My PS3 GOTY Edition Freeze Experiences

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:46 am

I used to own the original Fallout 3 for PS3 and had no problems with the game other than it freezing when I received messages or someone logged on, which was later patched. Yes I experienced the occasional frame rate drop and hiccup, but nothing that 100% totally ruined my gaming experience. I loved this game so much that when the Game Of The Year Edition was released, I traded in my original copy and "Upgraded" to the Game Of The Year Edition. Unfortunately this WAS NOT the upgrade I had hoped for. Since I have purchased the Game Of The Year Edition, Fallout 3 has become a thorn in my side. It has gone from the most enjoyable game I owned, to the least enjoyable game I own. The freezing is constant and unpredictable, the frame rate drops at random when entering the VATs Targeting System and it turned my favorite game in my PS3 Collection into the one that collects the most dust on my media rack. My brother has also experienced a drop in game play quality since he has been purchasing the DLC Missions from the Playstation Store, as he still owns the original version. So I believe that the problem does lie within the Add On Content......my question is....WHY IS NOTHING BEING DONE TO FIX IT???!! Alienating your fan base and those that love and play your game is not only ignorant and foolish, it's bad business. Most of the people on these boards and forums are your most cherished possession, the loyal fans and consumers of your products. I own Elder Scrolls:Oblivion w/ Shivering Isles DLC, I purchased Fallout 3 and upgraded to the Game Of The Year Edition. In total I've spent $120 on Fallout 3 alone. I think I deserve a product that is in stable and working condition. I find it completely unacceptable and disgusting that I have to swim in message boards with other people having the exact same issues and see nothing done about it, when it is totally clear that you are AWARE of the problem. Nobody buys a CD to only hear 2/3 of the songs it contains, nobody buys a movie without an ending. Why should we be forced to own games that don't let us fully enjoy the gaming content we have paid to play?
Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Beth won't fix the game. Fallout 3 is over for them. They're working on a new game right now.

Your best bet would be to get a new or used copy of Fallout 3 vanilla. Or you could get the Xbox or PC GOTY versions, I've heard that these are less problematic.
Chloe Lou

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, for me, it goes well...

I only had a few minor freezes, and frame slow-downs in operation anchorage.

(well, I must admit my save file is lower than 10 mg)
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 am

Well, for me, it goes well...

I only had a few minor freezes, and frame slow-downs in operation anchorage.

(well, I must admit my save file is lower than 10 mg)

10mb only? My best file is over 20mb. It runs like a ummm.. A back end of a horse?? Anyway it crashed all the time.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:32 pm

well the standard fallout 3 is playable, it has also some rare freezes but playable...

the goty version is a joke. but this [censored]in joke is not funny, i payed for this content, and it doesnt work at all.
completly unplayable. freezes, freezes, freezes.
Sakura Haruno

Return to Fallout 3