Racial animations (ie: what makes Khajiits swipe their claws

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 pm

And here I'm coming back from my little break from Skyrim after CK treated me so horribly the last time. But if it thought it could get rid of me so easily it doesn't know me at all n_-

Sooooo last time I quit frustrated that I couldn't figure out how the new scripts worked and how to enable player headtracking (if someone's figured it out in the meantime PLEASE tell! ^^) so this time I decided to begin with something that seemed easier and more intuitive...

And you can guess it turns out it isn't... surprise surprise?

I absolutely can't find in the whole CK what makes Khajiits use the clawing animation for H2H... ._. (which I wanted to enable for vampire "races" for a small mod I'm making for myself)

I checked the place where it logically should be: the race tab for our beloved kitties but somehow nothing there was different than the other races! Then I checked the "Unarmed" weapon but nothing there too. Then I looked at the claws perk but... you probably see the pattern nu?

Sooo... I'm out of ideas. Heeeeelp pretty please?
MR.BIGG

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Head tracking is part of Scenes/Dialogue: http://www.creationkit.com/Scenes_Tab - I don't know if it is scriptable.

Claws: The Khaiit Claws racial perk is in the "General Data Tab" of the Khajiit Race Form. It is a spell.

Animations aren't my thing, so I do not rely on me ... but look at an ACTOR Form and the Animation Tab. What animations a character can do are listed there. Wiki: http://www.creationkit.com/Animation_Tab
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Head tracking is part of Scenes/Dialogue: http://www.creationkit.com/Scenes_Tab - I don't know if it is scriptable.
Oh this is new! I'll maybe try it later!

Claws: The Khaiit Claws racial perk is in the "General Data Tab" of the Khajiit Race Form. It is a spell.
Thank you but I already said I found it and nothing in it looked like it governs the animations ._.

Animations aren't my thing, so I do not rely on me ... but look at an ACTOR Form and the Animation Tab. What animations a character can do are listed there. Wiki: http://www.creationkit.com/Animation_Tab
Thank you for trying but nope nothing helpful in there either. Characters of all races theoretically have access to those animations and that's what the tab showed me... but I'm still lost how to make nonkitties use them ._.
Euan

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:18 pm

I'd bet those animations are part of the model itself...you would probably need 3DSMax or Blender to change them.
Daniel Holgate

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:16 pm

I'd bet those animations are part of the model itself...you would probably need 3DSMax or Blender to change them.
That's my guess too ... but it is a guess. I think that if the "model" has the animations you can use them, if not, you probably can't.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 pm

I thought so but not really. I can extract the beastrace animations from "Skyrim - Animations.bsa" and replace the normal ones with them and it works just fine. I think they exist independently but there's some setting in CK that makes them work for some races and not for others. Like the way "Vampire" keyword tied to the vampire races ruins your character's lovingly sculpted cheeks... wait here a moment! Maybe the "IsBeastRace" keyword is responsible for those animations? o_O

Oh! I need to test something. Be back in a minute!
dean Cutler

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-obX_DmCzo&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

I have not watched it, but it's a tutorial about character-models and how skyrim deals with them ... It might help you out?
how solid

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 pm

I thought so but not really. I can extract the beastrace animations from "Skyrim - Animations.bsa" and replace the normal ones with them and it works just fine. I think they exist independently but there's some setting in CK that makes them work for some races and not for others. Like the way "Vampire" keyword tied to the vampire races ruins your character's lovingly sculpted cheeks... wait here a moment! Maybe the "IsBeastRace" keyword is responsible for those animations? o_O

Oh! I need to test something. Be back in a minute!
Oh. My. Goodness! Guys! I was right! It WOOOORKS! it totally works! Works, works, works, WORKS! n_n

~~Leeches smashes her keyboard to pieces from excitement~~

It's the first thing I made in CK that actually does what I want it toooooo!

Thanks guys for prodding my slow mind in the right direction! Love you! (And myself! I'm so genius! ^^)

Now... I only have to figure out.. WHY it works this way! I mean the keyword thingy is completely blank! There are no settings or anything! What's... how did the designers at Bethesda build this game with this editor without going totally bonkers!
MatthewJontully

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Well done you :)
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Because they worked in the same building as the people deciding that checkign IsBeastRace is what would affect animations. ;)
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Now if only we can figure out how to make SetScale() work on the player again, and modify the collision information, I'll be happy too....heh
stephanie eastwood

Return to V - Skyrim