Pretty decent game but things i hoped to see

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:37 am

I kind of like this game however i was a little dissapointed after seeing all the fallout 2 references that there isnt boxing like in fallout 2 (at least not that i have seen).
there are only 4 complaints i have:
1. wished there was boxing
2. cant figure out why you can kill the so called "bad guys" legion, powder gangers ect. and you take their stuff it counts a negative karma. i mean i got postive karma for killing them so why is it bad to steal from a bad guy?
3. i hoped melee and un-armed would have been changed to where you could target certain body parts in vats mode like with guns
4. and i wished the targeting mode in vats was more like fallout 2. where you could hit them in the eyes to blind them or hit them in the groin. haha.
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 am

I kind of like this game however i was a little dissapointed after seeing all the fallout 2 references that there isnt boxing like in fallout 2 (at least not that i have seen).
2. cant figure out why you can kill the so called "bad guys" legion, powder gangers ect. and you take their stuff it counts a negative karma. i mean i got postive karma for killing them so why is it bad to steal from a bad guy?
3. i hoped melee and un-armed would have been changed to where you could target certain body parts in vats mode like with guns
4. and i wished the targeting mode in vats was more like fallout 2. where you could hit them in the eyes to blind them or hit them in the groin. haha.

All 4 would have been pretty cool to have.

I'm not complaining though, i'm satisfied with what they gave me. Maybe next game Beth or Obsidian might give those things a try.
El Goose

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

If you side with them then you "are" stealing from them.
By the way, we get good karma for killing PG's and Legionnaires? (Playing RDR right now until Dead Money is released, might have been a small thing that I never took notice of)
Trista Jim

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 am

I imagine this is an animation issue, it's easy to animate shooting different places but targeted melee attacks would be far more complex.
Ryan Lutz

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I was disappointed when certain "bunker dwellers" didn't say "We're watching you, scum!" to my character when i first met them, and i was also disappointed when Veronica had no comment about recruiting Fisto, something like "Well, that's one use of technology the (aforementioned bunker dwellers) wouldn't approve of." :D
Siidney

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 pm

1.There are boxing gloves in the game
4.you can hit them in the groin if you have the golf club
Ross Thomas

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:28 pm

1.There are boxing gloves in the game
4.you can hit them in the groin if you have the golf club

ya i know bout the gloves i liked being a new reno boxing champ in fo2 was hpoin since we was in vegas there be boxing matches ^^
but didnt know that bout the golf club haha
Jordyn Youngman

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm

By the way, we get good karma for killing PG's and Legionnaires? (Playing RDR right now until Dead Money is released, might have been a small thing that I never took notice of)

some of them i noticed you get it but not all. and i didnt side with them i was a powder ganger enemy and i waltzed into the prison and took them all out and started to loot the place and got bad karma for doing it but then when you get to novac you can loot the hotel manager lady's house and not get bad karma i figured taking stuff from a bad guy wouldnt give you bad karma.
Krystal Wilson

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 am

ya i know bout the gloves i liked being a new reno boxing champ in fo2 was hpoin since we was in vegas there be boxing matches ^^
but didnt know that bout the golf club haha

Go to the Thorn for boxing.
Using the boxing gloves would be a little hard though.
Euan

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:24 am

I imagine this is an animation issue, it's easy to animate shooting different places but targeted melee attacks would be far more complex.

guess that would make sense.

But i have to add another to the list and if someone from Bethesda or Obsidian reads this PLEASE make this a idea a dcl or something: I was hoping for a BoS alternative ending i mean so far i know you can work for mr house or the ncr but was really hoping you could of helped the BoS start takng back over i mean you can join and the ncr attacks you if you got the armor on but you cant really do anything else with the BoS so far that i've seen and if i'm wrong please let me know cause i really wanna help the BoS take back over ^^
Danny Warner

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 am

i'll check it out ty ^^
GRAEME

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:53 pm

It doesn't matter if you side with them or not, they're still bad by karmic standards and yet you still get bad karma for taking their stuff even though you dismembered them with a hatchet 2 days ago and they can't possibly have anything to complain about when you've already taken their lives.
Ann Church

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

I think the rationale is that the 'bad guys' aren't 100% evil, (few people are, most are only partially evil or deluded into thinking they are right but they perform evil deeds that are "justified" by necessity (in their opinion)), and that stealing from them is still an evil act, because 'bad' or not they still have a right to life and by stealing from them you are doing an un-karmic activity or something...... *shrugs* I don't believe in karma in RL, but that's what logic dictates to me. :P

I SO agree with #3. I was really hoping for that myself, some weapon mods for melee weapons would have been nice too.

Edit: and killing them is considered an act of self-defense therefore not an evil deed. *shrug*
Causon-Chambers

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 pm

I think the rationale is that the 'bad guys' aren't 100% evil, (few people are, most are only partially evil or deluded into thinking they are right but they perform evil deeds that are "justified" by necessity (in their opinion)), and that stealing from them is still an evil act, because 'bad' or not they still have a right to life and by stealing from them you are doing an un-karmic activity or something...... *shrugs* I don't believe in karma in RL, but that's what logic dictates to me. :P

I SO agree with #3. I was really hoping for that myself, some weapon mods for melee weapons would have been nice too.

Edit: and killing them is considered an act of self-defense therefore not an evil deed. *shrug*

ya i can agree with that reason then again the same thing can be said about the "player" he/she is stealing from the "evil" guys in order to sever their supplies and weaken them so its "justified" haha but eh whatever we can sit here all day and try to come up with reasons for it just dont really make sense in my opinion if you can kill someone without a karma loss you should be able to steal from them without a karma loss ^^
and ya melee weapon mods would of been nice. like one to make you swing faster....or a "targeting mod" haha so we can target body parts in vats mode ^^
in a way i kinda miss being able to blow kids up also thats what made the other fallout games so great is you could do pretty much anything you wanted i remember in fallout 1 and 2 you could get power armor pretty much within the first 5 levels without cheating eventually you were able to do it in fallout 3 when they added operation anchorage. also miss being able to have a car haha even though you can fast travel getting to the spot to begin with takes sometime.
my 2 favorite things about this game is all the fallout 2 references (since i loved fallout 2 so much) and the kings when i seen those guys i laughed so hard...a gang of elvis impersonaters....classic ^^
Campbell

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:56 am

The problem with the karma issue is that it's inconsistent. Either don't reward me for killing Legion and Powder Gangers, or don't penalize me for taking their stuff. I mod away the theft penalty because I don't buy the relativistic crap and think you SHOULD be given karma for killing them - they're evil whether or not you join them. Slavers and gangers have ALWAYS been evil in FO games.

Boxing: on my first play through I saved some boxing magazines hoping there would be a quest in Vegas, so I was also disappointed. Maybe someone will make a mod. The Thorn is too buggy to be a substitute - I guess, since the game crashes if I get anywhere near it...

Targeting the eyes is redundant. If you get shot in the eyes, blindness would be the least of your worries. I support targeting the groin, as long as it's not mine :P
-__^

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 pm

haha ya the karma is kinda buggy i even got good karma for killing a feral ghoul the other day at the rocket place by novac but only one gave it to me none of the others gave me postive karma for killing them ^^
Madison Poo

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm

boxing with a deathclaw is always a good idea
Mélida Brunet

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 pm

While not immediately possible (unmodified), I'd think their might a way (at the source level) to add targeting nodes for melee attacks.

This [perhaps] could work in one of two ways; either the animations are blended to end with the fist or foot in contact with the last location of the node, or the fist/foot would follow the node's location until the end.
(alternatively: the VATS target could be used to select an appropriate animation ~though this would have problems, I don't think it'd be too worse off than what we already have with melee).
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm

so how do compaions work? are you only allowed to have 2 at a time? (even though i never use them haha) cause i remember in fallout 2 it was based on your charisma didnt know if that played a factor in this one or not ^^
m Gardner

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:14 pm

so how do compaions work? are you only allowed to have 2 at a time? (even though i never use them haha) cause i remember in fallout 2 it was based on your charisma didnt know if that played a factor in this one or not ^^

Well unfortunately you can only have 1 humanoid companion. But you can also have ED-E or Rex with you too, so a max of 2 companions and maybe a temporary quest companion.

CHR improves companion damage and DT i think.... it's called 'nerve'. The higher your CHR the better your companions but really with a CHR of 1 companions can still kill a lot of things with ease... they seem to only truly get more powerful based on the weapon and armor you give them. Of course this means ED-E and Rex are a little more limited in how powerful they can become but they're still fun to tag along with. :)

Personally, I don't like Boone. He kills everything before you can even aim. I prefer Raul because his companion perk is great (did I mention you get a diff. perk for each companion you hang out with? it disappears when you tell them to leave you though) and he doesn't do too much damage (allowing me to shoot stuff too lol).

Hope that helps :)
Cedric Pearson

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 pm

ya i normally just find the compain perks i like and leave them sitting in a town the perk still shows up but i dunno if it still works or not haha
i kind also wish they woulda of had different characters you could of made why we always gotta be a human i woulda loved to be a super mutant or even a ghoul haha maybe they'll add it in a dcl but i very highly doubt it ^^
Eileen Collinson

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:26 pm

ya i normally just find the compain perks i like and leave them sitting in a town the perk still shows up but i dunno if it still works or not haha
i kind also wish they woulda of had different characters you could of made why we always gotta be a human i woulda loved to be a super mutant or even a ghoul haha maybe they'll add it in a dcl but i very highly doubt it ^^

I don't think that would appeal to most people. Generally people like protagonists they can identify with, and I don't know many supermutants or ghouls :P
Shelby Huffman

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am

I don't think that would appeal to most people. Generally people like protagonists they can identify with, and I don't know many supermutants or ghouls :P

true. but think of a fallout mmorpg like world of warcraft...it would be so much fun haha that would be the best way to do that i think but doubt they will ever make one even though there is so much fallout material to create one
Elena Alina

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:29 am

but think of a fallout mmorpg like world of warcraft

HELL NO, NO NO NO NO NO, NEVER.

NO ONLINE FALLOUTS MADE BY BETHESDA.

NO 9 YEAR OLDS SCREAMING, NOOOO
Never.. Again.

Multiple Species would not work in a Fallout RPG.

Super-mutants size would cause some doors to not work.
Ghouls would just be lame.
Captian Caveman

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 pm

I do
That way i could play kung fu fighting in the background and have epic bread

Now i play the Songs from Team America because the Unarmed fighting reminds me of the Durka Durka's in Paris
Austin England

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas