Do you know what would be cool if Bethesda did it?

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Would be nice do have another DLC for SSE, but they haven't said anything of the sort. First though, i would like them to finish patching the game properly so quests complete every time without bugging out and forcing the player to start over or going back to an older save. That would be the bare minimum patch I expect, along with some controls fixes.

I mean look at Diablo 3. It released only half a year later and they're still making huge patches for it that sometimes even adds new minor content.

lucy chadwick

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:21 am

the idea of adding new DLC's to the already existing game is a great idea, they could release 1 or 2 big DLC a year & all the fixes if you go down this path, ppl will want a bug free game if they are to buy DLC's

this would create great revenue for Bethesda & would keep all its Skyrim fans happy ............BUT, if this is a success and it becomes the NORM it will kill of any need to make a new game (Scrolls 6) and it might end up bloating Skyrim with useless contents and silly quest lines that you could install your self using mods

would love a DLC, a real good one, some new quests and maybe a introduction to what direction # 6 is heading .........something to keep me hanging

Laura Simmonds

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:36 pm

They'd still need to make a new game. They've been crippled by the current engine (or various iterations of this engine) for years. It shares code with Morrowind (Gamebryo). So while they could push new content, they'd still have to make a new game engine sooner or later (and thus, a new game).

Rusty Billiot

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:47 pm

That is the number one reason why I love VALVe for the video games that they develop and Blizzard Entertainment for the video games that they develop because they support their video game engines and their video games with patches to fix the video games and add new content and a lot of the content for free for 10+ years, probably even forever depending on situations.

World of Warcraft is going to be thirteen years old this year in November and Blizzard Entertainment releases small patches every week on Tuesday when they do server maintenance and restarts and releases new expansion packs for sale every two years.

VALVe still releases patches for the Source Engine and for Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source which will all also be thirteen years old this year as well. For the Source Engine and Half-Life 2 VALVe doesn't release as many patches every year for them as Blizzard Entertainment does for World of Warcraft, but at least one patch or so once a year. Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive get a bunch of patches and new content released a few times every month to like every three months or so.

I really wish Bethesda Game Studios would take this approach, they can still develop brand new video games while still releasing patches for their classic old video games that they have released for sale already.

Blizzard Entertainment has World of Warcraft, Diablo III, Overwatch, and a few Free to Play (F2P) video games and Blizzard Entertainment works on developing patches for all of their video games and they will be releasing more brand new video games in the next five or so years for sale.

If Blizzard Entertainment can do it and VALVe can do it, so can Bethesda Game Studios.

Bethesda Game Studios can keep like five employees or ten employees to developing and releasing patches for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Fallout 4 if they want to.

One intern from Rockstar apparently fixed a few bugs for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV like in December of 2016. Grand Theft Auto IV is nine years old this year.

I think supporting video game engines and video games, not necessarily with brand new graphics and resolutions, but fixing bugs and improving performance issues as much as they can that they should.

Bethesda Game Studios can fix a lot of bugs with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivon and Fallout 3 that PC gamers who make mods have fixed with the Unofficial Patches like Arthmoor and others do.

Jonathan Braz

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:20 pm

Well, the pay model is different for both WoW and TES. Oblivion and Skyrim were one time purchases whereas WoW is a subscription to play. If I'm paying a monthly fee to play, I am damn well going to DEMAND patches. Nevermind not being able to play when your internet acts up or they're doing maintenance. Diablo 3 is more of a similar pay model as Skyrim. Main difference is you have to to be online to play.

I wouldn't be surprised the Valve devs might being patching those really old games on their own time or perhaps some 3rd party devs working on it to keep their skills sharp.

If BGS already had a Skyrim remaster planned for some time, I'm very surprised they didn't keep a handful of devs on hand to work some patches or at least fix much of the bugs for Special Edition before they compiled the source code.

I wonder though if BGS does decide to start patching some of these things if it will throw the unofficial patches and existing mods into some disarray.

K J S

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source is a one time purchase and VALVe still updates them with bug fixes and updates to the Source Engine.

Overwatch is a one time purchase. It has microtransactions you can purchase, but you don't need to purchase them and Blizzard Entertainment said they plan to support Overwatch for like ten years.

I'm sure Blizzard Entertainment will be supporting Diablo III for ten years or more as well.

sharon

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:40 am

Ironically people think Skyrim has too many chronic complainers. Diablo 3 has their fair share of them too, if not worse than the TES ones IMO.

Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Well what I see right now is Bethesda Game Studios is releasing a patch for better graphics for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) Pro version of Fallout 4 and a new patch 1.8 for the PC version of Fallout 4 with even more better textures and increased draw distances.

For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Bethesda Game Studios released patch 1.4 in beta today and it will be out of beta supposedly by March.

Bethesda Game Studios will The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for sale for the Nintendo Switch and the Xbox Scorpio.

Supposedly someone who looked at the Nintendo Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition they saw that the draw distance was way more improved than the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, but with less foliage.

So I'm thinking, what if this is a start for Bethesda Game Studios to start supporting both Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition for like at least three years?

What would you say if Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition got even more patches near the end of 2017 and in 2018 for the PC, PlayStation 4 (PS4) Pro, and Xbox Scorpio. As well as maybe release one or two more expansion packs for sale?

Anna Beattie

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:17 am

Personally.... I would prefer that beth work on TES VI. As far as patches - I don't need them. My games (original Skyrim and SSE) work perfectly the way they are. And no, I don't want DLCs - I want TES VI. As long as it's not VR.

A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:07 pm

That's good to hear / a good sign. I was afraid maybe they were putting a hiatus on it. Perhaps BGS devs have been away from Skyrim for so long they're still trying to recap all their product knowledge of the game. Hence the seemingly slow start.

I'm thinking the Nintendo Switch version will be the equivalent of Skyrim Legendary Edition more so than the Special Edition, so comparing the draw distance might be a bit skewed.

I definitely don't mind the idea of BGS continuing support for SSE.

Yama Pi

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim