ps4ux adware removal problems

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:55 pm

For the past week or two i have been plagued by the ps4ux adware, and despite my best efforts have been unable to get rid of it. Including scans, browser resets etc.

has anyone experienced this particular adware and any advice to remove it?

Maya Maya

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:04 pm

I have not had it but what have you tried to remove it.

Malwarebytes is likely one of the best tools to help remove adware. But quite often you will have to use a few tools to get rid of them. Some of those adware did in real deep into the OS and can make it real tough to get it out

It might just be better to Format the system and install the OS from scratch

Ryan Lutz

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:32 am

I used about 4 different tools, still persisting.

Allison C

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Which tools

koumba

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Some malware is so invasive that complete removal is unlikely. Its like a hydra, you remove parts of it and it creates more. This is why you could always backup data and have a clean image of your operating system or at the very least a way of reinstalling the operating system.

Much of this type of malware is randomly generated. You are wasting your time if you've already spend more than 1 day trying to clean the system. The patient has terminal cancer and you are using antibiotics.

Most antivirus applications are preventative measures, and aren't great at actually cleaning the system of malware. They work by monitoring the system for unusual processes, however if you are already infected they are too 'slow' to work.

ruCkii

Return to Othor Games