Would you like to see an old Elder Scrolls game remastered?

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 2:24 pm

I want a remaster of "Wayne Gretzky Hockey," to be played in the Sutch arena.

Katy Hogben

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:39 am

this is the issue

yes the old Elder Scrolls titles are good games, but there were even greater games out there in the past.. where do we draw the line? why should a TES game be given better treatment than every other masterpiece in the past 30 years?

this is why the only time i really support remasters are when a game becomes old and hard to obtain ( and even then mainly so it could than be avaliable via digital means), TES games however are extremely easy and cheap to get ahold of (being able to buy a used XB360 or PS3 for less than a remastered Skyrim would cost, and likely a copy of Skyrim or oblivion at the same pawnshop [and even then if not you can still grab them from the digital stores])

Natalie Taylor

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 pm

I'd love to see updated/remastered versions of the older games. Arena and Daggerfall having to run through DOSbox is kind of a joke, tbh. I also want to see Morrowind with modern graphics (no not mods). It's easily the best world Beth has ever made. I want the opportunity to see how it would look, now.

Elina

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 10:19 am

They're tied up enough as it is. No official remaster for the foreseeable future.
Micah Judaeah

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:52 am

I think if they ever chose to do this, it'd be done by an external studio rather than BGS.

Anyway to answer the question, for financial reasons they'd surely remake Skyrim before any other option. It's more popular than all other titles combined, and is in an early version of the Creation Engine so porting would be easier. Plus, being more recent there's just less gaping chasms to bridge in order to bring it up to speed with modern standards.

Something like Morrowind, by contrast, would need to be rebuilt from the ground up with new animations, overhauled combat, voice acting, etc etc. It's possible, sure, but not likely to find the same audience that Skyrim 2.0 would.

Emma Pennington

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Daggerfall on consoles doesnt even need a graphical touch up just make it so it can be controlled with a controller.
Campbell

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion