tall strong looking man with milky pale skin and dark red hair. The man spoke "You are a unique young man, filled with might and will power. You will go a long way." "Yeah, to the chopping block" said Qayin, with a sarcastic tone. "Perhaps" The man said "Or you can live your dream, Qayin".

(Convo below, with Q being Qayin and D being the man)

Q: How do you know my name?

D: I know everything about you, all your dreams, your nightmares, your fear's, your wishes. I am here to give you a choice, a choice not many have. I am a son of the night, a creature who feast on men, Betmer and Mer. I am a Vampire.

Q: What does a vampire want with me? I'm a nobody, a poor, pathetic excuse of a human. Unless your going to use me for a late night snack, I don't see any point of this conversation.

D: I want to grant you my gift, to become one of us. Because Qayin I see something in you, something that should live on and not fade away at the hands these men. Your destiny is that of greatness, of power and of might. So what say you? Live on in the shadow of the star's, or the block?

You can pretty much guess what he picked. The first thing he did that night with his new found powers was to find Herold, and butcher him to bits.

Qayin did what he always wanted to do, he traveled exploring every inch he possible could. Indulging himself in Ale's, Wine and Woman. Diving into the deepest caves and studying everything he could, he even got a chance to enter the Elder Scrolls Library. 200 years later, he received a letter, it was from a stranger who granted him a gift, he called to Qayin to come to Skyrim for something big was going to happen, and it was time for Qayin to fulfill his Destiny.

Damn, lol well I know thats a lot of detail and info but I was on a roll, lol. Hope you enjoy it and I'll be putting my vampire hunter up soon.
Ann Church

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Good story ...so you guy is a werewolf that's going to join the vampires ?

Not necessarily, i was just presenting the inner conflict within him concerning the forces at hand.
Tiff Clark

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim