PS3 multiplayer Framerate

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:00 am

Thank god we got our own forums. Anyone have any hands on with the PS3 multiplayer and any framerate issues. Im about a hour form buying the game and will post when I get back
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 am

Lol i just started another topic, concerning the very same issue.

Please update us when you have tried the game yourself.
Lily Something

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:00 am

I have the game and i must say that the framrate issues have been fixed i have not come across any such thing :). All i will say is get the game its a must have and am happy i have it on the ps3 no shooter like it out there thats for sure :).
Jessica Thomson

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:11 am

I have the game and i must say that the framrate issues have been fixed i have not come across any such thing :). All i will say is get the game its a must have and am happy i have it on the ps3 no shooter like it out there thats for sure :).
Ahh thank god

Enjoy it on the system you have that is what i will tell everybody it a great game to have and epic story :).
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Ahh thank god
Just my words! Are we talking 60fps like MW2 or how would you guys rate it?

Channing

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:40 am

Well, i am still not sure about this PS3 version...i do want the game. But i am waiting for some more responses, cause...the framerate made me die so much in Multiplayer cause when there was a lot of chaos it all got messed up :(

Is the gameplay just as tight and smooth like COD? cause that is what i need, a little lag i dont mind...that's human ;)
Harry Leon

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:24 am

Crysis on Consoles is suppose to run 30FPS although when they first announced it they said they could get 60fps
Rachie Stout

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Crysis on Consoles is suppose to run 30FPS although when they first announced it they said they could get 60fps
Ok, so what is it actually running at?
Jenna Fields

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:14 pm

PS3 version runs 15-30fps, mostly ~24fps
Dawn Farrell

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:35 am

The PS3 version of Crysis 2 has particular idiosyncracies. After playing both console versions, and playing through the same set of levels multiple times on both consoles, it became clear to a number of editors at IGN that the PS3 version is lacking somewhat in comparison to the 360 version of the game. The game still looks great on PS3, but the framerate is less consistent, the resolution is lower (in the neighborhood of 10% lower than the Xbox 360 release), and certain graphical effects and some lighting appear dialed back. In layman's terms, there are more jagged edges in the PS3 version of the game, and things get choppy more often than its 360 counterpart, which hurts controller response. The 360 is not immune to this, it just doesn't happen as often.

from IGN.com

The game is supposedly locked up at 30 FPS. I'm pretty sure it dips under it though. Usually, when the framerate doesn't hold up well in a demo, it doesn't get better in the retail version. Maybe if they turn off the V-Sync, but that would mean screen tearing.
Jason Wolf

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:51 am

The framerate between the 360 and the PS3 versions are the same so you dont have to worry about which copy you get and all you have to do with the ps3 version is to reduce the in game brightness and they both look the same :)
brian adkins

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:24 am

Ok, so what is it actually running at?

I've heard that on the PS3 version, it can drop down to 15.
sexy zara

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:07 am

The PS3 version of Crysis 2 has particular idiosyncracies. After playing both console versions, and playing through the same set of levels multiple times on both consoles, it became clear to a number of editors at IGN that the PS3 version is lacking somewhat in comparison to the 360 version of the game. The game still looks great on PS3, but the framerate is less consistent, the resolution is lower (in the neighborhood of 10% lower than the Xbox 360 release), and certain graphical effects and some lighting appear dialed back. In layman's terms, there are more jagged edges in the PS3 version of the game, and things get choppy more often than its 360 counterpart, which hurts controller response. The 360 is not immune to this, it just doesn't happen as often.

from IGN.com

The game is supposedly locked up at 30 FPS. I'm pretty sure it dips under it though. Usually, when the framerate doesn't hold up well in a demo, it doesn't get better in the retail version. Maybe if they turn off the V-Sync, but that would mean screen tearing.

Dude please get a copy of the game and dont follow the review like its bible truth,i have both PS3 and 360 copies of the game and they are the same just drop the in game brightness and they are the same thats all
Haley Merkley

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:46 pm

The framerate between the 360 and the PS3 versions are the same so you dont have to worry about which copy you get and all you have to do with the ps3 version is to reduce the in game brightness and they both look the same :)
For me, this has nothing to do woth which console is better. All i'm interested in, is if the game runs smoothly enough on the PS3 for me to play it. I'm kinda bummed right now with people talkin about fps lower than 30. At 30fps we are already at half of what MW2 did.

Guess i will have to rent it before deciding.
Rachyroo

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:12 pm

30ish
josie treuberg

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:41 am

For me, this has nothing to do woth which console is better. All i'm interested in, is if the game runs smoothly enough on the PS3 for me to play it. I'm kinda bummed right now with people talkin about fps lower than 30. At 30fps we are already at half of what MW2 did.

Guess i will have to rent it before deciding.

The framerate is kinda stable but dont worry does not fall apart :). Take time to make your choice thats for sure but for me am happy with the game ,its something uni and trust me framerate is not the big issue here trust me
Damned_Queen

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:56 am

from IGN.com

Dude please get a copy of the game and dont follow the review like its bible truth,i have both PS3 and 360 copies of the game and they are the same just drop the in game brightness and they are the same thats all

Suuuuure, buy the game, then if it svcks and play like crap... well to bad! I've been following reviews and digital foundry anolysis forever, never had regret. Only regret I have is not knowing of those reviews sooner. There is a bunch of games I wouldn't have spended money on. This game is a rent for me.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:50 pm

i was playing for about half an hour online and i didnt come across any problems
Nick Pryce

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:07 am

Seems like the framerate is ok I know its not 30FPS solid but its ok prolly around 24 most the time. very playable
Wish they would of tuned down the motion blur on objects far away and made the hit detection more noticeable
Eve(G)

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Sorry but 24 is not very playable.....especially for a shooter :(

Thanks for being honest about framerate on ps3
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:48 am

its not constaint it only happens every once in a while and it seems the more I play the less I notice any frame drops. the 24 was just a estimate going off what Ive seen others say I havent actually recorded the video and counted the frames so I cant say for sure. Ive played for matches as of now and frame rate hasnt really been to much of a issue. the thing that stands out the most is the very subtle hit detection some times its hard to tell if ur hitting someone which is really annoying.
Jack

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:09 pm

We have been running the game on both my 360 and my friends PS3 for about 3 hours now through the exact same levels and same multiplayer set ups and the frame rates have been clocking exactly the same between both systems. They are both running solid between 26-30fps without any clipping, tracing, lag or any other fps related issues. The multiplayer is smooth and fast paced just like COD and the graphics look exactly the same on both systems so all the 360 fanboys need to stop saying the PS3 version lacks in all areas because it is identical.
Tom

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm very keen for the game, don't get me wrong, but it's disappointing for people to describe the framerate as "playable" for a game by a developer boasting of "maxing out the PS3"
Esther Fernandez

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:38 am

We will see this week when Digital Foundry does Face-off
Heather Stewart

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:14 am

I'm very keen for the game, don't get me wrong, but it's disappointing for people to describe the framerate as "playable" for a game by a developer boasting of "maxing out the PS3"

Yup, no point arguing anymore. If you say something bad against the game, you're a troll. We'll see soon enough, then, FACTS will set us straight
Beast Attire

Next

Return to Crysis