Do you know what would be cool if Bethesda did it?

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 am

New skyrim expansion with new zone with continuation of the main story..

... and with one or two new perk trees for two or three new skills/abilities :)
T. tacks Rims

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 am

I'm already hearing the roaring sound of people digiting the answer: "it's not gonna happen, Bethesda said there won't be additional content", "it's a remaster, no new content" et cetera...

Kristian Perez

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 am

Yes, more content for Skyrim would definitive be cool.

The only question is, would an new TES-game not be even cooler?

kennedy

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:18 pm

It's been 5 years since Skyrim. If there were new content they would have released it by now.
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 pm

I've said a few times that Bethesda Game Studios should develop and release for sale one last expansion pack for Teh Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim taking our Player Characters (PC's) to a new land to finish off the Civil War quests lines.

Take the fight to the Thalmor at their homeland the Summerset Isles and choose a side depending on the situations.

Choose Jarl Ulfrik Stormcloak with a alliance with the Imperials and Redguards or choose the Thalmor with the Imperials, depending on what happens in situations for diplomacy why the Imperials will ally with either Jarl Ulfrik Stormcloak or the Thalmor.

Katie Pollard

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:04 pm

And every time I've read it, I'm thinking that this scenario would be enough for an own game. :)

Let's say, the civil-war ends and Skyrim declares his independence.

The Thalmor attack Cyrodiil.

An alliance of Redgard, Nords, Dunmer and Imperials fight them back and occupy the summerset-islands.

Now have a lot of sections:

1. Section still controlled by the Thalmor.

2. Section under control of altmer-rebels. And of course the Psijics-islands.

3. Section controlled by the Nord.

4. Section controlled by the Imperials.

5. Section controlled by the Redgards.

6. to 10. more sections until we have more than Skyrim did had provinces...

The problems of the Nords and Imperials: They don't trust each other. Both side assumes that the other will fight them at the first chance, to re-build the empire of Talos!

In that scenario, there would be so much place for secret-service-jobs that we would not need the Thieves-Guild and Dark-Brotherhood.

Just look a lot of agent-movies of the cold-war and divided Berlin, and transfer every cool idea into the TES-world. :)

Anthony Santillan

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 pm

If they like money, I'll give it to them.

maria Dwyer

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:12 pm

That's what mods are for and they're on X-Box One and PC. No they're not by Bethesda. But that's okay. You won't care once you start downloading mods. Some people have done a better job. Just play Fallout 4 sometime and you'll know what I mean by that.

Mr.Broom30

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:24 am

A expansion pack the way I describe it it doesn't need to be in another The Elder Scrolls video game.

The Summerset Isles are not that big and we can have our player Characters (PC's) travel by boat with a fade to black loading screen like in the Dragonborn expansion pack.

Amiee Kent

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Doing what you described doesn't do the Thalmor, or Dominion, any justice. Are you expecting that the PC would just be able to sail into Dominion Territory not harrased by their Navy, nor make any headway into the Isle without fighting their army? And if all that fighting is what you're expecting the DLC to be, it'd basically be the Civil War questline all over again.

Said questline had a lot of potential, but fell on its face due to its execution. If we are visiting the homeland of the Altmer, I'd expect us to do more than just fight the Thalmor.
louise tagg

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:23 pm

No that's why there are going to be quests to get your Player Character (PC) up to speed on the invasion and how to plan the attacks or repel the attacks.

We fight the Thalmor up to the point where we get to kill the leaders or force them to surrender and let worship of Talos happen or if we choose Jarl Ulfrik Stormcloaks side he wins and can be elected as a High King.

Or if we join the Thalmor side we repel the Stormcloak invasion and force and for the Stormcloaks into submission and keeping Talos worship banned.

jasminε

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:13 pm

It still sounds like it's not giving due justice to the Isles and lore of the Altmer, and is instead Civil War MKII.
Emily Jeffs

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:13 pm

I stand by my view that the Thalmor need to be defeated or at least surrender in the Summerset Isles for a last expansion pack in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

That's the justice I want to see done.

Flutterby

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:37 pm

That sounds like a whole game. The Thalmor aren't just Expansion material. They are the rebirth of the most timeless, foundational conflict in the setting. Mer vs Men. The goes back to the very gods.

Anthony Diaz

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:18 am

The Summerset Isles are not that big Bethesda Game Studios can develop the expansion pack to be as big as the Shivering Isles expansion pack for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and do a boat travel with a fade to black screen like the Dragonborn expansion pack for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Not a lot of people will agree with you. And when I say "justice", I don't mean in the crime and punishment sense, but the worldbuilding sense. For instance, the Civil War questline doesn't actually do Skyrim's Civil War any justice; all you do is complete a mission, take over a fort in a non-epic battle, and the city is captured offscreen. To avtually do it jysticr, the Civil War should've been a series of seiges like with Whiterun, Solitude, and Windhelm.

That is what I mean by your idea not doing the Isles any justice. Furthermore, in-universe, Summerset Isle is half the size of Skyrim, so ot'd be larger than Solstheim or the hidden vale.
LittleMiss

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Yes I understand what you said.

The justice also for completing the Civil War quests lines was never even given to us that a High King was never elected or a High Queen was never elected or both were never elected.

I don't think we really need a capture a fort here and capture a fort there for the Summerset Isles.

katie TWAVA

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm not talking about Summerset requiring a whole game. I mean the conflict itself is epic. Elves vs Men. It's not Expansion material, like Vampires or something.

JAY

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Well to just get the Thalmor defeated and allow worship of Talos or have the Stormcloaks be victorious you don't really need a whole new The Elder Scrolls video game for that.

That should be for something else.

Logan Greenwood

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:14 pm

You're right. We'd need far more than that, and that's something that I don't belive can be adequately shown in anything other than a full game.
Rowena

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:04 am

It's not just about Talos though. It's about Lorkhan. Which is why it's too Epic to be just an expansion.

Yama Pi

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm only interested in the Talos worship ban being lifted and a High King being elected or a High Queen being elected or both being elected.

Anything else after that should be in another The Elder Scrolls video game.

Svenja Hedrich

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Well then, that's simple. Brief questline that sees the Empire deciding to break the WGC after their success in Skyrim and revelation of an actual Thalmor plot against its sovreignty, or trying to gather additional suppport for Ulfric as High King and repairing burned bridges with the Empire in the aftermath of said Thalmor plot.

Thalmor can properly be explored in another TES game, and Skyrim ends with the definite rumblings of a second Great War starting.
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:44 pm

To be honest its a great idea, but they have two big ass projects under way right now. So yeah doubt it would happen.

I will tell you what they could do that would be cool with 64 bit Skyrim. They could actually restore the scrapped Civil War development. It wouldn't be a paid DLC, well it depends on what we are talking about with "restored". It would be awesome though, the current gen consoles with a 64 bit Skyrim can handle a LOT more then what is actually being thrown at it with the contents of SE alone. I say a lot, but definitely more, yes.

Chloe Lou

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:31 pm

I don't think the Thalmor are going away any time soon. If anything, I think the Empire will fall and the Aldmeri Dominion will become a new global super power. They were a super power before Talos used the Numidium to defeat them. It was the only way he could make his empire have a long term effect. Now that the Thalmor are back in power. The empire is going to have a hell of time taking them out again, and they will have to do it without using the Numidium this time.

Emma louise Wendelk

Next

Return to V - Skyrim