Pvp more solo frienldy!!!

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:32 am

As a casual player i wana log and search for casual or hunt people in pvp and i dont wna be forced to make a team or be in a team to be succesfull.This is a big problem and it seem mmo tend to not be so much of a solo friendly in pvp.I play darkfall online atm and already people cry about teams and squads that ruin all the fun for other casual palyers.I think devs shuld think about have a good pvp system involved.Again ,back in warhammer online people were forced to gather in teams and then go in pvp or just join scenarious with alot of players zerging and fighting each other with a nonsense rage :/.The game need to encourage solo players in pve and pvp too.Some kind of rewarding system need to be in and easy to use ..not to camp spots with 20 people only becouse some only wana log for 2-3 hours and smack some heads and not to search endelsy for teams and other players in order to make some pvp.Pit fight with bets can be involved too for good rewards.

PS: I realy want to carve my own bloody path as an independent criminal or as a hired mercenary but at last to be able to do this and to be a viable option and a succesfull way of pvp.With rewards and riscs at the same time. Image

I am the Formless in all forms.Strenght si the only measure ,all things can be resolved with violence and blood share.
Dezzeh

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:13 am

That would be interesting.

How about only offering PvP rewards for killing players involved in protecting or taking locations. That way groups of PvP won't be scouring the land for a player just to kill. It's worthless.

Anothering bounties posted by factions on players. BoS has placed a bounty on you. Now there is a reason to kill you off hand :P
Sebrina Johnstone

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 am

Bounties are something that I've never seen implemented in an MMORPG that I've ever played, I remember playing WoW and I'd let people hire me to try and find someone who was griefing them on a PvP server. Of course I never got much sales outside of friends but it was fun to try and hunt these people.
JESSE

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 am

Check out EVE, it allows players to place bounties on the heads of other players by paying the money upfront to the game which pays it out to whoever kills the bounty first. These bounties are available for all players to look at and take on while docked at a station. After destroying the target and returning to dock, the game pays you (I believe, it might pay you as soon as you kill them).

I think that an area with matches ranging from 1v1 up to as high as they want to go would be good. It would also be good if the reward was the same per person no matter how big the teams were, that way it doesn't force people to play with groups in order to access the best version of the content. It would be interesting to have a few different versions: any equipment (bring whatever you want to use with you), unarmed (no weapons or armor), and then various weapon possibilities (possibly determined by a point system or presets). It'd be really cool if something like Thunderdome could be incorperated but I don't see that working very well with any RPG mechanics that I can think of, more of an action game idea.
Taylah Haines

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:10 am

So are you suggesting that teamplay in pvp would be somehow penalized or even outright disabled? Keep dreaming if that's the case, since it's a multiplayer game, after all. Grouping up gives both security and advantage over the enemy, so it's just common sense to do that whenever possible.

Maybe something you're describing could be done on a limited scale ("One man enter, one man leaves!" Thunderdome arenas :lol:) but if you wanna go solo in world pvp, be prepared to be potentially overwhelmed by bigger groups.
Veronica Martinez

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:21 am

I agree - PvP should be either solo or raided.

In Lotro, you can either solo or team up. However, what we choose during character development or change after trial and error, we determine our fate. In LOTRO, my character is hard press in beating certain classes while others are easier.
pinar

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 pm

I think a good way to make PvP more solo friendly could be the restriction of groups depending on the CH stat of the Party Leader. The same formula of Fallout 2 would be enough: 1 companion = 2 CH. 2 companions = 4 CH. 5 companions = 10 CH. The leader would probrably be weakened by his massive charisma, forcing him to take supportive role in combat and mainly be a diplomat or a support character with repairs, first aid, etcetera. This would prevent ubber-groups and force some people to sacrifice some stats for other stats. Not all characters should be Rambo Super Mutants that shoot everyone with miniguns akimbo and fix all their problems by crushing them to a pulp with their enormous fists of fury.

Another thing that would help is the strengthening of support skills, example: A high level, end-game Doctor should be a healing master, capable of healing wounds, fixing radiation and poison, making medicinal drugs and making combat implants on himself and his partners with the proper equipament. AND gaining a good deal of money and influence in the process. Medics are very important, and in a dangerous wasteland, most professional medics would be stinkin' rich and influential. Taking about that... Weaking stimpaks, lessening their number and making them more expensive should help with this - If there was instant healiing for only some money everywhere, why would people ever need doctors? People would just whip up a stim or a rad-away and bam, its all good. Support medics should be good, necessary characters, including in a combat.

Another thing that could give solo characters some advantage are traps, trickery and destructible terrain. A guy with a rifle has bad chancces against FIVE guys with rifles on a straight-up firefight. But the dude with the rifle should be able to retreat, light a molotov cocktail and thrown it at the five guys running towards him, then fire his rifle on full-auto against the five while they flee and burn.

A sniper on the roof of a house is bad. And then one of your teammates comes to you and says "Hey, man, I got one of those Rocket-Propelled Grenades and a RPG Launcher, cover me with supressive fire, I'm going to shoot the house." Then blammo, he hits the house's foundations and the sniper falls into the house, with one or two bones broken. And a house set afire. With people trying to kill him on the outside.
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:45 am

I think a Karma system would work in this case.

Having battles between "factions" for stakes on locations would be absolutely ideal, that way things would change quite a bit. Super Mutants overruning towns and taking them over so other players can team up and go raid them.

The game world could measure the Karma of every player and decide whether that faction is
- Karma Neutral (A shanty town where all are welcome, but there is a law of the land).
- Karma Positive (A prosperous city where Laws are more severe and regulatory, ie carrying a gun equipped will attract the attention of the guards, no drugs are allowed in the premises, etc, Very Negative Karma players would not be welcome, they'd be shot at on sight.)
- Karma Negative (A disparaging slum where no laws exist, kill whoever, whenever you want. The cesspools of the waste, etc etc.)

This way every so often NPC factions like super mutants would raid these towns and take them over(if the players failed to defend them) and they would be considered raidable "dungeons". Then when a group of players banded up the game put together their Karmic attributes and decided whether or not the location would become Neutral, Positive or Negative.

As for groups of players teaming up and raiding single casual players, this would cause their Karmic titles to have huge Negative impacts, so that it might mean not being able to visit Karma Positive locations and forfeiting optional quests and equipment they might want.

Just a thought, seems like it would work on paper, dunno about a MMO though, still cool to think about.
Jade MacSpade

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 am

Karama is fine for PvE but I do not see it fitting in PvP - although Karma is canon - perhaps that is how you level in PvP is with Karma. Definition of evil and good in Fallout is totally skewed in Fallout.
Sweet Blighty

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 am

More solo friendly lol. Why dont you punch yourself in the face. :lol:

First of all- Massive multiplayer Online, have you hear do of it? If an mmo were design to be more interactive and friendly towards Solo play it would be defeating the purpose of multiplayer.

Second, I understand what you and to see and that is cool. Other than Warhammer,their is no game that is an MMO where you are severely restricted from solo 1v1 -stalker killer pk type. Even Age of Conan, which had armies of players running around together, was very simple to solo pk players. which leads me to my final point.

Third, Solo pk's are cool and many people get frustrated when they get mobbed by players while trying to kill some hapless traveller. Thats the key though, you have to be a pro to enjoy playing solo.Or at least, get more kills than deaths.
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 am

If there is any solo-PvP, or solo-anything for that matter, it will be very limited.

You'll probably spend your days not wondering far from town, picking off the odd Rad-Scorpion.

If you want crazy adventures and good gear, you're going to have to group up. It's the wastelands, not the wild-west. Going out on your own is more likely to get you killed than anything, whether it be from the wildlife or from gun-toting raiders.

Fallout is not about the player-friendly experience, it is about finding your next means of survival and refuge in the wastes.
Ashley Campos

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:08 am

Check out EVE, it allows players to place bounties on the heads of other players by paying the money upfront to the game which pays it out to whoever kills the bounty first. These bounties are available for all players to look at and take on while docked at a station. After destroying the target and returning to dock, the game pays you (I believe, it might pay you as soon as you kill them).

I think that an area with matches ranging from 1v1 up to as high as they want to go would be good. It would also be good if the reward was the same per person no matter how big the teams were, that way it doesn't force people to play with groups in order to access the best version of the content. It would be interesting to have a few different versions: any equipment (bring whatever you want to use with you), unarmed (no weapons or armor), and then various weapon possibilities (possibly determined by a point system or presets). It'd be really cool if something like Thunderdome could be incorperated but I don't see that working very well with any RPG mechanics that I can think of, more of an action game idea.

Back in the day Star Wars Galaxies also has a bounty system. It's been a long time since I played that game though. Image
I told the Overseer of Vault 13 I'd give everything to save everyone, and so I did, I saved them all. Since then I've felt loneliness.
Lexy Dick

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:35 am

[Banned for 1 week for this post] Image

I am the Formless in all forms.Strenght si the only measure ,all things can be resolved with violence and blood share.
Georgine Lee

Return to Othor Games