Rebreather?

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Where can I get something that allows me to breath underwater?
Eibe Novy

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:54 am

You do quests for those boomers up right of the map/some way east of new vegas. One task is to raise a plane from the bottom of a.. sea..? Anyways, when you do that task you get a water breather thingy.
elliot mudd

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Where can I get something that allows me to breath underwater?

Raise your reputation with the Boomers to Idolized, so they offer you the quest Volare! . Ask Loyal about how to raise the bomber without drowning, and he tells you to talk to Jack. Depending on your Science skill, you can pass a check with him to get the Rebreather right away; otherwise you'll have to scrounge some parts and bring them to him to fix it.

Even if you plan to massacre all the Boomers at some point, it's a good idea to become Idolized with them first, just to get the Rebreather. It's a quest item, so you can't drop it or lose it. It's weightless, and never needs repair or refilling.
Marion Geneste

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 am

Raise your reputation with the Boomers to Idolized, so they offer you the quest Volare! . Ask Loyal about how to raise the bomber without drowning, and he tells you to talk to Jack. Depending on your Science skill, you can pass a check with him to get the Rebreather right away; otherwise you'll have to scrounge some parts and bring them to him to fix it.

Even if you plan to massacre all the Boomers at some point, it's a good idea to become Idolized with them first, just to get the Rebreather. It's a quest item, so you can't drop it or lose it. It's weightless, and never needs repair or refilling.

refilling?
m Gardner

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:14 pm

refilling?

I meant to say that you don't have to fill it with air or anything - it gives you infinite time under water.
Alexis Acevedo

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:06 am

Is that the only way to get one in the game?
luke trodden

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:36 am

It also adds +3 to your DR (but does nothing for your DT).
Pants

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Is that the only way to get one in the game?

Yep, through the quest volare! It's rather easy and fun to. Or you could get it through console commands if your on pc
alicia hillier

Return to Fallout: New Vegas