The Elder Scrolls VI is a long ways off discussion #3.

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:50 am

Actually TES VI will probably start being developed somewhere between 2023 and 2025. My prediction is that Starfield is coming in 2019, and Fallout 5 in 2022 or 2023. I can't imagine they would wait until around 2030 to do Fallout 5, so I'm guessing it might be one of the two games they're making before TES VI.

Well even longtime fans have never really had to wait more than a decade for the next installment of the main series. If I'm right about TES VI coming out in 2027, that would be a whopping 16 year gap between numbered games. Even if it's coming in 2025, it's still almost a decade and a half since Skyrim.
Claudz

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Ok, well, that seems to clear up any confusion. Looks like he has confirmed what Todd Howard said before: TES6 will come, but it will be many years before it does. Not good news, but at least we know what to expect.

In the meantime, I hope they'll fix their lip-sync bug in the remastered edition of Skyrim.

Meghan Terry

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:05 pm

I completely agree. Its really sad and I can't even believe I'm writting this. But as we were talking some posts ago...this seems the end of TES.

Clearly Zenimax is changing the business model and TES is now just the rainbowfarting crown ESO store....you have to be blind to not see it...this reminds me the fights I had in Fallout 4 forums when I said the voiced protagonist was one of the biggest mistakes by Bethesda ever and people almost killed me....well just some weeks ago even Todd said it didn't work as expected.

Me and others were almost killed too in ESO forums almost 2 years ago when we said the game was clearly going b2p/f2p path plus crown store based model. When we said they would fill the store with casual items...when we said the game was going the casual path...

Same now...people saying to me and others that we are just mad people doomsaying and in the meantime the whole thing is happening.

Bethesda CLEARLY wants TES to be silenced and forgotten. In fact, to talk about TES is annoying and disgusting for Bethesda now.
Mason Nevitt

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 pm

I think you're being way too pessimistic. I've been thinking about why Fallout 4 was so meagre, despite some four years with Skyrim DLC:s as the only apparent distraction. One explanation could be that they were working on both these unannounced projects already then, in parallell with Fallout. That Giant Monster News thing Zenimax have trademarked was first filed for in 2009. Starfield in 2013. If we allow a stretch and guess both are BGS games (it's not unlikely - they've always trademarked their titles in the past at the beginning of the development cycle, and GMN and Starfield are the only unannounced game patents Zenimax have currently) we could very well see GMN in 2017, in which case I'd also guess Starfield lands in 2019. That would leave 2022 a pretty reasonable, even conservative perhaps, guess for TES VI - which could also be why Hines said he'd joked about the "22/22/22" release date with Howard. Had there been enough months it could very well have been about when we'd see it.

Note also that they've begun talking about TES VI now all of a sudden just as Fallout 4's DLCs have been wrapped up. That could have freed up enough people to make room for starting coding TES VI as soon as people are back from the holidays in August. If they rather focus on the two they already have going, well then I bet they'd start as soon as the first of them hits the shelves - which I insist could very well be already in 2017 as per the above. Either way, from the info we have currently release dates past 2022 seems like longshots, and production starts are virtually out of the question from my way of seeing things. Keep in mind also that they're two studios now, which could even speed things up to a quicker cadence than we're used to, assuming Montreal isn't kept exclusively for remasters and mobile stuff. Although I think two years would be about the minimum in order for them not to begin competing with themselves.

Manuel rivera

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:16 am

You two have some of the weirdest ways of interpreting news I've ever seen.

Howard: We're making TES VI!

We: Cool.

You: Oh no god please gosh no this can't be happening they're abandoning the elder scrolls series!!!!!

Josh Trembly

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:16 pm

I dont think your wording fits with what is really happening at the moment regarding TES statements by Pete Hines.

But hey,I would like to think like you. I wouldn't be as worried as I am. I would love to be wrong.
Donald Richards

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:14 am

Oh please. Todd Howard has said multiple times that they will make more TES games. Bethesda and TES are one and the same.

HL was Valve's cash-cow, then they made more money doing other things. This is not the case with Bethesda.

I think it'll be interesting to see what Bethesda does next, especially if it's a new IP. I'll still be here(hopefully) when TES: 6 comes out and if that will take 6 more years then fine, that's how it is.

Sian Ennis

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:09 pm

People like to imagine that Bethesda's this big family. They're not all the same people that worked on Morrowind and Oblivion. Why do you think Skyrim is so different from Morrowind? They haven't got sick of the series, because at least half of the employees have only started working on the series with Skyrim.

If it were the size of the team they're worried about, they could just branch out and expand. They have the money to do so. The reason people argue that they haven't is because the would take the heart away from The Elder Scrolls games, but if they're planning on abandoning it surely they wouldn't care and would just have a separate branch work on it?

Valve as an example is pretty awful. They have many cash cows, all of which have been abandoned after the second instalment. Skyrim is one of the biggest games of all time, as the masses still play it and rave about it today. Since Bethesda isn't Valve, they won't be abandoning any time soon. The longer waits between games is starting to scare me and I wish they would branch out and expand because the argument the only argument against it is that it would lose its heart, which is stupid because, as I said, they're not a big family. They're a company.
Marquis deVille

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 am

The worrying thing is, if the new release pattern is a game a decade, and each game is a province, that would make me 83 by the time we see each province, which is ridiculous considering I was only thirteen with Skyrim. Back when it came out, I imagined a game every half a decade, and that The Elder Scrolls might make it just long enough to see that happen, but now I'm starting to hope for two provinces in one game, something I hated the idea of before (post Daggerfall), as The Elder Scrolls will definitely not last long enough to see each province. I'm not that excited about new projects and IPs. I like Bethesda's games, but I'm an Elder Scrolls fan. Loving one doesn't mean loving all others. So the news is just making me sadder and sadder. I do hope they give us some lore to pass the time. Maybe let another company make a spin off.
Lew.p

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:05 am

Why get sad that Bethesda Game Studios is developing their own two new AAA Intelectual Property (IP) video game franchises? They need to expand and have let their creative freedom grow.

The Bethesda Game Studios employees can't just keep on developing sequels of The Elder Scrolls video games and sequels of the Fallout video games forever.

This creative freedom will let the Bethesda Game Studios employees take time off from developing the The Elder Scrolls video games and the Fallout video games and then come back to developing them refreshed and not burnt out.

alyssa ALYSSA

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion