Why isn't TES 6 in development?

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:01 am

A completely seamless game world? All dungeons, cities, houses etc are in the same worldspace as the main world - which again is much larger than the previous three games?

Brandon Wilson

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:04 am

Well, in that interview I saw (july 2016) Todd Howard said, that now they do have 2-3 projects, not minor - quite big actually, but not really games, which have to be finished before TES VI. And one of those projects is Fallout VR, then they will see.

So I assumed, that if VR will turn out to be working well and if they will be able to deal with all the technical problems, then they can start working with VR. So I was surprised when someone said here, that they are planning 2 big open world games. Also it takes like 5 years to do a game, that has known lore background - so 2 big completelly new AAA titles? I don't know... so my bet is that VR.

And about the announcement - I wouldn't call it lying if they have that agreement and everyone knows about it and they get nothing out of it... It looks more like funny - awkward :P So it is not that I would be against it - just it is a bit wierd.

And about VR - I was thinking too that if the development of VR would take too long, they could save it for another game and release TES VI without it, on the other hand if the reason is a new engine, I wouldn't mind having the game later with an engine capable of more - after what I saw in Fallout 4 - how the game was half of what it could be...

Jade MacSpade

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 am

From the interviews I've read, the other two games BGS are working on have the same open world style gameplay. So, gameplay-wise they're still honing in on the same thing they always have been, just with a completely new world and setting that's not TES's sword-and-sorcery fantasy or Fallout's post-apocalyptic wasteland. They're new IPs applied to their standard gameplay formula.

Miss Hayley

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Some examples of the new IPs they are likely working, could be settings such as a modern superhero based world or a futuristic star wars style setting. Whatever the setting, they can experiment with them, without risking their well established franchises.

Jon O

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion