Quick-ish question

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:00 am

Hi folks.

Just wondering if any of you wonderful people can help me with a question......

Bear with me........

I really like this game and I'm having a massive amount of fun playing as a lone wanderer (no companions and on base @ Red Rocket) but I want to do settlements. I've had the issues in regards to vanishing resources (defence,food, beds etc) showing on the Pip-Boy and when you go back to whatever settlement/s have the issue it fixes itself.

What I want to know is it still possible to do all the settlements in the game - build them up etc or does the issue with false resource reports on Pip-Boy get worse and would I have to travel to each and every settlement to fix; the issue?

I've got the latest DLC and I see that it is also settlement related. I take it the robots I build will not need beds or food like the Greygarden where all those robots are located?

I am currently trying to test if resources placed on small wooden floor tiles will help prevent the bug - so far it's worked for the food resources but not for beds - currently trying water and turrets but not placed all of them on the wooden tiles yet as real life got in the way this weekend but will hopefully try tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers

Quick Draw III

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:00 am

The false information seems to be only on the PiP Boy.

Your actual settlements all have what they are supposed to have, so nothing actually disappears. Your PiP Boy is just a bit buggy.

Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Nope, no negative drawbacks from the pip boy stats. Just ignore the pipboy stats. As you said, everything is fine when you get to the settlement.

Daniel Holgate

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:35 pm

For me the same before and after the patch/dlc. No tv/radio and jukeboxes, either off or removed. It seems to me that you can fastravel into the settlement area,but not out... you need to exit by walking. Today, without any warning, 2 settlement I have not visited for a long time got wrong status, so I had to fix it by being present. Maybe the false information only in pip-boy, but happiness drops fast if you not fix it.

Cheers,

-Klevs

Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

You see that's the thing I've done the whole no fast travel, no television/radio (amongst many other 'fixes) and it still happens - When I get to the settlement (say happiness was 80 and goes down to 75 in the Pip-Boy) when I arrive at the settlement it still shows the down grade in happiness but the correct resource numbers.

What I'm bothered about is if it happens to a number of settlements at the same time that it'll impact on the game to the point that all I will be doing is travelling to settlements just to get the correct stats in resources and make happiness go back up.

I'm giving serious consideration to just 'going for it' and doing the settlements but kind of limit the number of settlements I 'upgrade (defence, food etc) just incase they alldecide to give false resource numbers.

Cheers for the replies

AnDres MeZa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:02 pm

No big issue.

I have 30 active settlements and about 300 settlers.

Happiness fluctuates between 60-80%

Jacob Phillips

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Yeah no problem if you're not obsessed to have always at least 80 happiness , even with a few settlements , it's close to impossible keep them all above that.

Michael Russ

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:50 am

But do you have to keep going back to the settlements if you get the wrong resource numbers on your Pip-Boy?

Lyndsey Bird

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:41 pm

If you don't go back and open the workshop interface to recalibrate, happiness can drop, perhaps all the way if left long enough (I never have).

You'll also hear, upon return, settlers complaining about a lack of beds or of being hungry or thirsty in these cases, too, but that doesn't have any actual effect on stats or gameplay.

I can't see any rhyme or reason to what triggers it, though. I've had it happen when fast traveling and when not. It can also go stretches without happening, or happen a lot in a short span. The other night, it was like there was nothing I could to get it to stop.

Not actually game-breaking, though, and as others have said you can absolutely have all the settlements. But it is annoying.

Unstoppable Judge

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:29 pm

Nope, it's just a number, I can't see it actually affecting anything.

I don't go back to recalibrate, so whatever problem it causes goes away or doesn't matter.

(that's with a play-through approaching 240 hours).

Yama Pi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm

heh if the happiness is above 50% I am happy.

Robyn Lena

Return to Fallout 4