What happened to the Brotherhood? (Lore Discussion)

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks, this cleared some stuff up.

Sadly, I wish I knew how almost all the brotherhood of steel from fallout 4 disappeared aswell..

Honestly, I started off supporting the BoS because I thought they would still follow lyons ideology. And I was also looking forward to meeting maxson untilnI met him. He's arrogant and rather stupid, and the brotherhood that I knew in fallout 3 is no more.

Really wished we could somehow takeover the BoS and revert it back to Lyons BoS. Luckily, theres another certain technological faction that I joined that would allow me to control what happens to the commonwealth. A faction I could follow Lyons ideology with and continue the legacy of what Lyons was trying to accomplish.
Jeffrey Lawson

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:53 am

Maxson isn't Hitler though. He has the potential to go there, but eradicating mutants, ferals, and synths aren't bad goals.

Ally Chimienti

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:39 am

I would have left Sarah alive in the game, made her temporary Elder until Maxson was of age. And when he took over they didn't share the same vision for its future. Would have created more unrest within the ranks of the Brotherhood and its leadership. That is just my wish though, I am biased towards Sarah and my Lone Wanderer would never have let her die.

LuCY sCoTT

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 am

Its interesting, because the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 appears to be trying to take on the mannerisms and airs of the Enclave, the very faction they claimed to loathe in Fallout 3.

Funny how that all works out. Sweet, sweet irony. :lol:

Mrs Pooh

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:07 am

Fair enough. He is still young and if my character joins the Brotherhood he/she can have a say in its future, or atleast in war.

Nuno Castro

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:29 am

Indeed. Merlin to Maxson's Arthur is the way I see it.

Verity Hurding

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:21 pm

The East Coast needs it's own "NCR" faction.

New Commonwealth Republic -
jaideep singh

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:57 am

If you've beaten the game then how can you believe that eradicating synths is a good idea after (brotherhood questline spoilers)
Spoiler
Danse had done everything to further humanity, and had given his life to the cause and yet simply because he was a synth he was a threat to everyone and had to be eliminated even though he's probably helped thousands by now.

At that point, I knew the brotherhood was wrong with what they were doing.
Ross Zombie

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:32 am

For the same reason I think killing all the Vault 87 super mutants is a good idea, despite the fact Fawkes and Uncle Leo are quite nice.

Crystal Clear

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:25 pm

The Minutemen? It seems like that is their long term goal.

Amber Hubbard

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 am

There are major differences between Maxson's BOS (What are they called now by the way) and the Western BOS, not least that they are obviously still recruiting new blood rather than being isolationist.

I haven't finish the main story yet, but I don't see a major shift away from Lyons' doctrine for his BOS beyond a new energy, sense of purpose and a more rational thinking behind helping civilians......I cannot see Maxson giving purified water away, unless its to aid in the recuitment of new recuits to the BOS ranks or gains the BOS resources.

FoReVeR_Me_N

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:12 am

And we all know what happened to Merlin... ;)

Prisca Lacour

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:13 am

Except they svck and you have to figuratively hand-hold every citizen under Minutemen protection. Too much work. Thanks for making me General of nothing Garvey.

Taylrea Teodor

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:30 am

So you killed fawkes? Even after he tried to risk his life to save you?

If you didnt, then how can you believe that the BoS are currently right in what they are doing? If fawkes was here, the BoS would kill him simply because he is a mutant. Is that just? There will always bad people, it doesnt mean that we should destroy the world because of those bad people.
Averielle Garcia

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:21 am

The difference between the real world and Fallout's is that ,in the real world, 99% of people are actually fairly good, in Fallout, 99% of ghouls are feral, 99% of Vault 87 super mutants are mindless monsters who only kill, and 99% of synths are crazy and just go around destroying everything.

Also, I get the BoS to spare the 1% of good ones, I got them to spare both

Spoiler
Danse and Virgil

RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:40 am

You havent watched the news in the last 20 years now have you?

The majority of people in our reality are selfish and egocentric, not fairly good at all.

Portions

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 am

That is a fundamental part of being human, and not what I would consider being evil.

luis dejesus

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:46 am

Might just by my INFJ pov, but in my experience most people only like to pretend they're out for themselves.

Queen of Spades

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:42 am

That actually existed.

The Commonwealth of Allied Settlements united all of the settlements and the Minutemen were its army.

Then the Institute destroyed it because they were afraid they'd become a danger.

[censored] the Institute.

As for Elder Maxson, the problem is Ghouls are actually a people which exist in huge numbers because of the abundance of radiation in the Commonwealth and other parts of the world plus the fact billions died during the Great War. As a result, they don't NEED to kill all ghouls other than being huge bigots.

Andrew Tarango

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:05 am

No, thats not what happened.

The Mintuemen existed, and helped protect people, and at one point various settlements tried to go together to form an actual government, but The Institute destroyed that, but the two groups were not related.

Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:11 am

I really like what they did to the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 4. They're a much more lore-friendly and authentic chapter than what we saw in Fallout 3. Hoarding technology and preserving humanity by any means necessary was the entire point of the Brotherhood. It does seem Maxson learned some of the DC Chapter's way, as they are seen protecting civilians quite a bit as you explore the Commonwealth.

With that said, I'm surprised nobody noticed their haircut. Elder Maxson, Paladin Brandis, and a lot of the other male members have that German military haircut from WW2, with short sides, and the slicked back hair.

sara OMAR

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:11 pm

They also administer "purity" tests to new recruits.

As for Fallout 3, I like Elder Lyons with the element of tragedy they had.

Though I think a lot of fans missed what a major screw up he was even then. He was on the verge of his chapter being annihilated due to his attempts to do the right thing.

мistrєss

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:23 am

Answer to the first one the western elders appointed him elder and it's implied that he's only a pawn for them, possibly to make an army powerful enough to take on the NCR.
The second one its stated that a group of the brotherhood didn't like the direction Maxson was going and deserted in protest, I belive that's were the members who supported Lyon's goal went (ex.the LW,Lyon's pride, paladin cross a number of the scribes ect)
Kristian Perez

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 am

The West Coast Elders are going to latch on to any coat tail of glory, considering they're a bunch of fanatic cultists holed up in prewar bunkers that the NCR hasn't bothered to flush out yet.

Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:37 am

Ironically, he was still doing better than his counterparts in the west (or rather, better than how they'd fare in the near future). At least he was still able to mount operations and recruit new blood. True, this was largely due to the fact that the western Brotherhood had the NCR to contend with, but it was their own fault for turning the NCR from (at worst) a pushy neighbor into a vengeful enemy.
Darren

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion