Would you like to see an old Elder Scrolls game remastered?

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 6:23 pm

I feel like some of the older Elder Scrolls games would benefit from a remaster, If Bethesda were to remaster an old Elder Scrolls game, which game would you want it to be?

I feel like Daggerfall would be great with modern graphics and a fresh new feel. On the other hand, I would like Bethesda to focus on ES VI, and making a remaster might distract them from that.

What do you think?

Marlo Stanfield

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:24 am

I would say The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I would choose The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, but it does not need it since we have OpenMW and I don't want to think what Bethesda Game Studios would do to a remastered The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Bethesda Game Studios can hire another video game development studio to do the remasters for the video games that they developed. Bethesda Game Studios can hire 4J Studios to do the remasters.

dav

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:39 pm

I think it would be nice to see a new version of Redguard. The game always been a technical mess, being an outdated DOS game using 3DFX when all the other games were already for Windows using DirectX, and getting it to work well on modern computers can be a bit tricky. Not only that, it always been a controller game at heart too, so releasing it for consoles makes all the sense in the world.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 10:21 am

How many threads do we need about this??

Javaun Thompson

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 8:06 am

Agree on this. The one human race I actually like thoroughly, but also a game whose concept was not justified by the final product.

sleventeenillion.

Donald Richards

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 10:12 am

Why so upset? We haven't had a new "remaster" thread in over a week, so we're long overdue for at least a few more.

Ross Thomas

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 8:34 pm

No to remasters, unless it's one of the spin-offs. Yes to a complete overhaul of Oblivion. The world should be at least ten times larger, with several villages, towns and even some smaller cities beside the main cities (rather than a few tiny settlements that's not even big enough to be considered villages). The Imperial Legion should be joinable, and each Chapel should have its own joinable faction. I also think Daedra worshippers should be treated similarly to the Dissident Priests in Morrowind. Speaking of which, to add more drama to the main quest I think Martin Septim should originally be the main suspect as the leader of the Mythic Dawn. It's established canon that he used to practise daedric magic. I think that should've had a much bigger impact on the main storyline. Perhaps in this version he's not a priest of Akatosh, but a Daedra worshipper. At least in the beginning. I think the assassin who kills the emperor should have a note on him signed by an M, which leads Jaufree to suspect Martin (it's not before later you learn that M stands for Mankar). I aso think that Jaufree should really not trust Martin, and that Martin should only win him and the Blades over gradually. Furthermore, I think that at least one of the emperors legitimate sons should be alive in the beginning (perhaps as a prisoner in Oblivion).

Nims

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 1:18 pm

You might enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baV3dFX9uv4 by Zaric Zhakaron. He puts forward several of the ideas you mention (including these two).

Lory Da Costa

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 5:56 pm

I really like this idea. I feel like Oblivion could've used a little more drama and a more fleshed-out world. Your proposed changes to the main quest would make it more intriguing and less monotonous. When I first played Oblivion, I didn't want to do the main quest, instead going to the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild and returning to the main quest later.

Lexy Corpsey

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd like to see Redguard and Daggerfall remastered. Never played RG but heard good things, and I never got into the control scheme in Daggerfall.

Jesus Duran

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Where do you think I got my main quest ideas from?

Floor Punch

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 10:53 am

That is why I voted Oblivion. Oblivion could've been should've been so much better.

Prue

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 pm

Being selfish, I'd say that I'd like be to see them all re-made, with fantastic graphics, voice acting etc. Oblivion is my first ES game so this would be very interesting to see it re-done.

Thing is, I understand why Bethesda do not do this with their games (although they would still make a bomb remastering them as people would easily re-buy and play them) as they are always looking for newer, and bigger things.

For me personally though, surely the nostalgia that comes with these games would be gone if made anew? So I am torn. But I would say Oblivion.
Horror- Puppe

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Arena, because there isn't one yet. Also, I'd love to pick Daggerfall too, if I can double vote.

Eddie Howe

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 12:26 pm

morrowind goty sould be one to be remastered or remestering both morrowind goty and oblivion gotyand selling them as a collectible packed

jasminε

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 8:19 am

Do I want a prior game with a new coat of paint, or a brand-new game that furthers the overall story and series?

For me, it's the latter, every time. If I get nostalgic, I'll dust off the old CD and stick it in my computer to play.

Prue

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:33 pm

If they could I would say arena and daggerfall if they could updste the graphics and game play but keep the same size. But I don't see that happening any time soon.so I'm gonna have to go with oblivion like what I was saying in my thread Oblivion remake same game just better
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:32 am

As Marss said, if it's a choice between revisiting someplace where we've already been and tapped out for over a decade, or getting a new culture. plotline, and province to explore for the first time, there's no contest in my mind.

If a remake or remaster ends up "updating" all of the things I liked about the old games, and substitutes new game mechanics and "features" that I hate, why would I buy it? I've already done the plotline, I've already seen the province, I've already gotten to know and at least partly understand the culture. Cut down the dialog to 10% of the old game by using fully voiced dialog? Remove half of the options and choices? Take away the chance of failure and make it pointless to improve? Remove half of the spells and half of the equipment to focus on better graphics for the little that's left? No reasons to buy, lots of reasons to ignore.

Christina Trayler

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 10:50 am

At most I want to see a good port of the mobile games.
Daramis McGee

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:29 am

I voted "No Remaster". :no: :nono: Thanks.

George PUluse

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 6:26 pm

^ This.

Helen Quill

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:58 am

I think Bethesda should do nothing but remasters from now on. That seems to be what people want. Why bother making new games when all people ask for are the old games again?

Hey, it works for Hollywood. The ticket-buying public today seems to crave reboots of remakes of prequels of sequels of remakes of reboots of movies based on comic books. Why not do do the same with video games? There are billions to be made from people who want safe, recycled entertainment!

Angela Woods

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 pm

TES VII: Elder Scrolls Tetris - "Block shut the jaws of Oblivion".

TES VIII: Elder Scrolls Monopoly - "Do not pass Daggerfall, do not collect 200 Septims".

Yes, remakes of classic games from now on....

Roberto Gaeta

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 pm

I agree, with you for the most part, but I feel like Bethesda should focus 100% on ES: VI and not on remastering some older game. If they were to remaster something, however, I was curious which game would deserve it more.

Natalie J Webster

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 6:12 am

Yes yes YES! If I could play either Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim remastered on my PS4 I would be do it in a heartbeat. Despite the 50/50 split on this poll I think Elder Scrolls remasters for current gen consoles would be incredibly popular, and I really don't know why Bethesda haven't done it yet. Can you imagine the hype for an Oblivion/Skyrim remaster? It's a no-brainer IMO. Just do it already, or contract the job out to someone who will.

Danny Warner

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion