[WIPz] COdA - Comprehensive Overhaul di Adagio

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:41 pm

I thought I posted a pm instead a reply here lol. Thanks :smile:

I think its not 100% done yet, we will let you know. Player voices can be disabled with a few options using the config scroll you receive once you first talked to an NPC after installing the mod.
El Goose

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:42 pm

just giving this a nudge to see how it's coming along, listened to the soundtrack you have so far on the chanel and it sounds really dope, though maybe some of the songs have a bit of a...slow...pace to them, which i cna understand for some of the dreary tracks...

Hayley O'Gara

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:20 am

Just a bit of a progress update on this:

I've worked closely with Greatness7 and with a lot of his help we were able to get a working dungeon music plugin created. I need to do some more testing to make sure that it doesn't have any immediate kinks to be worked out but I should be able to get a beta of this mod up once that's ready.

Secondly, as you might remember, I begun composing some "palette" tracks, which I am quite satisfied with. I plan to compose more of them as well, having unique music palettes for each region based on their core design themes. For instance, the Ashlands and Molag Amur would have more dreary palettes but with a slight optimistic tone to them at times. The Ascadian Isles will be blissful and serene, etc.

This being said, with how much I enjoy working on my own compositions, and how much better they sound than just sampling and messing with Morrowind's original soundtrack, I eventually plan to rescore the COdA soundtrack from scratch. I may even compose some completely new tracks as well. This way I will be free to release the end result without fear of a possible copyright claim being a pain later, and I'll be able to release a lossless version of the soundtrack on my Bandcamp as well.

Still though, while I have begun the initial steps to rescore the mod's soundtrack, this is a huge task, and could take a while. Since I already have a soundtrack to work with, I'll be continuing trying to complete the mod's functionality, and making it behave in the way I think it should.

At any rate, you're in for a treat with the dungeon music plugin. It works pretty much flawlessly, and even handles triggering battle music in a much more convenient way than vanilla. I won't say too much though, you'll have to wait and see. :)

matt white

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Update, I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szU_H_BWqvQ for reorchestrating the atmosphere tracks. Right now on my end I'm working on re-orchestrating the COdA soundtrack, after I'm done recreating all the existing tracks, I may write some of my own, and I'll definitely finish composing palette tracks for the different regions.

Greatness7 is writing a plugin for the mod, and I must say you'll be pleasantly surprised by his plans with it! But I won't spoil what's coming on that end, I'd rather let Greatness tell you. :D

Hayley Bristow

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 am

Hey, just letting everyone know, I've renamed this project "COdA" or "Comprehensive Overhaul di Adagio". More on that later.

As for progress, I've finished reorchestrating the atmospheres and am going to be moving on to the dungeon and dreary explore tracks soon, and Greatness7 has been working hard on getting all the systems in place in the plugin. Hopefully we'll create an experience in a fluid and non-invasive ingame implementation that will allow people to just plug tracks in and play without feature creep or needing to manually edit scripts.

Keep an eye on this project, it's progressing quite well. :)

Casey

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind