Minutemen - No Quincy Mission?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm

It does feel like there was an idea for a quest there. Lots of those gunners are named. There's notes and tapes talking about Captain Wes which leads you to him at the Gunners Plaza. It's pretty much a hunt down and kill the leader of the gunners quest line without any actual quest to do so.

Natalie Taylor

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm

More like Minutement-No quality Anything

They had so much potential to have an amazing story and quests but seems the energy was spent on garvey's spamming of useless/repeatable quests.

joseluis perez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Pun intended? ;)
Beat freak

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:17 am

I'm a bit surprised to hear Preston doesn't have something to say about Quincy. I've been there, but not with him. I assumed it would be tied in with his personal story.

Maybe it will be patched in later? We know there is going to be more stuff after Far Harbour.
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Your point of view doesnt make any sense. Glad you dont develop the game now, because a small chance remains the problem will be fixed by Bethesda. Minutemen are indeed unfinished.
Stryke Force

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:11 pm

I think Quincy should've been the proven grounds for the Sole Survivor to show Preston that he or she is worthy of the title of General. Only after taking back Quincy should the SS be promoted to General.

Hella Beast

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 am

That would have been a great quest.

neil slattery

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:28 am

I thought about taking Preston with me when I took on Quincy to see if he had any comments about the place, but that would have involved taking Preston with me when I took on Quincy and I realized that the payoff couldn't possibly be worth it. :)

Queen

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:56 am

Im going to wait and go trap all the enemies in Quincy and put them in an area. Then ill put Garvey alone in there and hopefully hell survive. Im not really optimistic though. :)

kyle pinchen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:40 pm

When I played FNV, I always brought Boone with me to Caesar's Fortress to take out "Kai-sar", because he has unique dialog after killing him or seeing him die and I felt like I owed it to Boone to allow him to drink from the cup of revenge. I feel the same way about Preston, he also should have the same opportunity that I gave to Boone, even though I'm not a fan of Preston, I find him quite annoying, but still he deserves a second chance to get even with the gunners, especially that traitor Clint. I don't think it should be Preston's companion quest, but more along the lines of adding legitimacy to the rank of MM General by making the SS actually work for that rank, because taking back Quincy wouldn't be an easy task especially at low levels. Besides I don't want Preston as a companion, Dogmeat is annoying, but Preston gives the word a whole new meaning.

Vivien

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:44 pm

nope, the purpose of the game isn't to pacify the entire map and eliminate all human enemies, elminating quincy ruins as a battleground = BAD IDEA, making most of the map "friendly" BAD IDEA, these ideas are stupid actually and at first glance it seems like , yeah that would be cool, but it wouldn't be cool, quincy ruins is a big area, WAY too big for a settlement and there would be nothing to do there if it was a settlement, maybe a small section of it for a settlement, it would of had to been built in and then left the rest of the area to respawn ememies to have something to fight but to just pacify all these good battlegrounds actually is a very unsound idea and not well thought out.

Vahpie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Cool idea OP! I wish at the very least that taking down quincy would make the longs happy! Or atleast that they would mention sonething! Cheer up Marcy and Jun, i got revenge for u! Sure i was just trying to get billy back to his home... But thats cause i didnt know about all that till i read some terminals in Quincy!
Hot

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:01 am

Well FO4 is a Role playing game so saying that the purpose of game isn't this or that is hardly correct since the purpose/goal changes from one player to another, from one play through to another

and from one faction to another. The SS goal is primarily to find his/her son and the one who murdered their spouse, but the other factions have their own goals/ambitions.

The MM goal is to re-build the Minutemen and to take back the CW "one piece at a time".

So this how I would like the MM quest line to be but I also think that freedom of choice (role playing) should be implemented since I respect that others do not want it like this.

So don't call it stupid just because you disagree/are of different opinion.

So I disagree that it is stupid to have the MM take Quincy back since it makes allot of sense from a story point of view since Quincy is a very important locations in the MM history. I can agree with

that Q is too bog to be a settlement in it's entirety just like Jamaica Plain is but that is solved by using only a part of the locations as a settlement zone. Then, ok clearing the entire map of hostile

is too much/ambitious. Especially down town might/should be hard However the MM should at least be able take back not only Quincy but they should also be able to capture other strategic

locations such as radio towers, Gunners Plaza (since GP is television broadcasting building) and some of military installations/forts in the CW (after you have finished the MQ) Along with

the establishment of farms close to these locations.

The purpose with this is to re-establish the MM as well as a first step to make them a regular army.

Obviously not all at locations once but "one piece at a time" as Preston says. Like with the castle you need a certain number of settlements (and I think a certain amount of settlers)

and you'll be able to take a minor location (like a radio tower) but to take Q and GP you/MM would need to be very strong with many settlements and settlers to recruit soldiers from.

So GP and Q should be the two last locations on the re-build MM quest line.

Sure Q and GP are two very good places to farm XP/weapons/ammo/apparel/equipment but personally I am not fond of re-clearing the same locations over and over

again for eternity. If you don't want to clear/capture these locations then just don't do the quests.

Lisha Boo

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 am

As much as I hate the idea of losing Quincy as battle ground , I agree that the place returning to MM makes so much sense that is indeed weird that Bethesda hasn't made a quest for that area.

krystal sowten

Previous

Return to Fallout 4