What happened to the Brotherhood? (Lore Discussion)

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:22 am

After Sarah Lyon's death, there were a series of "ineffective" Elders and he became Elder at age 16 due to his pedigree, the fact Lyons had groomed him, and due to the fact he was supported by the Western BoS.

The Brotherhood Outcasts then rejoined and suddenly the Eastern Brotherhood was full of a bunch of fanatical Western idealogy supporters.

Arthur is far more conservative than Elder Lyons on a lot of issues, probably because he's living up to his ancestral legacy, his support comes from the orthodox BoS, and he saw Sarah killed following Owen's ideals.

Lyons also killed a Super Mutant named "Shepard" which is an odd name for a Super Mutant and I think was probably Fawkes.

mishionary

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:08 am

Glad to see the BoS back. I hope the DLC doesn't revert the change.

I'd love to learn more about how it came to pass, but not if that means SS turns it all around and gives the BoS another face/heel turn
Philip Rua

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:35 am

I, personally, don't want the BoS to become villains and wouldn't mind returning to a more middle ground.

Being Space Marine Nazis is not what I want from the BOS anymore than them being pure good guys.

Cathrin Hummel

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:42 am

I certainly don't want them becoming the Enclave, but they've always been (discounting F3) snobbish, elitist, and anti-mutant.

Remember that Marcus and that Paladin (was it Jacob?) were the exception to the rule. The Enclave wants to kill all mutates (including us) while the BoS just wants to safe guard all tech, by force if necessary, and let nature take its course. Not evil, certainly not good, mostly just apathetic as long as you don't have something shiny they want.
Michael Korkia

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 pm

They only started taking tech away from people recently, at first they only gathered it but respected other people's property.
Katy Hogben

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:19 am

Not quite. They were as I described them from their inception, then Owyns went East and caught some feelings, then they reverted to how they were.

Okay, maybe not inception, considering how the formed, but from pretty damn early on.
Chris Cross Cabaret Man

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:56 am

I don't understand "why" either lol. And the more you think about it the more illogical for the lore it is.

Nuking the brotherhood from Adams Air Force Base was an "option" in F3 but not sure if it was cannon.

IF it was cannon it could explain the Outcasts joining remnants of Lyon's BoS later on.. because both groups were so small they set their differences aside. And all important Figures/Paladins etc died in the blast leaving extremist education to Maxson. And so Maxson being influenced by the old ideology from the Outcasts and mad at peasants shooting nukes at people. But then again Maxson should be dead aswell in the first place. Unless they would keep him alive cause just that day kiddo Maxson decided to have a fit and ran to Rivet City to check some old airplane wreckage on the roof or something XD

Storywise they could've done something like this. It would be unlikely but possible. I mean maybe if Maxson spend all his SPECIAL in luck :wink_smile:

Matthew Aaron Evans

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 am

The Addam's Air Force base "good" ending is canon.

They refer to the Citadel.

Owen Lyons died of old age not nuking
Sarah Lyons didn't die (which she does if you nuke it)
Arthur Maxson lives in the Citadel
They refer to Addams Air Force base as a costly victory

But the history tapes say Arthur Maxson is the one who negotiated the Outcasts rejoining.

Marnesia Steele

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm

And you posting some stuff from the terminals.. should do exactly what with my opinion? It changes nothing.

On top of this, Maxson is the last physically present brotherhood member linked to F3 in F4, they made it cannon for the heck of it? Why make it cannon if there is only 1 character from that branch of storyline. Why then cling to one particular ending for the sake of it? It's rediculous writing. People argueing about not having good/bad karma in F4. But what did it matter in F3 if bad karma is just brushed away like this in the storywriting?

I was assuming I bought a RPG and if you wanted a solution for any ending - which should've been done. You can't just have game 1 giving the player choices and then in game 2 smack the same players in the face and saying "what you did in game 1 didn't happen". My point is that everything should be cannon and they did a bad job at even trying this. They should've loaded a F3 save. Then just change some texts in terminals and voila.

The series contradicts itself, what is next F5 has BOS as the only faction left?

If you are gonna make one particular ending cannon and the other not, why is it a RPG? If you say it is a quest where you have choices and then these choices appear when the end credits roll how can you "undo" these things in F4? Why can in the Witcher franchise devs do this and yet Bethesda who has been around much longer cannot do this?

Nay sorry I make my own story in this game with my own logic explanation how Maxson survived.

Nicholas C

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:47 am

Picking a canon ending allows the writers a solid foundation to build off of when creating the next game.

Trying to account for every ending to be canon will just leave it a hollow experience.

Kitana Lucas

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:12 pm

That is not the only option. You can ask them for it. Or you can pay them for it.

That's like saying that, because you can kill every single person in the Commonwealth while playing a member of the Railroad, that all Railroaders want nothing more than to kill every single person in the Commonwealth.

Stace

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion