PS3 - Network Performance

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:14 am

Hi everyone,

Last week we did a live update on both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (a few days later) platforms which focused on network settings and performance. Yesterday we released a second update for both PS3 and 360, based off the data we gathered from the previous update and we are hoping to hear some feedback on this latest update.

With your feedback we can define on a broad scale, exactly what is better and what is worse, as far as the tweaks go. So if you've played today and any time after; please let us know in this thread how you felt the network performance was!

Important information you should try and include:
- Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? (please try and be accurate with this)
- Are you on wired or wireless?
- Have you specified your correct locale (region) in your console settings?*
- What was the ratio of red bar to orange bar to green bar players in the match?
- Did you get into the first game without any issues?

* For PS3, this should mean that your PSN account was created with correct locale/region specified. Disc region is not a factor in server searching.
* For instructions on how to specify your locale please see the following:
http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/xbox-360/how-to/dashboard.aspx
To change your locale
1. Turn on your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
2. On your controller, press the Guide button to go to the Xbox Dashboard.
3. Select Locale.
4. Select the location where you live.

Thanks!
Crystal Clear

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:36 pm

- longest wait was about 2 mins
-wired
-region yes
- most game had 2 to 3 bar only a couple in the red(all players)
- yes had no problem
hope this helps.
EDIT every 3rd or 4th match get stuck at match lobby starting in 1 second.
Tasha Clifford

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

- Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? (please try and be accurate with this) - Took a minute or two on most occasions
- Are you on wired or wireless?- Wired
- Have you specified your correct locale (region) in your console settings?* - Yup
- What was the ratio of red bar to orange bar to green bar players in the match? - Same as before . One full four bar and the rest twos and threes.
- Did you get into the first game without any issues? - yup

Also hung at "Match starting in 1 second" every three or four games.
Christine Pane

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:32 pm

- Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? (please try and be accurate with this)
* No, almost 10 - 15 sec;

* Wired

* Yes

- What was the ratio of red bar to orange bar to green bar players in the match?
* Always 2 bars for everyone; the host full bars.

* Yes

Lag is very strong, and hit detection always bad. If you fix this, you lead FPS games!!!!!!!!!!!
Sophie Morrell

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:33 pm

8 - 17 sec every game.

Wired.

- Have you specified your correct locale (region) in your console settings?
Yes.

People range 2-4 bars except the host, who is generally full.

Yes.

My issues have been minor, mostly the problems MW2 has with close quarters combat, going around corners during frenzied combat. But I think most PS3 games have this problem to some extent (especially p2p). I'm loving it though, this will definitely keep me occupied until BF3 comes out.
Kill Bill

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:00 pm

10-15 seconds

Wired.

Yes.

I had 5 with 3 bars, 5 with 2 bars, 1 with 1 bar, and obviously host had 5 full bars.
Personally, this is the best I've ever had. (It used to be that most would range from 1-2 bars and host 5.)
With that being said you folk must be heading in the right direction, thank you.

No issues what-so-ever.
electro_fantics

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 pm

im on wireless and have no problems finding games. and i know i got sub par connection
the norm is 2 to 3 bars
do get stuck in lobby during game still just not as often.
some people on my friends list still have trouble partying up with me.
Cheville Thompson

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:13 am

-2nd and 3rd game took about 1-2 minutes, after that it took 25 seconds +
-Wireless, but also able to use wired
-Region, yeah, set to Ca...Ca...Canaduhhh eh.
-mine 2-3 bars, 50% 2-3bars, host full, rest 1-2 bars
-yes, i had no issues, until 2nd and 3rd games <- countdown froze at 3 then everyone spawned maybe 6-10 seconds later

The random hit detection is still killing this game along with the killcam being wrong 90% of the time. But lag on my end during game play is about 75% better. : )
Its a good start guys!!
Barbequtie

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:05 pm

-2nd and 3rd game took about 1-2 minutes, after that it took 25 seconds +
-Wireless, but also able to use wired
-Region, yeah, set to Ca...Ca...Canaduhhh eh.
-mine 2-3 bars, 50% 2-3bars, host full, rest 1-2 bars
-yes, i had no issues, until 2nd and 3rd games <- countdown froze at 3 then everyone spawned maybe 6-10 seconds later

The random hit detection is still killing this game along with the killcam being wrong 90% of the time. But lag on my end during game play is about 75% better. : )
Its a good start guys!!

THIS
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 am

Important information you should try and include:
30 seconds to a minute
- Are you on wired or wireless? wired
- Have you specified your correct locale (region) in your console settings?* no, ill change it!
today was all 2 yellow bars, all week before that was mostly 1 red bar...
yes, most of the time the first game is easy to join...the it takes longer soemtimes i have 16 people in one game then the next its hard to even reach 6...
thanks
Anna Beattie

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:38 am

Hi,

In TIA it takes 10-15s to get into a lobby or game
In Crash Site, i get put in a lobby alone with always the same 2 choice of maps (Pier 17 and Wall Street), and it takes 4-5 minutes to get into a game or a lobby wth other players, and unfortunately, once every 3 times the game doesn't start, it stays stuck on "Match starting in 1s"
I have been playing Crash Site a lot before and rarely had these issues

Wireless, will try wired tomorrow and update

Yes

Rarely any red bars anymore, always 1 full bars and the rest 2-3 bars

As explained in the first question, no problem in TIA but lots of issues in Crash Site
I'd like to say that i have never been able to get into a game of any other mode than TIA, IA and Crash Site.
Would be nice to know how many players are in each game mode.
Thanks
Kathryn Medows

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 am

I just wanted to thank you for getting around to fixing the network problems...can't wait for lagless games!!!

Keep up the good work.
Cheers!
CxvIII

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 pm

- say 1 or 2 games about 20 seconds then the rest between 30 -60seconds.did connect to first game.
-wired connection
-region is set
- most games 1 person 4 bars and the rest of ppl including self 2-3 bars.

note the games today for me actually have been alot better..aiming was so much easier today than over the weekend. where the lag/host advantage was more obvious! also nat type still moderate.
Katy Hogben

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 am

Agreed! much better tonight! I really felt the difference!
Syaza Ramali

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:00 am

Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? 1min to 2mins. usally i have to back out and find a new game.
- Are you on wired or wireless? Both
- Have you specified your correct locale (region) in your console settings? Yes
- What was the ratio of red bar to orange bar to green bar players in the match? Either one red bar or 1-2 orange bar. If i am the host, i get kick out/ lose connection
- Did you get into the first game without any issues? Still laggy
Noraima Vega

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm

hi guys! question i have north america settings in my ps3 but i live in guatemala (central america)... i want to change it to help my connection when i play online.-.- thanks for the help
Yonah

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

- Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? (please try and be accurate with this) - Took a minute or two on most occasions
- Are you on wired or wireless?- Wired
- Have you specified your correct locale (region) in your console settings?* - Yup
- What was the ratio of red bar to orange bar to green bar players in the match? - Same as before . One full four bar and the rest twos and threes.
- Did you get into the first game without any issues? - yup

Also hung at "Match starting in 1 second" every three or four games.

I quoted as I've posted already but I wanted to amend something after yesterday's session.

Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? - If playing by myself around 20-30 seconds. If playing with 3-5 others, one minute up to three minutes.
Claire Jackson

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:54 am

Well i totally disagree because you can't select you region in the in game from settings:|Why if my country have low network speed(not in my cause but are players with slow network because of her country)and please do a patch with servers region option like in Killzone 3.They have this option and i don't have lag or any problem on Killzone 3 matches.Thx for understanding
Juan Suarez

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

We're rolling out another live update shortly and look forward to hearing your feedback on the further changes.

Will create a new thread once the update goes live in order to keep all the data relevant :)

Cheers!
josie treuberg

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:07 pm

TIA Solo
4 minutes wait
wired
locale correctly set
3 green:8 orange 1 red
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:31 pm

It takes me about 1 minute to find a game

Wireless connection

Locale is set

Lobbies are full of mostly 3 bars, one 4, and the rest 2, except for me, I am always on a red 1 bar and have a 2-3 second delay in gameplay.....out of the gunfights I lose, 95% of them are because I apparently wasn't shooting or took 3 seconds to start.
Kevin S

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:43 pm

No, now it's taking me between 5 and 10 seconds each time

Wired, through router. My connection shows as NAT:Moderate, though my fixed IP address is on a DMZ (?)

No, my account was created in the US, but I'm currently located in South America

4-5 people had green bars, about 6-7 had orange and only 2-1 had red bars in a group of 12.

Yep, no problems at all, at least with TIA.
Max Van Morrison

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? (please try and be accurate with this)
no, about 15-20 seconds
wired
no
there was one red bar, some orange, and some green. orange to green was about 1:1
yes, i had no issues
D LOpez

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:03 am

*UPDATE*
Tonight games were going fine, and then I just started to get freezes in the game.

I had 2 hard freezes, only few minutes apart, which required me ejecting the disc and restarting my PS3 Slim. After that, I could not get into either TIA or IA without getting another freeze.

What's going on???? I'm not the only one with this problem! Check tonight's threads!! Other people were stuck at the game lobbies too!
Justin Hankins

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:39 am

Did it take longer than 30s to find a game? (please try and be accurate with this)

yes, in the middle of the day on a weekend, it has taken me 3minutes and 23 seconds to find a game...you would assume on a weekend it would be really fast....

wired connection

yes.

mostly orange bar with 2 red bar players, and the full connection host :|

why didn't you not make it dedicated servers?!?

no, i had too much lag, so i quit. it took me until i was host to enjoy a game, and then still it didn't last.

im sorry for this information, i really like the gameplay, its just the networking issues that are a pain :\
Monika Krzyzak

Next

Return to Crysis