What is a ''GOOD Player'' for you ??!!

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 am

As they say, three hours of Crysis 3 a day keeps the doctor at bay.

And to be honest, sometimes I'm so bored I just keep playing Crysis 3 for few hours. It's sometimes fun to just play something for few after a boring school day. Especially when I manage to do something hilarious or when I'm playing with friends.
Charity Hughes

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:06 pm

As they say, three hours of Crysis 3 a day keeps the doctor at bay.

And to be honest, sometimes I'm so bored I just keep playing Crysis 3 for few hours. It's sometimes fun to just play something for few after a boring school day. Especially when I manage to do something hilarious or when I'm playing with friends.

The matches I played with you a couple of hours ago were fun except that last financial district one.
Rachie Stout

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

I had the game since day one too but I didn't go overboard. How can you not lose interest after sooooo much time?

Lol.. like i said.. 900hrs is nothing when you consider that the time starts when you login to multiplayer, and the countless hours of idle time register as mp play time.

Another thing.. when you have so many assesments to try and achieve, thats what keeps the game going for me, as well as private matches, fun matches and just plain messing around..

I am an engineer/machinist and C3 is my relaxing time. I get out plenty enough, and i only come on in the evening.. Too many people take it all too seriously.. Right now i am trying to be No1 with all alien weapons, and trust me it aint easy.. when i achieve that or get to a point where its too much effort, i will move onto something new..

Yeah i have BF3 and BF4, but i like the nanosuit.. and i can count on one hand the number of people that have played or won hunter mode on the DLC maps too.. try something different if you get bored, but dont critisise others for enjoying the game.

Kristian Perez

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 pm

To me a good player is someone who:

> Doesn't use Auto Armor
> Doesn't use JAW
> Doesn't use Swarmer
> Doesn't use Pinger
> Doesn't use Bow
> Doesn't use Rhino
> Doesn't use Pole
> Doesn't use Bolt Sniper / Mortar
> Doesn't use cheesy loadouts like Scar+laser + Maneuv + AA + Retriever

Yup, I'm pretty much saying that anyone who doesn't abuse all the broken stuff in this game is automatically a good player. Yeah, there's a LOT of broken stuff in this game and that's all Crytek's fault for being so retarded...but if you can stay away from that then you're a good player.

Doesn't matter how bad your aim/skill/awareness is. To me honesty, integrity and respect = good player.

Becoming 'skilled' is just a matter of spending hours, practicing and working hard...but not everyone has that many hours to spend. Remember, pretty much all great players have spent a LOT of hours playing the game to become that good. Almost everyone has the potential.

A subjective question, of course, but I find your response interesting.

1st, I'm not sure what you consider 'broken'. Of course, I'm a noob and have only been playing MP since march (and only C2 & C3 so far), but I haven't really noticed any bugs.

I also find your "doesn't use" weapon list interesting (no antagonism intended :) ). I get the banned weapons and even the alien weapons (seem gimmicky), but not so sure why AA, Retriever and Maneuverability made the list.

I confess that I do use AA and maneuverability. I also understand that AA may seem a bit like a noob tool (which, of course, I am...), but I find both to be strategic tools worth having.

Advantages of AA:

1. One less thing to think about. No need to turn it on at crucial times.
2. Since Armor slows you down, using AA makes sense, since it means you can jump evade, twist and turn in a battle without the slowdown of armor unless needed (granted, its timing does seem a bit off at times, and I turn it on manually when necessary).
3. It sometimes saves you from snipers (and camper-snipers)

Maneuverability:

Fast, can jump, can jump and fall without damage (in tier 3). Seems like a good use of ability to me. I will admit that I do sometimes run around like a 'chicken with its head cut off', but it's great for getting out of tight spots and chasing down an enemy. And the ledge grabs...enough said.

I'm all for integrity, honesty and respect, but I don't see these particular modules in violation of those attributes. At least not to any greater degree than stealth or armor.
Benji

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:43 pm

To me a good player is someone who:

> Doesn't use Auto Armor
> Doesn't use JAW
> Doesn't use Swarmer
> Doesn't use Pinger
> Doesn't use Bow
> Doesn't use Rhino
> Doesn't use Pole
> Doesn't use Bolt Sniper / Mortar
> Doesn't use cheesy loadouts like Scar+laser + Maneuv + AA + Retriever

Yup, I'm pretty much saying that anyone who doesn't abuse all the broken stuff in this game is automatically a good player. Yeah, there's a LOT of broken stuff in this game and that's all Crytek's fault for being so retarded...but if you can stay away from that then you're a good player.

Doesn't matter how bad your aim/skill/awareness is. To me honesty, integrity and respect = good player.

Becoming 'skilled' is just a matter of spending hours, practicing and working hard...but not everyone has that many hours to spend. Remember, pretty much all great players have spent a LOT of hours playing the game to become that good. Almost everyone has the potential.

A subjective question, of course, but I find your response interesting.

1st, I'm not sure what you consider 'broken'. Of course, I'm a noob and have only been playing MP since march (and only C2 & C3 so far), but I haven't really noticed any bugs.

I also find your "doesn't use" weapon list interesting (no antagonism intended :) ). I get the banned weapons and even the alien weapons (seem gimmicky), but not so sure why AA, Retriever and Maneuverability made the list.

I confess that I do use AA and maneuverability. I also understand that AA may seem a bit like a noob tool (which, of course, I am...), but I find both to be strategic tools worth having.

Advantages of AA:

1. One less thing to think about. No need to turn it on at crucial times.
2. Since Armor slows you down, using AA makes sense, since it means you can jump evade, twist and turn in a battle without the slowdown of armor unless needed (granted, its timing does seem a bit off at times, and I turn it on manually when necessary).
3. It sometimes saves you from snipers (and camper-snipers)

Maneuverability:

Fast, can jump, can jump and fall without damage (in tier 3). Seems like a good use of ability to me. I will admit that I do sometimes run around like a 'chicken with its head cut off', but it's great for getting out of tight spots and chasing down an enemy. And the ledge grabs...enough said.

I'm all for integrity, honesty and respect, but I don't see these particular modules in violation of those attributes. At least not to any greater degree than stealth or armor.

I admit I can be classified as a noob in terms of retriever (I'm beyond useless at collecting tags) and I have fun with maneuverability. But as a player I'm not a noob (gretelmkmonkey can vouch for that).
Neil

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:03 pm

people who try to do their best even if in multiplayer there are those who are better and stronger than them (I am one of those who just try to do their best XD)
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:13 pm

The Pinger is OP (and yes I do use it, but don't spam it). However 85-90% of all the pilots I have come across have been useless and what's worst is when your team really needs the pinger and some idiot in your team gets in and doesn't know how to use it and it's not like they are low leveled

Maybe that was the one and only time I tried operating a pinger :-o .

Being uninitiated, I was killed in short order. I never did try it again because I couldn't find a decent primer on how to use it (admittedly, I haven't tried as hard as I might to find one...), and your statement regarding team consideration is one I take seriously (although a few minutes in it would likely clear things up).

But having played a bit longer, I can say that I still believe that AA and maneuverability are assets rather than noobish. Mikes and k-volts seem waaay over-powered. And players who pollute the game with constant ltag usage should be banned, IMO. I don't, however, initiate or vote for a kick unless someone is using a banned weapon or they seem to using hacks.

If they are using a banned weapon, they deserve kicking because they believe the rules don't apply to them (or they're a noob, in which case a kickvote educates them to the rules).

I also try to remember that there may be a 12 year old on the other side of the monitor. That's scary. Life lessons courtesy of Crysis 3. YIKES!
Marilú

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:31 pm

The Pinger is OP (and yes I do use it, but don't spam it). However 85-90% of all the pilots I have come across have been useless and what's worst is when your team really needs the pinger and some idiot in your team gets in and doesn't know how to use it and it's not like they are low leveled

Maybe that was the one and only time I tried operating a pinger :-o .

Being uninitiated, I was killed in short order. I never did try it again because I couldn't find a decent primer on how to use it (admittedly, I haven't tried as hard as I might to find one...), and your statement regarding team consideration is one I take seriously (although a few minutes in it would likely clear things up).

But having played a bit longer, I can say that I still believe that AA and maneuverability are assets rather than noobish. Mikes and k-volts seem waaay over-powered. And players who pollute the game with constant ltag usage should be banned, IMO. I don't, however, initiate or vote for a kick unless someone is using a banned weapon or they seem to using hacks.

If they are using a banned weapon, they deserve kicking because they believe the rules don't apply to them (or they're a noob, in which case a kickvote educates them to the rules).

I also try to remember that there may be a 12 year old on the other side of the monitor. That's scary. Life lessons courtesy of Crysis 3. YIKES!

The trick to using a pinger is to randomly burst fire you primary and let off the occasional secondary where you think there are enemies. If there are any they will either die, glow (if cloaked) or run, that way you can kill them.

When it comes to the ping, don't use it unless you really need to. If you are surrounded by more than one enemy on higher ground, wait for most of them to jump and then ping. If there are 2 and you ping the first guy, get out immediately after and get to high ground. Then wait for an enemy to get in, ping, and then when they are defence less, you pounce.

When passing under a bridge or tree or near high ground, always be prepared for an ambush.

Some of this stuff takes practice but some is common sense, take it from me, the pinger can be very potent in the right hands (I tend to get whole max suits with them). You are best off using retriever when piloting the pinger so that you don't have to get out for long range tags.

Hope this helps.
LADONA

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 pm

The trick to using a pinger is to randomly burst fire you primary and let off the occasional secondary where you think there are enemies. If there are any they will either die, glow (if cloaked) or run, that way you can kill them.

When it comes to the ping, don't use it unless you really need to. If you are surrounded by more than one enemy on higher ground, wait for most of them to jump and then ping. If there are 2 and you ping the first guy, get out immediately after and get to high ground. Then wait for an enemy to get in, ping, and then when they are defence less, you pounce.

When passing under a bridge or tree or near high ground, always be prepared for an ambush.

Some of this stuff takes practice but some is common sense, take it from me, the pinger can be very potent in the right hands (I tend to get whole max suits with them). You are best off using retriever when piloting the pinger so that you don't have to get out for long range tags.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it does help. Thanks for the education :) .

I'll have to give it a try on a slow server. I must admit, though, that I'm more the 'on the ground' type. I spend a lot of time running to strategic and hotspot points on the map or just hunting. This fills my life with joy. :)

I think it unfortunate that C3 isn't more popular and hope that those diehards amongst us will keep the servers alive. I include myself in the diehard category. The pace of this game is addicting. Many may think it broken and unplayable, but I'd be hard pressed to agree.
Your Mum

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Hope this helps.

Yes, it does help. Thanks for the education :) .

I'll have to give it a try on a slow server. I must admit, though, that I'm more the 'on the ground' type. I spend a lot of time running to strategic and hotspot points on the map or just hunting. This fills my life with joy. :)

I think it unfortunate that C3 isn't more popular and hope that those diehards amongst us will keep the servers alive. I include myself in the diehard category. The pace of this game is addicting. Many may think it broken and unplayable, but I'd be hard pressed to agree.

No problem. I'm more of a tactical person myself, but I just love seeing enemies scrambling around like headless flies :P
sw1ss

Previous

Return to Crysis