Project V14 Music

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:00 pm

It might be a little too early to speculate what music will be used as a score for Pr V13 but I think it would be interesting to see what people think about it.

Fallout 3 ('"+!"'/) will feature a score composed by Inon Zur. He is a gifted composer, however, in my opinion, he is more of an "epic-score composer" (see Baldur's Gate 2) . Fallout, however always featured Mark Morgan's one-of-a-kind style and sound. I think he is absolutely essential if a company wants to make a Fallout-like game.

So, tell me what you think!

Also, I see that Chris Taylor makes a habit of checking out forum topics, we would love to hear your opinion about this, Chris.
Anna Krzyzanowska

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I too would like to hear some more by Mr. Morgan. I remember reading somewhere that he had commented that he would love to work on future fallout games, sounds like he is available.

That track in FO2 when you get the car and go to the world map is superb. I don't know if he's responsible for that guitar riff but it's perfect. I boot that game sometimes just to listen to it.
Taylah Illies

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:53 pm

http://www.en.game-ost.ru/articles.php?id=24&action=view

This is the interview you are talking about I think. Here Mr Morgan states that he would love to work on fallout 3, but he has not been contacted. ( Beth doesn't give a crap) . I hope gamesas will hire him soon...
Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:52 pm

The music of fallout 1&2 would be just perfect for FOO. It just fits in every situation and never get`s you tired. Boom de ya da!
Anthony Diaz

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:10 am

I don't really know anything about game design, but I'd guess that music comes fairly late in the process.

Seeing as how the game doesn't officially exist yet, I doubt we'll have any word on Morgan's potential involvement for quite awhile. Though given the fact that Iply has already scooped up a couple of the original developers, it doesn't seem too far fetched to hear a Mark Morgan score in the future.

On a side note it may be best to leave anti-bethsoft vitriol and rhetoric off these boards, there are plenty of places around the net for that ;) FO3 isn't quite what I'd like for a fallout sequel, but I think it looks to be a promising game nonetheless
Vivien

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Inon Zur certainly is great. I liked what he did for Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Epic scores indeed, but he also kept a whole lot of low key moments for sneakin around and sniper fights.

Warhead tho, was an interesting course for him. It felt like almost a direct rip from something like the score for "The Rock" just to name one. his progressions were incredibly "easy". but they worked.

I dunno how his style would work out for an MMO.
Blessed DIVA

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Inon Zur is not bad, but I hope they'll get Mark Morgan back. He said in a recent interview that he regretted that he hadn't been offered the job on Fallout 3.

Also, I see that Chris Taylor makes a habit of checking out forum topics, we would love to hear your opinion about this, Chris.

I doubt Chris will be able to comment on it at this moment. The Vault - Fallout Wiki * Fallout Online * Fallout IRC Channel * Fallout: New Vegas
Angelina Mayo

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:05 am

IJ too liked that kind of music and I too think that Inon Zur is a talented musician but my question is: Is it enough to be a good composer?

Fallout's score was more than that, it had a plus, a dark twist in it. I was not "epic" it radiated loneliness, death, nihilism. It was 50 % responsible for the atmosphere. If it is replaced by "epic" music, Fallout will not be the same. I really think that the only way to go with a "real" Fallout is to contact Mark Morgan...
Vahpie

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 am

Did Bethesda not rename that piece of ... to "Obliviocaust"?
Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Unfortunately they did not......and I think they never will. Let's hope Fallout 4 won't be a Car racing game....but let's stick to the topic before gamesas shuts down this thread.... Tell me about music then
brenden casey

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:38 am

I completely agree.

In Older FO u made a good recipe which combined various things like music. Dont go away to much from the original recipe and you will make good game
Kayla Keizer

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:04 pm

I would love to see multiple radio stations available for listening pleasure. I would also like to see the ability to play my own music in the background when I get irritated with the musical score.
Rob

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:40 pm

I love listening to talk radio in video games (GTA, and F3 spring to mind), I love listening to the humor and dialouge that is all game related. Which also in a way compensates for a sometimes lacking musical score.
I think it would be awesome to have different wasteland DJ's just to tune into various viewpoints through out the wastes.
Depending on where you are, your level, and your choices~ the radio could give you hints and leads for different quests as well as contributing to game lore
EDIT: In addition, random gunfire, dogs barking, people yelling should be heard in the background.
Shelby Huffman

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 am

I downloaded a mod for Fallout 3 replacing everything with the classic fallout 1-2 music, you know the ones you hear when walking inside redding, new reno etc and it made Fallout 3 seem sooo much better.. (I'm no megafan of Fo3 anymore, I was when it came out but after a while I realized it wasn't so good). Image
matt

Return to Othor Games