Games Sales & Deals (GOG, Steam, etc...) 2

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Yeah, really agree. Pillars felt bland, uninspired, generic and boring. I felt that Divinity's world just had more life and character to it. I loved the characters, humor, combat, environment, and story.

Milad Hajipour

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Spoiler
Oh, a murder mystery in a fantasy realm, awesome. WHEN SUDDENLY! You're the chosen one, fetch these here blue rocks to save time itself!

You thought this was good?
Steve Smith

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:16 pm

It might be cliche, but I found the delivery of it pretty good. Pillars falls under the every Obsidian game ever cliche. A shame really, I really liked the mechanics of that game but it's just so dull and lifeless. I forced myself to beat it once, hoping that I might find it interesting which didn't happen.I have no intentions of touching it again, unlike Original Sin which I enjoy playing over and over again.

Obsidian has a habit of running out of time. :P

Alada Vaginah

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:05 am

The world is fine, they just chose one the least interesting regions of it. The sequel will most likely take place around Revua and parts of the Deadfire Archipelago, which maybe isn't the most unique place ever, but should be a good setting for political intrigue and strange animantic science. Hopefully we'll get meaningful factions this time.

One strong advantage D:OS has is its lightheartedness, even when dealing with darker themes. It's a breath of fresh air in today's media rife with grittiness and anti-heroes. I guess my problem is that I enjoy it occasionally, but quickly tire of it, so I'm not too excited about 60 hours of this kind of humor.

Yeah, but when they finally got a chance of doing their own thing, I expected them to have a clear vision of what it actually is they want to do. But in the end the pressure of going mad fell flat and the pacing was off. However, I think their lack of experience with Kickstarter is partially to blame - stronghold, megadungeon, second city opening up right when the main quest should be wrapping up... All stretch goals, all misplaced resources. Hence all the game-changing patches in the following months. I feel more and more like there's no point in playing any games less than a year after release. :P
Jessica Lloyd

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:01 pm

I bought Galactic Civ 3 and all the expansions. That's it for me, my Steam account is depleted! I really wanted Hearts of Iron IV, but it's just too new to be on sale.
James Shaw

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:09 am

I haven't made it very far yet, but I hope I end up with a different opinion. I need my tactical combat fix. I also need more time to play games. Why, oh why did we decide to have a kid!?!? ;)

I think they have too many people with ideas there, and too strong a desire to "break the mold" with every title they develop. It seems like it leads to a lot of scope problems. I'm about 50/50 with Obsidian. I have no interest in some of their games, while others are among my favorite games of the past decade. South Park: The Stick of Truth was a surprise hit with me. IMO it was one of the all-around most entertaining and polished games I played in 2014, and I didn't go into it expecting much.

Samantha Pattison

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:56 pm

You play games about robot love?!? :lol:

(sorry... I just couldn't resist :) )

vanuza

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 pm

I think you might be thinking of- er, something else...of Iron IV.

Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:19 am

The new System Shock demo is free to play on Gog.

Alexander Lee

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:59 pm

PSN rolling out another 2 sets of week long sales, first one runs through July 5th.

Notable title for sale - Doom is 40% off, currently $35.99.

Also note it is the same on Steam.
Jessica Raven

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:15 am

To be honest I think it is for the better. HOI2 is one of my top 5 favorite games ever but HOI IV is the first PDS game I that I didn't pre-order or buy on release day since EURome (2008) as I was burned badly on HOI3 and didn't really like the direction that it appeared HOI4 was taking during development. I really think it is going to need quite a bit of development before it gets anywhere near a game I would want to spend much time with.

Wait for some patches and DLC and a better price and you will be better off than all of the early adopters.

[Bounty][Ben]

Previous

Return to Othor Games