So I'm really about to [censored] berate Bethesda

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:29 pm

I need help with my settlement. I am a Red Rocket gas station near Sanctuary Hills. I have

20 people

20 beds

21 water

6 power

296 defense

And my happiness is at 98 but it shows a red arrow pointing down meaning it's going down. Thing is I took the people who were stationed to work on the food, I set up level 3 clinics and put them there to work. Everything was great like I'm off the edge of me seat to get that dog gone achievement. But now it's going down. Please help me. Oh and I put more than 22 paintings up around the place. Please help anyone please!!!!
Tracey Duncan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:18 pm

I have 20 food as well but on the happiness menu it shows 0 because I took the people from the food and put them in shops. If anyone can guide me through like party chat on Xbox One that would make my day and be so much help to me. Please help!!!
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:28 am

Not to mention I have 20 beds.
Mélida Brunet

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:10 am

Perhaps it might have to do with entertainment being available to your settlers? This was the case for me.

It seems that just setting up the basic needs isn't enough. You have to add in features to keep the settlers clean/washed (bathtub, soap, dishrag, bucket, Abraxo minimum), healed (a level 1 Clinic at least), and a place to relax & enjoy some form of entertainment that is not connected to the same space as where they sleep (for example: a radio with couches to lounge around; throw down a chessboard or a Blast Radius game on a dining table; put down some ashtrays and a cigarette machine; set up a pool table and make sure to put down 1 of each type of ball, 2 pool sticks, and a rack; set up a work-out space & put down some of those barbells you find lying around the Commonwealth; set up a magazine rack & put your collected Grognak, Mass. Surgical, etc. in the rack for them to read; put up some disco lights and a jukebox with some couches & enough space for a dancing; etc.). Also helps to decorate the walls.

Also, they need enough seating around the settlement to stop b!tching about feet hurting, back hurting. Usually gathering these around a Level 3 Bar is best, as they will gather there after work hours for some fun. Might want to make this area exciting for them, too, with some cafe tables/benches, a radio, lots of lights, etc. That always seems to do the trick for me to raising happiness.

Nutshell: you might have to scale back on settlers & defense there to fit he rest (I can squeeze 11 settlers into the space & be able to give them enough fun stuff to do, food, water, electricity, beds, bathroom, a Brahmin pen, trader stalls that they are almost 100% happy w/up arrow all the time).

sexy zara

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Well, I will give you that Bethesda did really mess up on this one.

It was supposed to be something we achieve as we play the game normally... but it turned out to be something nightmarish and near impossible unless players do something drastic and stupid.

Shiarra Curtis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

you need shops and clinics a cooking station also if there is a synth send it away' radios and decorations help' they dont like sleeping outside

Julie Serebrekoff

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:51 am

exactly dude. Like if they were gonna make a settlement thing at least make it like how the sims was. How it was overhead and how it felt better. If that makes any sense I don't know man but like this has got to be the hardest achievement in the world no joke
Mariaa EM.

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:42 am

none of them are outside they all sleep in the gas station room. And what's wrong with the synth? I have curie there.
Michael Korkia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:43 pm

why is your power at a 6?

sounds like everyone may have beds but are living in the dirt.

Cat

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 pm

What I did to get the trophy was:

Red Rocket

6 Settlers

6 Beds

6 Water

6 Food

5 Clinics

Tons of paintings. Power doesn't increase their happiness.

brenden casey

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:23 am

that all sounds good but like when I had 6 for all I ain't get [censored] all I got was ungrateful bastards known as settlers
Nancy RIP

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:09 pm

I don't think ive seen over 80ish in any of my plays. This is with adding amazing defense, enough supplies etc. Doesn't go down but doesn't go up. Idc about achievements so meh though. As long as theyre safe and look/are generally safe im happy.

Chris Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

hahahaha exactly man
OTTO

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 am

...and this is exactly why I am never going to Platinum this game. While I enjoy my fill of settlement building and resource management, I frankly don't see the appeal of stressing out over whether there are enough entertainment, luxury and vanity options for my citizens. My wife (who has a fine arts degree) spent countless hours turning her Hangman's Alley into a friggin' multi-story luxury loft/suite. It is the most gorgeous, thoughtfully laid-out, feng shui-imbued pad you will ever see in FO4. Resources, amenities abound, and everyone's got a job to do. Hell, I wish I lived there! Yet she's hovering between 80 - 85 in happiness.

Speaking for myself, this is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The way I see it, I'm 'rebuilding' society in small patches, but there's going to be some rough spots. Those downed street lamps, the pile of tires by the curb, the fact that my settlement isn't a walled-in, air-tight base; I personally think the imperfections add to the charm and aura of the world. And so I say, screw 100 happiness! In my experience, 80 is more than enough; if anything, it's more reflective of the real world anyhow.

Sorry to get all philosophical! :P

Brιonα Renae

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:26 pm

As a few have mentioned, some serious design problems with settlements make it nearly impossible to achieve 100% without researching and spending a fair chunk of time in addressing it.

I'll point form a few things to hopefully help:

- Happiness over 80% has a negligible effect on the settlement (it "increases productivity" but the practical benefit of this is a little extra food that you're never likely to need.)

- Happiness goes up and down according to temporary modifiers, most of which seem to have to do with settlement attacks and minuteman missions. In a stable settlement, the down arrow is usually just the happiness returning to its normal level after a temporary bonus, or a temporary penalty that will gradually go away after a few days.

- The easiest way to get the achievement is with an undeveloped settlement using this "single settler" strategy. It involves using the supply lines, or stocking the workbench with enough food and water to last a couple of weeks. The wiki has an explanation on the settlement page of the method, which is a bit of a grind, and takes about an hour or so (depending.) Once the achievement unlocks, there is honestly no reason to ever be concerned with whether a settlement's happiness is much over 80.

dean Cutler

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:21 am

Enough settlers to food, rest hospital and restaurants. Clutter doesn't matter, defense may do. Maybe a junkyard dog (if you can find the owner). No settlers to caravan traderoute/defense or scavenging station. TV/radio/jukebox off or removed. Or just a easy one; 2 settlers, one to crop and other one to restaurant, enough water, 2 beds and little defense. Having alot of settlers and try 100% happiness cause messy settlements, restaurants and hospitals all over the place. Strange that Bethesda did not change that.

Cheers,

-Klevs

Isabella X

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Order pizza for them, they love that

Romy Welsch

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm

someone said having a synth lowers it but this might help also Advanced 100% Happiness Tips

Have a thriving settlement but can't quite reach 100% happiness? Here's what you'll need to do.

• It's easiest to get 100% happiness in a large settlement. For simplicity's sake, the following tips apply to your first settlement; Sanctuary.

• Get 20+ settlers as quickly as you can. Build a Radio Tower and hook it to a generator, then activate it. If you have high Charisma (10 or 11) you can draw in 20+ settlers this way.

• You can also visit small settlements you've acquired with settlers. Enter Workshop mode and select settlers to send them to different locations. Sent them to Sanctuary until you've got 20 or more.

• Food, water, and bed stat numbers must be higher than your number of settlers. Build 20+ beds, 20+ water, and 20+ food.

• Go nuts with defense. Build turrets until you've got 160-185 defense in your settlement. You can also build defense walls -- make sure to assign settlers to these posts.

• Traders improve happiness. Get the Local Leader perk to rank 2 to unlock stores. Build 15-20 Level 3 Shops; Traders, Clinics, Restaurants and Clothing stores improve happiness. Make sure to assign settlers to run the stores.

• Clinics improve happiness the fastest. Building 20+ Surgery Centers will quickly increase happiness. It costs a lot, so come prepared with plenty of caps.

• If you're waiting for 100% happiness, don't leave the area! Settlers get sad when you're not around. Stay inside the settlement, or use the bell to call everyone over. They're happier the closer you are.

• Stay in town and sleep until the 'Benevolent Leader' achievement or trophy pops. Once everything is in place, it should take less that 24 in-game hours

.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:28 am

I've never bothered with this Achievement myself, but I know another poster mentioned that you actually need to be in the Settlement personally to get it that last few points. If you go adventuring it will apparently drop down a few points. Don't know how accurate this is, but I know some others backed them up. So you may want to try hanging around for an in game week or so and see if that helps.

Heather Dawson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Someone say pizza?
Mel E

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm

if you want happy settlers, keep it small.

and don't assign bots to the settlement, they are always at 50% regardless what you do.

i grind hard

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:19 am

No matter what they'll be ungrateful but if you're going for the trophy. This is the most resource friendly. You have to take advantage of the shops. Guns and Armor don't bring up happiness. I use clinics because some believe its the best for happiness.

Power bringing nothing towards happiness. Unless its your main settlement don't waste your time on power.

Courtney Foren

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:16 pm

if it's just aboout the trophy...

- find a new settlement

- put a single setler in there

- make him a barkeeper

- put water and food in his workbench

- solved

Talitha Kukk

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm

well I wanna apologize for giving you the cussing of a lifetime that was very stupid of me to do so. Sorry bro.
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 pm

No problem :goodjob:

Have a kitten picture

https://www.google.com/search?q=kittens&client=ms-android-verizon&biw=360&bih=559&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4_8Xght3LAhXHPB4KHdqVA9sQ_AUIBCgA#imgrc=aYBzP__ei0lvKM%3A
Felix Walde

Next

Return to Fallout 4