PS4 ProXbox One S as a 4K Blu Ray Player.

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 pm

We were thinking of getting a new TV for 4K and thinking we need a Blu Ray player to play the movies. So just like in the old days for when Blu Ray came out I got a PS3 as our Blu Ray Player. Now I am shocked to read that the PS4 Pro will not play 4K Blu Ray movies? WTF?! I thought it was the Xbox One S that only let you Stream 4K movies from Netflix or what not.

Now I see Xbox One S plays 4K Blu Ray movies? Is this true? This is news to me. If I am reading the user threads correctly when people leave their mini reviews on Best Buy or Amazon they say they love it. A few no good but no explanations why. Guess it's the people who will vote 0 or 10 no matter what. So I don't think they count. One poster did give an explanation why he gave a low score of 1 but said something about not using the sound properly and it's "downscaled". First of, what does this mean? Also is it true? I never knew sound can be downscaled only pictures. Man am I behind on what technology does now.

Would it even make a difference for us since we don't have a real surround sound system because the way our living room is, we can't have speakers behind us and only in front of us.

It looks like the PS4 Pro might be out since it doesn't play 4K Blu Ray movies. So it looks like the other option is Xbox One S. Thing is I already have 2 Xbox Ones. I have an Elite and my son has my Day One edition now. Do I really need another Xbox One?

So it looks like me and my wife are going to give up on looking for a 4K TV now since it's not really viable we don't see anything on Netflix that is 4K. So if we don't have a 4K player then what is the use of a 4K TV.

But before we write this off, I just want to make sure I am not missing anything that could change our minds.

*edit*

What is HDR? I never herd of this until now reading up on what the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S can do.

REVLUTIN

Return to Othor Games